• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Racism
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2012, 05:38:12 pm »
Everyone is racist in some way. If you think you're not, you need to seriously take a closer look at your beliefs. I for one believe in freedom of speech, I'm not American, I'm not saying "First ammendment FUCK YEAH!", I'm just saying that people should be allowed to say whatever they want.
I also believe in freedom to ignore someone you think is a fucking moron.

Just saying.

Even if it will cause people to be oppressed in some way?

Offline TheFocusedOne

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2012, 09:03:35 pm »
I'm just saying that people should be allowed to say whatever they want.

This libertarian ideal is very, very stupid for a well functioning society.

In society there will always be deviant members.  Deviance is (among other things) members of visible minorities, homosexuals, emos, nerds, the mentally handicapped, the extremely poor, the physically disabled - the list goes on and on.

Those in society who are not deviant, on a subconcious level, look to segregate themselves from those that they see as deviant - and hate speech perpetuates this by enforcing negative social morays (schema) into the collective conciousness of the society.  Because no matter how smart or above 'peer pressure' you think you are - hearing something often enough makes you more prone to believe that thing - it is called classical conditioning and it works on pretty much every animal.

To that end, some speech is actually destructive to the foundations of freedom and equality that our society so highly lauds.

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2012, 09:05:18 pm »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2012, 09:23:02 pm »
seriously, why do we have people here who lobby FOR racism?
i mean, i am not saying banning this braun idiot is helping anybody, and that we can't just deal with it like mature humans: ignore him and he will eventually stop, or even better: educate the person and they will gain no fun insulting people (even if calling them gays (if thats considered and insult), and whatever)
--- but: what bugs me here is that you Zlisch are calling it a small problem we should just accept, and then you go and insult people for their effort to change something about it - wtf is up with you?
your mum didn't teach you to call out racists for their bullshit? I'm sorry if you missed that opportunity, my mum did and I love her for it.

well anyway, I'm not interested to stirring up the shit in some of the brains around, so I'll leave it at that.
All this fear of racists and chocolate chip cookie's are fucking up peoples brains, I recall once being on EU_1 with more than half the players denying that Seinstein and his crew were quite intelligent people, and then insulting the hell out of me for claiming it... I believe freedom of speech is important shit and unless you're scammin' 'n' shit or actually being a threat to other peoples lives then it's a lot more important not to fuck up freedom of speech than to ban speech you disagree with, I believe in the right to be a racist asshole. As long as the persons intentions are not to physically harm another human being I do believe he should be allowed to say whatever fucked up shit he pleases.

And if society wants to cut down on racism the first step (and probably the final one as well) would be to stop teaching nationalistic ideas to people, not mention how wrong what is caused by nationalism is while ignoring the cause, while waving your countries flag and talking about how you're a better person than anybody else due to being born in Sweden or something.

And BTW, an insult only maters if it comes from someone you respect, and I doubt you respect the racists, so why does their opinion mater and have to be dealt with as long as it's pretty clear they ain't gonna go out and massacre a bunch of children the next day?

Also, I recall once in NW a guy was banpolling some guy called 104th_Tony_the_Slave or something due to using black skin color along with his name, is Tony_the_Slave a horrible person? Do we want people banned for that shit here?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline RandomOutsider

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2012, 09:36:54 pm »
All this fear of racists and chocolate chip cookie's are fucking up peoples brains, I recall once being on EU_1 with more than half the players denying that Seinstein and his crew were quite intelligent people, and then insulting the hell out of me for claiming it... I believe freedom of speech is important shit and unless you're scammin' 'n' shit or actually being a threat to other peoples lives then it's a lot more important not to fuck up freedom of speech than to ban speech you disagree with, I believe in the right to be a racist asshole. As long as the persons intentions are not to physically harm another human being I do believe he should be allowed to say whatever fucked up shit he pleases.

And if society wants to cut down on racism the first step (and probably the final one as well) would be to stop teaching nationalistic ideas to people, not mention how wrong what is caused by nationalism is while ignoring the cause, while waving your countries flag and talking about how you're a better person than anybody else due to being born in Sweden or something.

And BTW, an insult only maters if it comes from someone you respect, and I doubt you respect the racists, so why does their opinion mater and have to be dealt with as long as it's pretty clear they ain't gonna go out and massacre a bunch of children the next day?

Also, I recall once in NW a guy was banpolling some guy called 104th_Tony_the_Slave or something due to using black skin color along with his name, is Tony_the_Slave a horrible person? Do we want people banned for that shit here?

You weren't there when (Braun/BlindPew/whatever name the coward has now) was talking. He wasn't just saying things, he was trying to provoke us with his comments.
Obviously we both have different opinions on the issue. At least you're willing to come here and talk about it in a civil manner. Let's just leave it at that.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2012, 09:50:26 pm »
+1
he was trying to provoke us with his comments.
If he was doing that he wasn't a racist, just some random asshole, probably didn't believe in half the shit he was sayin'...
...while I personally believe all races and nationalities are equally not something to be proud of I don't mind others having other opinions...
IMO if the person was trying to provoke him you should've just muted him as an asshole and not as a person with different world views and opinions of right and wrong.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2012, 09:51:50 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Random facts, I guess? More people where I live need to hear them since they are stupid white cloaks(not really) and hate others. Just wish people'd see facts straight.

Offline RandomOutsider

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2012, 10:13:07 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Random facts, I guess? More people where I live need to hear them since they are stupid white cloaks(not really) and hate others. Just wish people'd see facts straight.

Seriously, your analogies need to be better. Comparing the working conditions in China (no doubt really bad) to what he meant by slavery is completely different.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2012, 10:15:42 pm »
Seriously, your analogies need to be better. Comparing the working conditions in China (no doubt really bad) to what he meant by slavery is completely different.

I didn't direct it to anyone. The guy above talked about slavery?

I was just posting that out there.

And yea, i DO suck at analogies.

We need an Alien invasion or something so that we can have a common enemy or something we can put our hate towards. Best way to get people to unite is have an outside threat
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 10:16:57 pm by Lt_Anders »

Offline RandomOutsider

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2012, 10:20:08 pm »
+1
We need the Reapers to come and give us a better ending.  :mrgreen:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 863
  • Infamy: 1210
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2012, 10:47:17 pm »
+1
I'm just saying that people should be allowed to say whatever they want.

People should stay silent until they think of something smart to say, imho.

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2012, 11:19:36 pm »
+2

LOL at first grade responses.  Okay freedom of speech as long as you don't physically harm anybody.  Lets revert back to the days of burning crosses on lawns and spray painting racial slurs on garage doors.  You are just a pot stirer.  As long as you get a rise out of somebody you feel as if you have accomplished something. 

On a side note people often times feel 100x larger then life in cyber world.  Remember this!  It may seem as if the people you are talking to and poorly about have no names and faces but i'm here to tell you they do.  Words are symbolic to meaning and passion and when you start pulling on those strings chaos breaks out from order.  I know I know... Grow a thicker skin right?  I would rather see a world where people treat others with respect then everybody just grow a thicker skin and burn crosses in lawns.  Being calous *spelling?* is so ugly afterall.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:21:43 pm by Rainbow »

Offline TheFocusedOne

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2012, 11:25:56 pm »
It may seem as if the people you are talking to and poorly about have no names and faces but i'm here to tell you they do.  Words are symbolic to meaning and passion and when you start pulling on those strings chaos breaks out from order.  I know I know... Grow a thicker skin right?  I would rather see a world where people treat others with respect then everybody just grow a thicker skin and burn crosses in lawns.  Being calous *spelling?* is so ugly afterall.

Intelligence and empathy on cRPG forums?  What is this sorcery?

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2012, 11:27:41 pm »
+1
Anyone offended by racism is either a nationalist pig or some guy who is trying to make himself feel like he's making a difference.

+1,
(click to show/hide)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2012, 11:44:00 pm »
Don't bend Vibe's words. That's not what he meant.

Gosh! Everyone knows what he meant!

Obviously Vibe wants us to bend him over, not his words.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.