Poll

Nerf Fagchers ?

Sure
59 (19.9%)
Must
25 (8.4%)
Need
17 (5.7%)
YES PLEASE NERF IT , I'M my old friend BUT WE ARE OP !
29 (9.8%)
kebab
51 (17.2%)
No
116 (39.1%)

Total Members Voted: 295

Author Topic: Nerf Archery  (Read 27239 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Nerf Archery
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2012, 04:39:11 am »
You mean the mini stun that happens to everyone everywhere when damage is taken?  That stagger?  The one that shows we're fleshy and not the terminator robot?

You get a longer stun from projectiles, but it doesn't happen all the time. Guess it depends on armor, damage etc.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2012, 04:09:37 pm »
You mean the mini stun that happens to everyone everywhere when damage is taken?  That stagger?  The one that shows we're fleshy and not the terminator robot?

Did you read? The equivalent to the polestagger. I dont know how often it happens, but more than enough.
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2012, 04:17:54 pm »
Did you read? The equivalent to the polestagger. I dont know how often it happens, but more than enough.

I hardly read nerf archery threads tbh, unique non-retarded suggestions come up once in a blue moon.

Anyways polestun was removed b/c you could chain free hits on someone & people thought it was cheesy.  Archer draw speed is much slower compared to melee so it's impossible to hit someone twice in a row while they remain stunned as an archer.

IE it's a completely different situational stun.  Just like being horse bumped is a hell of a long stun..doesn't mean it should be removed b/c poles have their polestun gone.

In short:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 04:21:04 pm by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2012, 04:21:03 pm »
I hardly read nerf archery threads tbh, unique non-retarded suggestions come up once in a blue moon.

Anyways polestun was removed b/c you could chain free hits on someone & people thought it was cheesy.  You can't chain hits on someone as an archer while they are stunned, it's just something extra for ranged support.  Same with horse bumps - those are long stuns but just b/c polearms got their extra stun removed doesn't mean everything else has to change.

In short deal with it.

Why should pikes lose it if arrows doesn't? If it's something extra for support, why wouldn't dedicated support weapons like pikes have it, they're not fast enough either to chain hit either. Get the arrow stagger out, getting shot in the back by friendly archers and taking several hits because of it is getting old. All this extra stagger shit should go :P
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2012, 04:24:22 pm »
Why should pikes lose it if arrows doesn't? If it's something extra for support, why wouldn't dedicated support weapons like pikes have it, they're not fast enough either to chain hit either. Get the arrow stagger out, getting shot in the back by friendly archers and taking several hits because of it is getting old. All this extra stagger shit should go :P

I actually don't think pikes should have lost it.. I personally didn't find polestun to be that big a deal.  I think the part that people liked the least about it though was the fact that in 1v1 situations fast spammy poles could get lots of free hits in.  That simply isn't possible for horse bump or for ranged.  Yes they both can be used as team support, but they don't present the same lethal ability that a long polestun in 1v1 could generate.

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2012, 04:27:30 pm »
I actually don't think pikes should have lost it.. I personally didn't find polestun to be that big a deal.  I think the part that people liked the least about it though was the fact that in 1v1 situations fast spammy poles could get lots of free hits in.  That simply isn't possible for horse bump or for ranged.  Yes they both can be used as team support, but they don't present the same lethal ability that a long polestun in 1v1 could generate.

True, but if pikes don't have it, I see no reason as to why arrows should have it since pikes are the true support weapons. I was not a fan of dueling polearms sneaking in extra hits because of stagger, it was retarded (and yes I abused it for a while :P)

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2012, 04:47:49 pm »
+2
Well MrShine, if you really believe it should be removed from one and not from the other, then I guess we just disagree. I'm not calling for an archer nerf here - I'd rather call it a fix. Just like the devs like to put it: fixing a broken mechanic. Something that leaves you completely defenseless for about a second is just as stupid as it was on the polearms.

(click to show/hide)
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2012, 07:55:04 pm »
fix this bs, nerf archery  :!:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2012, 02:14:01 am »
+1

Trying to argue with mr shine is like talking to a brick wall
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2012, 05:40:38 am »
+1
Archery is like super weak atm, at least for me. Today survived 4 arrows and I have 19 body armor...

I'm packing a whopping 11 body armour and 12 str with no if and I took 2 arrows one in each arm and then ran off. Archery is OP my arse.

I just flipped my main over to archery with 5PD horn bow + bodkins... I will land 10-15 hits a round and if I'm lucky I get a kill.

Talk less shit rabbit you broken record you.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2012, 05:47:02 am »
Archers were op IRL and should be op in crpg too  :)

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2012, 06:51:29 am »
Was rolling my +3 Milanese in battle about half an hour ago. Took 5 arrows to kill me... and 3 Jarids... I think a throwing axe was mixed somewhere in there, too. Whatever, doesn't matter. Ranged is underpowered.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2012, 12:16:51 pm »
+2
It's unfair that ranged can shoot melee.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2012, 04:09:29 pm »
Trying to argue with mr shine is like talking to a brick wall

Well you gotta have a brick for a brain if you think archers still need to be nerfed.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2012, 06:06:56 pm »
+2
Arrows should be replaced with rubber dildo´s which does 1 blunt dmg on hits visitors can't see pics , please register or login

When the archers aint in combat he can also pleasure himself.
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.