Author Topic: 200- eu1 discuss!  (Read 3036 times)

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
Re: 200- eu1 discuss!
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 11:15:39 pm »
There's definitely more room for optimizations.
When you say you still see people running through the air, you mean you were seeing it on the old (120) server as well? If not, it might be a bug and not a bandwidth issue.

I saw a few cav beaming around in the air (2-3 total) and sometimes I hear no weapon sounds for a few seconds. All other sounds are still there. Never had this on the old server.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1515
  • Infamy: 380
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 11:16:28 pm »
When you say you still see people running through the air, you mean you were seeing it on the old (120) server as well? If not, it might be a bug and not a bandwidth issue.

I've never seen that on old server. I saw people flying though me couple of times, like when they are dehorsed but they were infantry.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 11:17:06 pm »
With the same (mid-level) settings I use for 120 player servers, I only had an occasional drop in FPS. Ping is about the same as the regular EU server, but sometimes I get really strange delay between throwing a javelin and seeing it hit someone 5 feet away. Saw a few fly people and horses, but it glitched back into place after a second or two.

The large random plains map was really cool with that many people. Having 30+ people on each team when the flags spawn is a lot more interesting than watching 5 guys camp it while a lone horse haver circles the flags...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 11:39:15 pm »
and i don't even have the server in my server list...sigh  :cry:

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 11:41:15 pm »
Seems to be running alright for me. Only problem has been my ping but that's my service providers fault  :)

Will say though that a lot of these maps are awful for this amount of players. Particularly with a lot of cav involved. Back to EU4 for me I think. Clusterfuck is not my thing.

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 11:45:05 pm »
Its great when you play as ranged. So many targets :lol: and also many teammates that can protect you.
No noticeable fps drops or bigger lags than on old EU1 and ping is better.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 11:53:13 pm »

Meant as in still seeing it as often as i did yesterday, and yeah im sure it'd happened before with only 120 people.  Used to happen all the time when Pecores had their large sever.  I guess its do do with peoples internet rather than the sever, as i know some people said they had it more than me and other said they didn't have it at all.

Not much to be done about it other than moving, already got as good a connection as i can get out here on dartmoor!

I saw a few cav beaming around in the air (2-3 total) and sometimes I hear no weapon sounds for a few seconds. All other sounds are still there. Never had this on the old server.

The sound bug is also something a lot of people ive asked have experienced.  definitely something that has either come with the latests patch, or become more apparent because of it.

Anyway, i must say the improvements far outweigh the few kinks that remain and i think some excellent work has been done.  Just hope it can be made as smooth as possible! :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 11:56:25 pm by Casimir »
Turtles

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2012, 11:58:56 pm »
Fucking can't find it. All I can say. I'm not the only one.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2012, 12:04:16 am »

i've had it once in the old version, so I don't think it's because of the new update.
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline VaradinOld

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2012, 12:04:49 am »
Bit hard to block when so many ppl on... :shock:

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 12:10:12 am »
i want an archer squad now :!: :!:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:27:03 am by Deutschritter »

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2012, 12:22:21 am »
+2
It's definitely way more exciting.
I can't block efficiently though, so many shouts, cries and arrows flying. It's epic though.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2012, 07:17:53 am »
Will have to check this today....

My machine can do it. I get good pings, hopefully this new server can do what the old ones couldn t. :-)

Fuck, I want to play naow and see if it rubberbands or not....

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2012, 07:35:49 am »
Flying horses I have NOT experienced since the change, used to sometimes on 120 players. I also used to get yelled at on teamspeak "BEHIND YOU", noone there, BAM im dead, invisible player killed me. I assumed this was due to loading slow, losing synch with server, either thru pc speed or net speed. Instead now I sometimes get: Stabs go thru ppl. This can be quite bad. Teleporting players. This is also quite bad when the guy 10 feet infront of you suddenly chambers a stab and BAM hes behind you and your ass is penetrated. These are events witnessed by others on teamspeak, I confirmed they all saw same thing. Stuff that just I am getting I blame my rig for. Stuff that everyone corroborates means it is serverside.

But overall, I was very impressed, was playing 100 vs 100 and it was not too treacly, could block well, not as precise as low pop/ping servers, but not as bad as playing on 100+ ping, so liveable and good fun when 60-80 players are squabbling over the flags, is great to see ebb and flow as each side claims it, is pushed back, reclaims it, etc. Also is fun to make up 20 man shieldwalls and still have a ton of guys hanging around waiting for the charge.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2012, 08:26:13 am »
+1
It's great improvemnet compered to old server where my ping with 100+ players jumps from around 53-55 to 65-70. Now even with 200 players it was 55 all the time, can't say that about my FPS, but it's my laptop foult, unfortunatly in closterfucks it lowers to even 35 wich is pretty unplayable. But when there were around 150-160 players it wasn't that, so if you are planning to raise the slot numbers on EU_1 I'd say that capping it at 160 would be reasonable.
There were few bugs that I noticed, people occasionally flying in the air, team choosing screen wasn't responding for few seconds after the map start, everytime I get into the water drowning bar appers, there were missing sounds on swings but it happens only when I was spectating.
My first impressions are quite positive.