Author Topic: What's the primary weapon of an archer ?  (Read 4455 times)

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
Re: What's the primary weapon of an archer ?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 07:34:15 pm »
You guys are so sad...

Everyone cried how archers were able to be so good in melee.... so they nerfed them.

True that, that was idiocy. They shouldn't have nerfed their melee capabilities overly much (well, ok, the old old old archers in fullplate and strbuild and great maul when PD gave accuracy, but that was ages ago=.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2012, 07:40:35 pm »
1. they are better then you... yeah, it happens

Not on my watch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 07:48:09 pm »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 08:10:42 pm »
Hmm how about this?

Make 150 wpf accurate

Make every rus bow and long bow 3 slot, and every other bow 2 slot. So this leaves them with 1 quiver of arrows and a 1slot-0slot melee weapon.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Siberian_Wolf

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: UncountedSauce
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 08:25:42 pm »
Hmm how about this?

Make 150 wpf accurate

Make every rus bow and long bow 3 slot, and every other bow 2 slot. So this leaves them with 1 quiver of arrows and a 1slot-0slot melee weapon.

We might aswell make all good melee weapons 3 slots as well, and make the less good /1handers 2 slot. And make xbows 2 slots and HC and arbalist 3 slot... and so on.

What your talking about ALSO will  not change anything. They will just go to the most powerful 2 slot bow, pack 2 quivers and do the same thing except have more agi since they only need 5 PD max instead of 6.

My friend, you just made things worse.
Even the brightest of stars fade in time...

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2012, 08:30:19 pm »
Make shields 4 slot

Offline Siberian_Wolf

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2012, 08:32:54 pm »
I believe a better solution would have to come with the core issue.
Thats the wpf system.

If an archer wants 6 pd he will need a good amount of WPF in it to be any accurate, this leaves out room for wpf in melee and leaves them feeling in capable and unwilling to stand and fight. Other then that to get more wpf they need high AGI which in return, they put points into athletics.

I say lower the penaltie of powerdraw to wpf and lower damage to bows by 2 or 3 to compensate that the archer communtiy will go for harder hitting builds.
But in return, because they CAN go for harder hitting builds, less points will be spent on agi.

And because you lowered the damage to all ows by 2 or 3 they will do the same damage with 7 or 8 PD then they did with 5 or 6. BUT they will have leas agi.

Its a hidden nerf, disguised as a buff.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2201
  • Infamy: 786
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2012, 09:15:21 pm »
Date Registered: April 23, 2012, 16:35:24

stfu

Offline Siberian_Wolf

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2012, 11:07:17 pm »
stfu

So the date I registered an account on the forums says how long Ive been playing?
Shows your intelligence.

Ive been playing 2 years, but have recently made a forums account so I could see people say the stuff you say.

Either way, could I get some real feedback on this? Constructive criticism, comments, rebutles? It would be nice to really get to the core of this kiting issue with a semi mature approach at the very least.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2012, 03:45:51 am »
Dont you have to register when you start playing?  :|

Offline Siberian_Wolf

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2012, 04:06:37 am »
Dont you have to register when you start playing?  :|

No, you don't.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2012, 06:05:14 am »
+3
I was going to downvote you Ujin until I noticed your "kudos".  :mrgreen:

This is the age old "fight" between melee and ranged, I won't get too far into it but anything that you can't hit back with in melee is frustrating, believe me I can understand that, that's where I get my kicks from being an archer. If I run off, and you can't catch me, it makes me grin but personally I find that gets boring, and I get bigger kicks from killing off my aggressors with my melee weapon.

It's down to the player, their style of play and how they react to situations.

Being brutaly honest, this isn't a problem. The game is more balanced than it has ever been, but there are always going to be people who find something unfair, my personal bugbear is the ridiculousness of cavalry and their "bump-stabs" with lances, that's just so frustrating, they can do something that I can't, they're difficult to avoid, and once that horse even brushes against you, you're helpless to defend.

Same thing with the ranged, as a 2 hander/polearms fellow, you're helpless to defend from an arrow or bolt, but at the end of the day, you chose to be slow and only hit things within arms reach, whereas we chose to be fast and hit things from a range. Both of those have their heavy disadvantages, yours being your lack of range and slow movement speed while ours is our lack of any proper armour or melee capabilities.

It's a real grey area, some people will say it's a problem, and others such as myself won't see one, because it's someones disadvantage and some elses advantage.

I am merely re-itterating what many many people have said before and the likelihood that it will change is probably very slim, the people more detatched from individual classes, those with many alts who play many different styles and are far more versatile will be able to pick up on flaws much easier than those, such as myself once again, or a lot of you melee players who will see only their way so, forgive me if I sound biased!  :wink:

Regardless of all that, range will always piss melee off, cav will always piss everyone off etc etc and that's the way it is. There are many different classes that one can chose to be, Crossbowman, Archer, Lancer, 1H Cavalry, 2H Cavalry, 2H Swordsman, Sword & Board, Pikeman, Phalanx, the list goes on, they all have their pros and cons and they won't always be suited to taking down another given class.

Reducing the archers running speed will do nothing, it'll just make them more reluctant to get close to their enemies and you will probably catch less due to the fact that they will literally throw down their arms and retreat while allowing them to have melee capabilities will only fuel more rage against them, because they will be the "perfect multi-class of range & melee" which suits no one.

Sorry for the long post but this is all I will say on the matter, it's been gone over so many times that there isn't anything I can say that won't have already been said but on top of that, I don't want to get into an argument with anyone. I'm sure we all have better uses of our time!  :) I readily admit that I have a biased view but I try and compromise in game anyway!

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2012, 09:07:03 am »
Tenne, you got a point.

And erm. While the round endings are somewhat frustrating to watch (when a few archers kite people) in general combat (before running away starts) archery is just fine, and needed. If you go around with a big axe and no shield, well, there should be a disadvantage to that too. The game isn't just melee fighting.

Naturally, it's annoying when you get killed by a class you cannot really counter. But people could also play more tactically, and use cover, too; there is no need to always run after the three remaining archers if your team has no ranged or cavalry left.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2012, 03:17:59 pm »
As Dezilagel once said ingame, very few players actually fight in cRPG nowadays. I'm not one of them.

Situation is a lot better on NA servers though.

On EU I spot an enemy, he sees me, turn around and run. Doesn't matter what class he is. Until he gets backup then they chase me.

Huge majority of players won't attack an enemy unless he's not aware of them or they don't have greater numbers.

It's sad.

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2012, 03:42:38 pm »
As Dezilagel once said ingame, very few players actually fight in cRPG nowadays. I'm not one of them.

Situation is a lot better on NA servers though.

On EU I spot an enemy, he sees me, turn around and run. Doesn't matter what class he is. Until he gets backup then they chase me.

Huge majority of players won't attack an enemy unless he's not aware of them or they don't have greater numbers.

It's sad.

Wow, really? I guess charging is just for the elite.

As legend foretold, that some beast-men, had the PK gene, and that they, would charge any opponent regardless of stature, and engage in an unfair fight against normal men. This quality is what it means to be, a PK. This foretelling came to reality in the year 2010.

PK is based around the skills, and bravery of many internet-swordsmen. We never slash the unaware, and kick them with use of the e key, if we approach someone, or an army, who somehow, missed such a spectaclular warrior (rare scenario). Then it becomes a duel, often just one PK against the whole enemy team (still a PK biased fight), and then within seconds it's GG, and everyone resumes hating on the c-RPG heroes of today.

Talk about sad. It's hard being down in the frontline, showing them how it's done, then being neglected on the forums for it.

PK for president.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.