Author Topic: M&B Warband cRPG - Siege Review with *Ripper X Video Commentary*  (Read 4940 times)

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
Re: M&B Warband cRPG - Siege Review with *Ripper X Video Commentary*
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 07:44:39 am »
HEY, I didn't know i was featured in one of your vids, cool stuff! I'll be sure to find you on the battlefield  8-) keep makin vids!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 10:14:39 am »
If only you were on EU you'd be my favourite person. You should do an EU series.
Turtles

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 05:39:28 pm »
Yeh great fun to watch. Good video again, RipperX. Nice commenting. It's great to have vids like this for players that are new to cRPG or haven't tried it yet. I hope lots of people watch it, just like the last one.

Can't we hire you to record and comment some of the tournaments or greater battles? That would be awesome. :)
Like, yesterday there was a fun tournament organised by the Fallen of 8 vs 8 clan fights. Too bad nobody recorded that.

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 08:29:42 pm »
Me agrees with casimir...

DO IT, WE PLEAD YOU PL0X!!!
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 09:12:43 pm »
I got a registered version of FRAPS and I have got some good game captures(makes me wish I had it back when strategus was up)

Problem is a round worth of video is like 4 gb(1080p), I have a good deal of nice captures so far they are just too big(to upload)

I am wondering what programs to use for editing videos and video compression, dl'd VirtualDub, but like most opensource software it is not user friendly(I was playing with it yesterday)

Any suggestions RipperX(or anybody)?

Should I turn my graphics to like 720p(youtube HD)?

Any tips on overall capturing, compression and editing would be welcome, doesn't have to be free as far as what programs I "should" be using
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 09:29:36 pm »
Sony vegas is really good and basics are easy to learn. When you get into the advanced stuff it's all there too.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline sF_Zorro

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RoyalKnight
  • Game nicks: RoyalKnight_Bastard_Bernhard
  • IRC nick: Zorro
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 09:35:33 pm »
The european players are much better :D

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 09:45:48 pm »
Sony vegas is really good and basics are easy to learn. When you get into the advanced stuff it's all there too.
vegas is the best. and cheaper then the 'higher end' ones.

blender is actually functional as an editor, though how it would handle large files I do not know, and it may be frustrating.

oh forgot.. +1 RipperX
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 10:04:08 pm »
Thx for the quick replies ima check out sony vegas

my tax refund was uber this year(had bought a house) so I am competing with my wife in a waste money campaign(she's winning) on unnecessary(but cool) stuff I want

Plus one on the cool vid ripperx

Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Burr1ck

• Earl
  • Renown: 314
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • The Mercenaries are on Twitch.tv. Check the topic!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Burrick, Stimpy
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 11:09:15 pm »
I got a registered version of FRAPS and I have got some good game captures(makes me wish I had it back when strategus was up)

Problem is a round worth of video is like 4 gb(1080p), I have a good deal of nice captures so far they are just too big(to upload)

I am wondering what programs to use for editing videos and video compression, dl'd VirtualDub, but like most opensource software it is not user friendly(I was playing with it yesterday)

Any tips on overall capturing, compression and editing would be welcome, doesn't have to be free as far as what programs I "should" be using

Hi, for my videos I use these options:

- My M&B rez is 1600x900, using fraps I record Half size. I still get great quality on youtube at 1080p
- Sometimes I record with no sound, this reduces lag and file space used. I'll use music instead.
- Experiment with different fps options, start at 60fps and work your way up until you achieve the max frame rate with the smoothest gameplay. Good frame rate = good slomo effects  :o. You may have to reduce graphics to gain better fps, fraps can be hard to system.
- Make a new folder where you would put your GBs of raw video footage, rename them according to their content. This is good for organisation.
- VirtualDub can be usefull if your recording long takes and you only want a 'snapshop of it. For me I don't use it as I only record what's necessary (takes good practise and prediction tog et the right moments). I use the trimmer tool in Sony Vegas to crop down footage.
- On Sony Vegas, make sure you use the template option, choose the highest HD option (30fps) smoothness to 100 and widescreen. Render at this option to unlock the youtube HD options. The file size will dramatically reduce from your raw footage.
- For more advanced stuff, use Adobe After Effects. It has a whole range of nice effects. Not for beginners though  :P.
Tip: use the Panning/ Zooming tool and color correctors!

Example of my work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEq4D1tnsho&feature=channel_video_title

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 11:13:40 pm by Burr1ck »

"Art thou the hammer, or art thou the nail? From the view of the beam, 'tis all the same. But for the nail, 'tis very different."
- Hammerite

The Mercenaries's YouTube channel

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011, 12:17:55 am »
Youtube has a page that has the best resolutions etc. listed for uploading. I upload in wmv since I've had tons of trouble with all other options. I usually use something like 70-95% compression when rendering to keep the file sizes down. Also when you start doing vids remember this rule of thumb: dont use effects unless they serve some purpose in the video. Shoving videos full of effects just cause they look cool doesn't cut it :D
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline EliteDragon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom (RIP)
  • Game nicks: EliteDragon
  • IRC nick: EliteDragon
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2011, 09:43:25 am »
Good job Ripper, I've seen you a couple times in-game and you're pretty good. Pre-patch, I was usually bored and noobish and so I would search YT for M&B cRPG videos and yours were always the ones that I would enjoy watching with your humor and whatnot thrown in at times. Hope you keep making these videos as imho, they are the best cRPG videos we have atm. Hope I see you in-game sometime and who knows, we might even fight on the same team. Keep up the good work bud.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2011, 01:12:41 pm »

Ok, You need to start off with the basics that people are failing to give to you.
1. Fraps and other video capture software record in un-compressed files since compressing them would make you lag so bad it would be pointless to record. That is why they are GIANT.
2. All video editing/rendering software worth mentioning EVER will allow you to simply render your footage into a standard compressed file like every video you have ever watched; .wmv is perfect. Sidenote; I use sony vegas pro. It is good and rather simple and easy to learn. Basic Tutorials are your friend. It can do ALL the complex stuff too.
3. What is the size of your raw footage recorded in? if 1080p, Then render it into 1080p. Don't render it into anything but a standard compressed file size. For example; if you record in some fucked up half-size such as 960x562 or whatever it is, Render it into 720p for capturing that bit more detail over 480p, or 480p since it isn't going to be true HD anyways. However, don't render it into 1080p as it would be pointless AND look bad. A slightly higher bit rate than your quality is good as well; unless exact rate is present. Exacts are best, of course. Personal note to you; SINCE YOU ARE RECORDING IN 1080P RENDER IT INTO 1080p. Don't gimp your quality.
4. GO look up basic color correction and basic video editing. It will make your videos look Good and I mean good. Not stupid 12 year old kid montage shit/ bad home movies.

Good luck~
I would record stuff again but I am down to 2 gigs ram (fried), and everything else in my computer is angry. The hot summers here kill my computer. I can just run my game mostly fluidly.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 01:14:21 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2011, 06:43:55 pm »
And Goretooth is down lol

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 07:17:15 pm »
 if i see him i shall throw lances till my arm is numb  :mrgreen: