Author Topic: cRPG Nations Cup  (Read 52814 times)

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
Re: cRPG Nations Cup
« Reply #195 on: June 22, 2012, 06:16:23 pm »
How can we post lineups without knowing the actual rules?

Until I know what I am actually working towards then my "lineup" consists of every single UK player that has so far attended a training or registered their interest.  That's about 25 - 30 players atm
Agreed except change the UK to US
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Zotte

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 12
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Zotte, Craftybadger
  • IRC nick: Zotte
« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2012, 11:49:16 pm »
Okay, since none has signed up, deadline for posting your initial line-up will be this monday, if this doesnt get going by then, this event will have to be shutdown due to apparent lack of interest.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2012, 01:52:35 am »
+2
Okay, since none has signed up, deadline for posting your initial line-up will be this monday, if this doesnt get going by then, this event will have to be shutdown due to apparent lack of interest.

There is plenty of interest but we just need you to post some rules before we can name any line ups.  None of us want to name a lineup of 16 now and have our other players lose interest, only for us to find we need those other players when the rules are finally announced.

There have been plenty of tournaments/battles in the past so just use similar rules to those with a bit of common sense.  Personally, I would go for the following

1) All Chars allowed (Mains, Alts & STFs)
2) Squads are made up of 16 chars (not players)
3) Max of 4 Cav per squad
4) Max of 4 Ranged per squad (inc throwers)
5) Horse Archers count as both Cav and Ranged
6) All Armour/Weapons allowed including looms
7) Only 1 Armoured horse allowed at a time in a match
8) Any combination of chars from the squad allowed in a match.
9) Matches are 10vs10 by default and can only be increased if both Teams agree

Yes, some people will object to this but that really doesn't matter.  So long as the rules are vaguely sensible and can be enforced easily by referees then you can pick whatever you want.

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2012, 02:34:27 am »
There is plenty of interest but we just need you to post some rules before we can name any line ups.  None of us want to name a lineup of 16 now and have our other players lose interest, only for us to find we need those other players when the rules are finally announced.

There have been plenty of tournaments/battles in the past so just use similar rules to those with a bit of common sense.  Personally, I would go for the following

1) All Chars allowed (Mains, Alts & STFs)
2) Squads are made up of 16 chars (not players)
3) Max of 4 Cav per squad
4) Max of 4 Ranged per squad (inc throwers)
5) Horse Archers count as both Cav and Ranged
6) All Armour/Weapons allowed including looms
7) Only 1 Armoured horse allowed at a time in a match
8) Any combination of chars from the squad allowed in a match.
9) Matches are 10vs10 by default and can only be increased if both Teams agree

Yes, some people will object to this but that really doesn't matter.  So long as the rules are vaguely sensible and can be enforced easily by referees then you can pick whatever you want.
This guy is saying the exact same things ive been thinking.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Plavor

• Baron
  • Renown: 83
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Yoshis are dragons, not dinos!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Plavor
  • IRC nick: Plavor
« Reply #199 on: June 24, 2012, 02:34:48 am »
+1
my suggestion for battle :

2 range
2 cav
1 Maul
2 Heavy Armor

HA count as range and cav

Offline Zotte

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2012, 12:07:43 pm »
As i have stated beforehand, we will soon be hosting some test matches, for which i will need teams during these test matches we will draft the final rule sets.

I have also stated that each team can change their 16 man line-up up to 4 days before every match, to make substitutions and adjustments in tactics, meaning that if you handle things properlu as a captain and rotate your positions in the team there is no need for your reserve to lose interest.

I really need to know each team's current numbers and rough line up so that i can start merging smaller nations, and the longer this is dragging on the longer it will take before this event can properly start.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2012, 04:39:23 pm »
As i have stated beforehand, we will soon be hosting some test matches, for which i will need teams during these test matches we will draft the final rule sets.

I have also stated that each team can change their 16 man line-up up to 4 days before every match, to make substitutions and adjustments in tactics, meaning that if you handle things properly as a captain and rotate your positions in the team there is no need for your reserve to lose interest.

1) Deciding things according to test matches is only going to favour the teams in those test matches

2) Why force us to jump through these hoops and create extra work for Captains to keep players happy when their really isn't any need.

3)  I'm sure you and the other people organising this tournament have played enough cRPG to just come up with a decent rule set so why doubt yourself?  Just name something with a bit of common sense and we will abide by it.

I really need to know each team's current numbers and rough line up so that i can start merging smaller nations, and the longer this is dragging on the longer it will take before this event can properly start.

You can have my current numbers without me naming a squad.

UK has 16+ players and will have no trouble forming a squad. If you want us to we can merge with Ireland to form a UK & Ireland team so that the small number of Irish players aren't left out but that is up to you.

There - done :)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2012, 09:07:01 pm »
Try to get in contact with Beauchamp or some of the Fallen I guess, they're the ones who organized quite a few past tournaments. They were mostly melee only and in small enclosed areas, but there were also regular matches. What was the ruleset for the last cRPG tournament? It was something along the lines of what Plavor said, only limits were heavy armor, cav (including 1 heavy cav limit), and ranged (I think it was 3 ranged max, 2 type of ranged max, i.e 2 archers and 1 xbow, 2 xbows and 1 archer, and HA counter for a cav AND ranged slot).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zotte

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 24, 2012, 10:16:48 pm »
I did not ask everyones opinion on the needed rule set, seeing as the scale of the tournament will be quite a lot larger then any we have had so far this needs to be done properly. the aim is to create a balance of classes while still allowing for plenty of flexibility, heirloom/STF restricitions will also need to be set, the servers themselves need to be tested, the referees need to be evaluated, the server settings will also need to be finalized, the maps will also need to be selected, the list goes on and on. In short there needs to be a lot of things done in the current weeks to ensure a fun and hopefully equal and competative tournament, which is why we will be hosting test matches to make sure everything goes alright, it has no use already setting the class / item/ STF restrictions already since we do not know the proper balance for an event such as this.

What this basicly means is that the captains should just get their teams ready and listed, making adjustments later if needed. So that i can continue doing my part in all of this.

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2012, 10:25:08 pm »
German team is ready to field 16+ players for Nations Cup. If necessary, we could be merged with Austria/Switzerland if they do not manage to field enough players.
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #205 on: June 25, 2012, 12:05:16 am »
Fuck that, why do you get the Swiss? Split it threeways between you Italy and France based on language XD.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 25, 2012, 02:33:39 pm »
So how far is this project?

Germans are in, noone else?

Smaller countries might have the problem to not have enough players, especially when you want to limit some classes.

You would want to have at least eight teams I assume.

Why not allow smaller countries to pair-up? Even in native some countries were allowed to form alliances.

Here is my suggestion:

Team 1: Germany (has enough players, could probably get a Germany 2)

Teams 2 and 3: Russia and America (should have enough players but might want some bonus to compensate ping)

Team 4: France, reinforced by players from nearby countries (Switzerland, Belgium, ....)

Team 5: northern Europe: Sweden, Denmark, Finland, ....

Team 6: eastern Europe: Poland, Ukraine, Latvia, ........

Team 7: western Europe: UK, Netherlands, .....

Team 8: team southeastern europe: Austria, Croatia, Greece, .....

Team 9: the south, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Africa

Team 10: well I guess you got the system

EDIT: Ah, noticed UK has already enough, so the Netherlands can help elsewhere (or even start their own team)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 02:37:15 pm by Michael »

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #207 on: June 25, 2012, 03:11:58 pm »
That is one absolutely TERRIBLE composition of merging teams together, holy hell.

Offline killnaboy

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 25, 2012, 03:25:35 pm »
how do you join a team? (Belgium)

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 25, 2012, 04:40:24 pm »
That is one absolutely TERRIBLE composition of merging teams together, holy hell.

I think almost everything is better than a "tournament" with only two teams (Germany and UK), or no tournament at all......................

Another option of course would be to simply merge in alphabetical order. Sweden and Spain would be in a team,

Poland and Portugal

Netherlands and Norway

and so on