Poll

Which c-RPG did you enjoy more (read page first)?

Vanilla c-RPG
106 (41.7%)
New c-RPG
148 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 254

Author Topic: Which cRPG did you prefer?  (Read 19546 times)

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
Re: Which cRPG did you prefer?
« Reply #240 on: June 03, 2012, 09:36:29 pm »
Leave Vicious alone, Momo. He is cool.

you too Bro lobe you

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #241 on: June 03, 2012, 09:51:20 pm »
+1
see you cant realize the difference? not was about speed of attacks, but the ability to feint and make the fight more dinamic, not cause of spam, consider also looms not where here, so yes we where faster but dmg where probably inferior, wpf not determine much speed is more about, of your weapon movement and patterns.
i can say that when i was lev 41 in milanese plate  shield+scimitar,    duelling vs olwen or cybern where much more interesting different and dinamic. than now.              now is all about waiting for a mistake or double spamming a left attack  for a glitch

and i not remember any tincan spam,   on a 100 man server maybe 15 where tincan.  now is more

I can see the difference, feint is still here (I admit it's harder to use now(I rarely use it), never cared about it though, I find it lame, such a cheap trick to get a free hit). And I remember clearly, nearly every tincan spammed something (even flamberg!), I did the same on around lvl 43, 60+ armor and 106 speed katana and I was mostly countered by similiar setups (even worse, when polepoop used the blunt bec... that was more troll than my build). It was ridiculous. Tincans were mostly on siege though, I played there too because of the better xp. I am totally fine with the current game speed, I found other troll build so I can have fun without any problem. Try to riposte, that's still possible and makes the duels interesting.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #242 on: June 03, 2012, 09:55:28 pm »
I can see the difference, feint is still here (I admit it's harder to use now(I rarely use it), never cared about it though, I find it lame, such a cheap trick to get a free hit).

Eh... what?  :?
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 03, 2012, 09:56:24 pm »
+1
Eh... what?  :?

Why? It is true if you manage to trick your opponent with it lol.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 03, 2012, 10:05:38 pm »
Momo is trolling you, Phyrex. He can't seriously mean that feinting is cheap. :lol:

Or maybe Ragni brainwashed him, who knows.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 03, 2012, 10:09:59 pm »
"feint is lame"

you are one of that "ppl" i was talking about, enjoy the new challenging c-rpg fight system , maybe we can ask for a turn based one, that will fit more your skills eh?

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 03, 2012, 10:10:31 pm »
+1
I puke over the fact that close to 200 trolls voted new crpg and only 80 voted old.

Here's an idea. Re-release ''Xmas-CRPG'' under a new name so people won't be confused whether it will be shut down or not (thus not even wanting to play because they're scared of a possible wipe). Or put the OLD CRPG database in the hands of some saint/good guy who are responsible and willing to take care of it.

By that i mean you (CMP, chadz and rest of dev team) willing to put Old CRPG and permission and everything with it in the hands of one or a few responsible guys who will take care of it.

That includes separate database for old crpg, picking an admin team with proper admins who will ban people who breaks the rules ingame.

And you don't even have to lift a finger. (If all of this is possible that is).

I think that with a NA and EU server and an admin team that properly makes sure people doesn't break the rules and such on the servers and that also takes care of old-crpg i'm 100% sure that Old-CRPG will get the attention it deserves.

I mean, here's a handful of reasons Xmas CRPG failed.

: No admins to keep check on things (banpoll warfare), no support at all for Xmas CRPG. No NA server which alot of NA players wanted.

So TL;DR bottomline. If you let a handful of responsible people be in charge of OLD CRPG separate mod (database, servers then i'm sure it will satisfy alot of peeps.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 03, 2012, 10:11:29 pm »
+1
"feint is lame"

you are one of that "ppl" i was talking about, enjoy the new challenging c-rpg fight system

I am enjoying it, enjoyed it in the past too, I just hate feints :D. I can have fun without it, unlike you. Bad for you.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 03, 2012, 10:12:29 pm »
I puke over the fact that close to 200 trolls voted new crpg and only 80 voted old.

Here's an idea. Re-release ''Xmas-CRPG'' under a new name so people won't be confused whether it will be shut down or not (thus not even wanting to play because they're scared of a possible wipe). Or put the OLD CRPG database in the hands of some saint/good guy who are responsible and willing to take care of it.

By that i mean you (CMP, chadz and rest of dev team) willing to put Old CRPG and permission and everything with it in the hands of one or a few responsible guys who will take care of it.

That includes separate database for old crpg, picking an admin team with proper admins who will ban people who breaks the rules ingame.

And you don't even have to lift a finger. (If all of this is possible that is).

I think that with a NA and EU server and an admin team that properly makes sure people doesn't break the rules and such on the servers and that also takes care of old-crpg i'm 100% sure that Old-CRPG will get the attention it deserves.

I mean, here's a handful of reasons Xmas CRPG failed.

: No admins to keep check on things (banpoll warfare), no support at all for Xmas CRPG. No NA server which alot of NA players wanted.

So TL;DR bottomline. If you let a handful of responsible people be in charge of OLD CRPG separate mod (database, servers then i'm sure it will satisfy alot of peeps.

if they do that,  old crp will make new crpg die  becouse all top player will go back to old ISTANTLY leaving only the momo's here

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 03, 2012, 10:13:48 pm »
+1

if they do that,  old crp will make new crpg die  becouse all top player will go back to old ISTANTLY leaving only the momo's here

I am fine with the fact that the likes of you would leave the new crpg to grow your e-peen back in the old one  :D.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:18:12 pm by Momo »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 03, 2012, 10:13:50 pm »
But it will satisfy all. Devs (CMPX, chadz) won't have to bother with it (which they don't want to at all).

And all us nostalgia fans can play old crpg. Whilst the new players can stick to the current CRPG.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 03, 2012, 10:14:01 pm »
Yes, because that is exactly what happened the last time.

..oh wait

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 03, 2012, 10:16:23 pm »
+2
You must be a very popular guy irl, ptx.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 03, 2012, 10:19:55 pm »
Yes, because that is exactly what happened the last time.

..oh wait

Re-read my post. There were basically 3 reasons XmasCRPG failed. Because 1: Nobody knew when it would end and thought it would be stupid to play for some week or so if it would end in less than a month (XMASCRPG name) and 2: There were no official support of it (which a handful of responsible people could fix)

And 3: This is basically something we just would have to live with but Vovka and Kunio were full fledged my old friendchers while most people just got into the game pretty much. Guess the results...

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 03, 2012, 10:20:03 pm »
You must be a very popular guy irl, ptx.

talk about getting owned

Re-read my post. There were basically 3 reasons XmasCRPG failed. Because 1: Nobody knew when it would end and thought it would be stupid to play for some week or so if it would end in less than a month (XMASCRPG name) and 2: There were no official support of it (which a handful of responsible people could fix)

And 3: This is basically something we just would have to live with but Vovka and Kunio were full fledged friendly archers while most people just got into the game pretty much. Guess the results...

no support?
so it was a lame release iwith the purpose to make it fail, so they can say new is better, if old have a team of dev,  and the new feature.  will kick ass of new c-rpg

overall old c-rpg where better  for 2 things only

1) better level system /wpf etc
2) better xp system.

i think nobody deny here that new c-rpg have much more feature ,      but the core of the game "the fight and development  of your char" where better in old one.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:24:22 pm by Vicious666 »