Author Topic: Cavalry Balance Solution  (Read 3672 times)

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
Re: Cavalry Balance Solution
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2012, 08:40:32 am »
Melee only? Interesting reasons, with that logic everyone should be a Jambi or a DaveUKR *shrugs*
Well, seeing as you mainly are yelling at the EU folks, you should probably scrim with them. They have the most Melee anyways. NA has a lot of dirty rotten archers and cav.

Timezones are:
EU would be mostly UTC+0 and UTC+1
NA would be UTC-8/7/6/5
http://www.worldtimezone.com/

Regardless of outcomes, this should be a fun skrim.

EDIT: Also curious if you want armor restrictions.

Just putting it out there, have you ever tried blocking with 380 ping? (Or shooting, because you're an archer?)

Sounds like a brilliant idea!

That would be unrealistic, a metal sword will not break after 5-6 minutes of fighting, while a wooden shaft can break if you ram it into a shield/armor while standing on a horse.

And in a sense of realism, if you lance through a tincan, how would one retrieve that lance once he's impaled, and you're riding past?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2012, 09:34:18 am »
Just putting it out there, have you ever tried blocking with 380 ping? (Or shooting, because you're an archer?)

Sounds like a brilliant idea!

Well you disqualified the majority of my NA players, so that too was a brilliant idea.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2012, 09:36:41 am »
Well you disqualified the majority of my NA players, so that too was a brilliant idea.

Well, I'm not sure if you've heard, but we have a sponsor for PK's NA tour next year. Better get the umbrella out, because there's a storm coming.

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2012, 09:59:45 am »
this thread derailed a little into just PK and Fallen bad mouthing each other... personally cav's fine. go bother ranged some more and leave us horsemen alone.

BTW is this PK guy serious or just trolling, cause no ones honestly that thick headed right?
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2012, 10:46:44 am »
+2
Lancing is the premium anti-tincan weapon. As such, it must be damaging against everyone else as well.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2012, 06:40:30 am »
this thread derailed a little into just PK and Fallen bad mouthing each other... personally cav's fine. go bother ranged some more and leave us horsemen alone.

BTW is this PK guy serious or just trolling, cause no ones honestly that thick headed right?

What is there to derail when the original post is biased and retarded QQ- post from a guy who obviously is butt hurt about cavalry and archery? He has a big mouth but he can't give any proper arguments backing his sayings other than the brag about him and his butt buddies being the best in the world and knowing everything. They can't even troll properly if this is what it is all aboot. It's only stupid...

Blah...

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2012, 06:43:47 am »
+1
Gee, Odin,

I really thought you would just be quiet and accept that PK is superior to every other clan out there. You're more worthless than a skidmark on my PK signed underpants. You always seem just to go against whatever I say, regardless of how good the idea is, purely, because I declined your application to start a EU branch of PK. I mean, sorry, you don't cut the criteria of being a boss. Get over it. Fuck.

And "leave us horsemen alone" why? everyone whinges about it, and how isn't it OP? You can couch like, how many people in one round? Yeah, too many. You're just an ignorant rookie who can't see the light that PK brings with our more than reasonable suggestion. Talk about biased. So, grow a set, and learn to melee.

In NA I noticed a guy called HeavenHill_of_Crafty who often tops the killboard as cav with a charger. I saw him once his horse died, and he couldn't even block at all. #soskilled.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 06:53:25 am by Black Wind »

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2012, 06:50:02 am »
Gee, Odin,

I really thought you would just be quiet and accept that PK is superior to every other clan out there. You're more worthless than a skidmark on my PK signed underpants.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2012, 07:08:37 am »
Gee, Odin,

I really thought you would just be quiet and accept that PK is superior to every other clan out there. You're more worthless than a skidmark on my PK signed underpants. You always seem just to go against whatever I say, regardless of how good the idea is, purely, because I declined your application to start a EU branch of PK. I mean, sorry, you don't cut the criteria of being a boss. Get over it. Fuck.

And "leave us horsemen alone" why? everyone whinges about it, and how isn't it OP? You can couch like, how many people in one round? Yeah, too many. You're just an ignorant rookie who can't see the light that PK brings with our more than reasonable suggestion. Talk about biased. So, grow a set, and learn to melee.

In NA I noticed a guy called HeavenHill_of_Crafty who often tops the killboard as cav with a charger. I saw him once his horse died, and he couldn't even block at all. #soskilled.

Quoted in case you want to edit your posts once again. I have never ever wanted to have anything to do with you dirtbags. I'm using a cavalry hybrid build because I like playing in melee too. I'm not going to brag about my skills or no skills. I do my part in melee or cav and that's that. Unlike you melee "elitists" like to think, there is other classes to play and all of them require completely different skillset and tactics. I don't go against everything you say because it's you posting it. It's just because most of the time you just post ignorant shit. So grow a set, and learn to cav or shoot.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2012, 03:45:10 pm »
son of odin loves that quote and so do I :D

But yeah, I was thinking something like 3 couches and it breaks or you have a % chance of dropping it. So you slam into some one kill them and it flies out of your hand.

I wouldn't mind at all a limit for the number of couching (except for the "counching only" weapons of course). Not that it would break your lance, but just you can't do it anymore, so back to using it normally.

That's actually pretty interesting, and i'd be ready to give it a try.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2012, 04:28:03 pm »
Quoted in case you want to edit your posts once again. I have never ever wanted to have anything to do with you dirtbags. I'm using a cavalry hybrid build because I like playing in melee too. I'm not going to brag about my skills or no skills. I do my part in melee or cav and that's that. Unlike you melee "elitists" like to think, there is other classes to play and all of them require completely different skillset and tactics. I don't go against everything you say because it's you posting it. It's just because most of the time you just post ignorant shit. So grow a set, and learn to cav or shoot.

Many flaws there.

1. Ok, you didn't ask to create a PK sub-branch in EU servers.
2. Us melee 'elitists' believe that melee is the only way to play, because it requires the most skill. There's no blocking associated with 'shooting' or 'cav'.
3. I did cav for 3 gens, and thus, am quite adequate at it.
4. I find it ironic that you suggest I roll into "shooting" and "cav", and that I need to grow a set. Those classes are the text-book definition of vagina.
5. Yes, you do go against everything I say, or any other PK's, because it's us.
6. Be realistic, if you couch anyone, with one of those twig-like lances (not great or jousting) would you expect it not to break, considering a tincan would typically weigh ~100kg+, and those lances are pin-dick thin, hitting them at say, 40km/h? At the very least, it'd go through them, resulting in the splintering or loss of the lance.

Get your head on straight! Oh wait, what head? All you EUmy old friends and NAmy old friends just conform like sheep to what one semi-respected player suggests.

Now, here's some reasons why my observation is more valid than yours;

1. I was a dedicated cav for an extended period of tome, both pre-patch (no upkeep), and post patch (nerfed lancing angle & upkeep), and I found it easymode.
2. I am a polearm user, therefore cav generally don't target me. This means I have less of a bias than other infantry.
3. I've most probably been here longer than you, and have more experience.

I'm being honest here. This is NOT another PK ego post.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2012, 04:49:33 pm »
HA and HX are anti lancer

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2012, 05:14:55 pm »
+3

Of course as All Crafty Players Are From Japan And Have The Ping For Japan.

Great Example.

Damn those Japanese Players for playing on our servers and having problems with ping! Oh wait  :rolleyes:
I forgot how retarded the c-RPG community is.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:17:05 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2012, 05:48:58 pm »
+3
Just some people in the community are retarded, and thankfully they all open their mouths and point "ME ME ME" so they're easy to recognize.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2012, 04:47:16 am »
1. Ok, you didn't ask to create a PK sub-branch in EU servers.
2. Us melee 'elitists' believe that melee is the only way to play, because it requires the most skill. There's no blocking associated with 'shooting' or 'cav'.
3. I did cav for 3 gens, and thus, am quite adequate at it.
4. I find it ironic that you suggest I roll into "shooting" and "cav", and that I need to grow a set. Those classes are the text-book definition of vagina.
5. Yes, you do go against everything I say, or any other PK's, because it's us.
6. Be realistic, if you couch anyone, with one of those twig-like lances (not great or jousting) would you expect it not to break, considering a tincan would typically weigh ~100kg+, and those lances are pin-dick thin, hitting them at say, 40km/h? At the very least, it'd go through them, resulting in the splintering or loss of the lance.

1. True.
2. There is no blocking associated with cavalry or archery. Shit, even noobs can block nowadays. It's nothing special ya know? Battle is about more than just blocking and getting the killing strikes.
3. Oh you played a class you claim to be op for 3 gens. Wonder why :DD. I have played 4 or 5 gens as a lancer and had multiple alts that have been cav.
4. Indeed you definetly need to grow a set because obviously you don't have any balls to admit that those two classes require similiar amount of skill. Are you trying to compensate something when you only play melee and say it's the only skill class?
5. Yeah it might be the case at this point because you never say anything that is original or potentially good for the mod.
6. Not if you hit the head :P. But be realistic yourself then. 2h sword swing cutting through plate armor like it was butter? HELL NO!

Now, here's some reasons why my observation is more valid than yours;

1. I was a dedicated cav for an extended period of tome, both pre-patch (no upkeep), and post patch (nerfed lancing angle & upkeep), and I found it easymode.
2. I am a polearm user, therefore cav generally don't target me. This means I have less of a bias than other infantry.
3. I've most probably been here longer than you, and have more experience.

"Now, here's some reasons why my observation is more valid than yours;" ah this sounds promising...

1. I was dedicated cav in pre-patch too. I was also 1h, polearmer and 2h/thrower in preupkeep patch.
2. My character is polearm infantry too when I take my horse off my inventory. What is your point?
3. You've most probably making an assumption which we don't know the answer to. Let me make another one. I'm most probably older than you, and have more experience in everything. So I win every argument now.

Get your head on straight! Oh wait, what head? All you EUmy old friends and NAmy old friends just conform like sheep to what one semi-respected player suggests.

Implying that people respect YOU?

I'm being honest here. This is NOT another PK ego post.

Sure it isn't, I believe you. You are just trying to get somekind of recognition in the website. Even the so called "original post" of this thread. There is nothing original about it http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,31833.0.html

This thread indeed belongs to the realism discussion more than it does to game balance discussion. But I guess you couldn't post your copycat thread there because Tuonela posted his into the correct subforum.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 04:52:35 am by Son Of Odin »