Author Topic: Version 0.286  (Read 94444 times)

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
Re: Version 0.286
« Reply #390 on: June 12, 2012, 12:29:37 pm »
Deserves a repost. 100% true and has lead to many players leaving this mod completely, from absolute top players to casuals and newcomers. No one likes their invested time being completely nullified or having the fear of such happen, it is by far the worst you can ever do to your user-base, something they'll never forget you for no matter if it's a free game, mod, or whatever.

Whether you agree with changes or disagree no one in their right mind should believe that taking someone's invested time in X and rendering it completely useless is a good idea in any aspect or form what so ever.

This, pretty much how i feel.

Alot of the hours i used on this game feels wasted.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
« Reply #391 on: June 12, 2012, 12:30:01 pm »
Next nerf: shields - taking damage while blocking with shield. Also strongest shield can take 4 hits max.
that actually looks great man cmpx look at this and bring it in game

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 12, 2012, 12:32:16 pm »
Gaming is waste of time anyways.

If thats how u see it, then why do u play it?

i really dont get it then.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #393 on: June 12, 2012, 12:34:30 pm »
+3
to have fun?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2387
  • Infamy: 1112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 12, 2012, 12:34:48 pm »
realism you mean that every noob can block now?

Depends. I'm extemely lazy player and every single noob will, in fact, block one or two of my regular spam attacks. But if you feint a little bit and combine with held attack most players will have trouble to block your attack.

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
« Reply #395 on: June 12, 2012, 12:36:27 pm »
Depends. I'm extemely lazy player and every single noob will, in fact, block one or two of my regular spam attacks. But if you feint a little bit and combine with held attack most players will have trouble to block your attack.
je but with turning speed they will block 10 to 15 hits spam aint work for ya

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 12, 2012, 12:36:40 pm »
+1
to have fun?

Well then it isent a waste of time, is it?

U go to partys, to have fun. U go to the movies... to have fun. U do alot of stuff to have fun. But if i follow his theory.... than thats a waste of time aswell. Since u dont rly learn anything by it.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 12, 2012, 12:49:55 pm »
+2
But if the game changes, it's not your own char any more. It was your char, but then it was taken and changed, and now it's something different. You don't have to live with your decisions any more, you have to live with the dev's decisions. Which sucks and can lead to GTXs. I guess it's only a few per patch, but still, no need to scare people away.

It would reduce whine and increase the motivation of players to try the game with the new changes, to see how the developers meant the game to be played. But if hundreds and thousands of hours were for nothing, except of the joy of the moment, you somehow feel betrayed, if you planned on longer terms. Because grind is still an important aspect of the game, even for me. I hated the grind before the upkeep patch, but not having grind at all would definitely kill a lot of fun for me. Grind is what makes this game not totally arcade.

Come on, give the people a chance to always feel comfortable with their characters!

Deserves a repost. 100% true and has lead to many players leaving this mod completely, from absolute top players to casuals and newcomers. No one likes their invested time being completely nullified or having the fear of such happen, it is by far the worst you can ever do to your user-base, something they'll never forget you for no matter if it's a free game, mod, or whatever.

Whether you agree with changes or disagree no one in their right mind should believe that taking someone's invested time in X and rendering it completely useless is a good idea in any aspect or form what so ever.

This is pretty much what made me stop playing cRPG after 26+ generations total chars with several specs (having retired 3 times at lvl 33+). Every time I feel like updating my game version, I remember all these facts (and some "other facts") and avoid it.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2952
  • Infamy: 1663
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 12, 2012, 12:52:25 pm »
Yeah, you're "fine" example. Replaced cRPG with a Diablo 3. What a joke. GTFO.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #399 on: June 12, 2012, 12:54:55 pm »
This, pretty much how i feel.

Alot of the hours i used on this game feels wasted.
Such a crybaby... why is everyone massively exaggerating on this matter?
Cuz you have put effort into topping the scoreboard now?
Cuz others actually can adapt to the changes and you cant?
Cuz you cant wtflolstab everybody anymore?

It's not like 2h got that much of a nerf. I actually could understand poles to complain cuz they relied way more on turning but most of them even say now "Well, after playing a bit... it's fine."
Still some whiners won't stop crying like a little girl whos Lollipop got stolen.

Jesus, you people are annoying.

If you don't like it then leave... but please stop all this emberassing crying! You guys are making fools out of yourselfs - get lost already.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 12, 2012, 12:55:39 pm »
Haven't played diablo in a while, it was a complete kick in the balls to diablo fans, perhaps a big patch might do some good on it.

Been busy with RL and Day Z, even if at an extremely bugged Alpha stage, is way more entertaining, at least for me.

Nonetheless, good to see some things never change.  :wink:

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #401 on: June 12, 2012, 01:03:04 pm »
+2
Oh, I stand corrected. Gaming is as valuable as finding cure for AIDS and solutions for world hunger.

Gamers should be receiving Nobel prizes for topping the scoreboards.

Now now. Let's not mix up gaming, which is a hobby, with things like science and real life jobs/goals.

There are people who live from "gaming", but it's the rare exception.

I agree with your point but it's a bit too exaggerated.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 12, 2012, 01:07:04 pm »
+2
Yeah, you're "fine" example. Replaced cRPG with a Diablo 3. What a joke. GTFO.

Yeah man, you should say that you're quitting like ten times then not quit at all man, that's the cRPG way

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 12, 2012, 01:08:47 pm »
+1
Such a crybaby... why is everyone massively exaggerating on this matter?
Cuz you have put effort into topping the scoreboard now?
Cuz others actually can adapt to the changes and you cant?
Cuz you cant wtflolstab everybody anymore?

It's not like 2h got that much of a nerf. I actually could understand poles to complain cuz they relied way more on turning but most of them even say now "Well, after playing a bit... it's fine."
Still some whiners won't stop crying like a little girl whos Lollipop got stolen.

Jesus, you people are annoying.

If you don't like it then leave... but please stop all this emberassing crying! You guys are making fools out of yourselfs - get lost already.

Dude.......Change ur attitude, christ. I have played this mod for over a year, and i cant adapt? Do u know how many patches i went through in that year?

I dont care about topping the scoreboards, not after i took my break. I only played the game now and then, mostly playing rageball. Which has nothing to do with getting kills.

I didnt even use ''helicopter'' stab, but this was just the final punch. Which made me feel like quitting it really. But apparently, u know why i quit this game perfectly. And feel like u can tell me to fuck off, because that is not good reasons.  :rolleyes:

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #404 on: June 12, 2012, 01:11:23 pm »
+3
The whole loss of invested time in X isn't as much related to the change with 2hands as to general changes to items and game features. If anything simply the resets would weigh in to appease users.

I personally haven't played much yet regarding the new spin-change, so far from what I've picked up it does feel quite wonky but dunno yet, need more time to form a proper opinion.

If anything though the 2h change is more a matter of adaptation than completely nullifying the worth of an item or time invested into the game (leveling - which there have been announced future solutions for). I would support heirloom resets and character respecs for those effected by the needed adaptation though, since it could possibly be very different from what it used to be.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!