Author Topic: M&B Warband cRPG - Siege Review with *Ripper X Video Commentary*  (Read 4942 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: M&B Warband cRPG - Siege Review with *Ripper X Video Commentary*
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 07:20:34 pm »
And Goretooth is down lol

Goretooth hunting is a time-honored tradition and initiation for new players to kill their first Goretooth, even if it results in a 98% fatality rate.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 07:24:32 pm »

Goretooth hunting is a time-honored tradition and initiation for new players to kill their first Goretooth, even if it results in a 98% fatality rate.

I like the warhammer for that.  Works well. 
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2011, 07:43:14 pm »
 Awesome, between u burrick joxer and zisa I learned alot, should I get the platinum 10 for 100 or Vegas 9 for fifty? At least now I tweaked my settings where I can record well(tree distance was the best thing to lower apparently )

Ok, You need to start off with the basics that people are failing to give to you.
1. Fraps and other video capture software record in un-compressed files since compressing them would make you lag so bad it would be pointless to record. That is why they are GIANT.
2. All video editing/rendering software worth mentioning EVER will allow you to simply render your footage into a standard compressed file like every video you have ever watched; .wmv is perfect. Sidenote; I use sony vegas pro. It is good and rather simple and easy to learn. Basic Tutorials are your friend. It can do ALL the complex stuff too.
3. What is the size of your raw footage recorded in? if 1080p, Then render it into 1080p. Don't render it into anything but a standard compressed file size. For example; if you record in some fucked up half-size such as 960x562 or whatever it is, Render it into 720p for capturing that bit more detail over 480p, or 480p since it isn't going to be true HD anyways. However, don't render it into 1080p as it would be pointless AND look bad. A slightly higher bit rate than your quality is good as well; unless exact rate is present. Exacts are best, of course. Personal note to you; SINCE YOU ARE RECORDING IN 1080P RENDER IT INTO 1080p. Don't gimp your quality.
4. GO look up basic color correction and basic video editing. It will make your videos look Good and I mean good. Not stupid 12 year old kid montage shit/ bad home movies.

Good luck~
I would record stuff again but I am down to 2 gigs ram (fried), and everything else in my computer is angry. The hot summers here kill my computer. I can just run my game mostly fluidly.
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2011, 07:52:53 pm »
Depends really how advanced you want to go. When you know if you'd like to know all the advanced editing stuff you can choose platinum or pro. I personally first wanted to make simple and easy vids. After few video edits I really really wanted to do advanced stuff so I chose pro. It's hard to know what you like untill you try it out :D
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Rhuell

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: Most names that start with Rh, and a couple of others.
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 07:57:28 pm »
I enjoy watching my shit get wrecked. +1 Mr. sexy voice

Offline Burr1ck

• Earl
  • Renown: 314
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • The Mercenaries are on Twitch.tv. Check the topic!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Burrick, Stimpy
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2011, 09:34:32 pm »
Awesome, between u burrick joxer and zisa I learned alot, should I get the platinum 10 for 100 or Vegas 9 for fifty? At least now I tweaked my settings where I can record well(tree distance was the best thing to lower apparently )

I use Vegas Pro 10 64-bit. They are all pretty similar tbh, you shouldn't have a problem with any version. Imo, get Vegas 9, 100 for Plat 10 is overpriced.
If your concerned about money, why don't you get it for free :P Good luck and have fun making videos!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"Art thou the hammer, or art thou the nail? From the view of the beam, 'tis all the same. But for the nail, 'tis very different."
- Hammerite

The Mercenaries's YouTube channel

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2011, 12:28:35 am »
His videos were quite well done, keep em up and make em on the weekends when EVERYONE is on
Just a soldier

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2011, 05:13:28 am »
His videos were quite well done, keep em up and make em on the weekends when EVERYONE is on

yesyesyes do this!
This community hurts my brains, a lot.