Author Topic: Feedback: boring(XP-System)  (Read 4997 times)

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
Re: Feedback: boring(XP-System)
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2011, 10:29:34 pm »
There was never anything to "reach for". If you get a real sense of accomplishment from grinding an awesome uber toon you should shut down the computer immediately and get a life.

I speak for myself, but I am sure others will agree that the game has improverd significantly since recent patch. Heirloom are not needed - they are a nice little bonus, a cherry you get when you the cycle again from peasant - there is nothing to reach for except the way to get there, where ever "there" is. I much prefer the current situation where I can easily equip myself in the style that I want and in quality enough to compete. Occasionally even use the most expensive equipment, easily. Previously I could never afford the equipment to allow me to compete, not plate, not armored horse and not even the top weapons.

The super-steep xp curve beyond 30 was made to stop the people with no life from setting the standard in the game. Heirlooming can only benefit you so much and a couple of hard-grind extra levels above everyone else will not break balance. It allows you to improve your toon, but only marginally so - meaning it is entirely up to your skill, not your lack of social life. This is what "skill based" means, not your skill in grinding to be able to win without skill.

For those that log in and stand as a leveling method, you are idiots: What are you leveling for if not for the leveling? There is no "end game". The low levels are challenging and you miss half the fun. Second, you will level much quicker if you help your team to win instead of making them weaker. Oh, I forgot, the point is not playing, the game starts at the "end game". What an absurd notion, but this is how it USED TO BE in the old system.

Those who do not like it are welcomed to sod off. I enjoy it. All hail chadz.

Then why aren't you playing native? Could it be you enjoy the leveling just as much as all these "no life" grinders? I'm sorry I don't like the standard of playing being a loop of every one retiring over and over again but it's no reason to be rude.

On your "skill" I find that the truly skilled players do well no matter their level (within reason ofc I'm not saying dexxta or olwen as a level 1 can go 10-0 a round) if a bad player grinded to level 40 and a good player reached level 30 well i would take dexxta over the level 40 scrub anyday.

Edit
Plus to get "skilled" at this game requires a grind in of itself, not playing for a while leads to some hard rust that takes a while to shake off. This games gameplay is so different and off the wall from any other i've played, it takes a pretty dedicated person to get the skill set to be able to manual block like half of these people.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:34:21 pm by Noble Crassius »
On it.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2011, 10:43:52 pm »
Plus to get "skilled" at this game requires a grind in of itself, not playing for a while leads to some hard rust that takes a while to shake off. This games gameplay is so different and off the wall from any other i've played, it takes a pretty dedicated person to get the skill set to be able to manual block like half of these people.

SO true.

I rarely play cRPG now, and whenever I try to fight, I can't do it like a few weeks/months ago,
as it needs a TON of practice to get back in motion again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2011, 11:17:49 pm »
i disagree with almost everybody

the current system is stable, there will be no full plate only guys running in a few weeks. upkeed + time based experience is geniuos - it forces people to play for the team and not just to camp the barn.

if i'd change anything, i'd like to see higher multipliers like x10 to encourage the winning even more. i'd like better autobalance that wouldn't split clanmembers unless really necessary, i'd like autobalance to swtich teams from defending to attacking side on all maps not only sieges, i'd like generation bonuses to be fixed (probably max exp gain to be 150% for gen5 and above and 200% for strategus characters). thats all.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Garrus

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Imperial Potato Peeler
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Vakarian, GK_Garrus, Puncinella, GK_DrZoidberg
  • IRC nick: Garrus
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2011, 11:46:56 pm »
Now I'm not saying I want the old cRPG back I just want some of it incorporated into this one. The only change I would make is bringing back the old retirement system (level 15, 1 week of play) w/o the WPF carry over as it seems the system itself wasn't flawed just that one aspect.
On it.

Offline Khalim

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2011, 11:53:47 pm »
i disagree with almost everybody

the current system is stable, there will be no full plate only guys running in a few weeks. upkeed + time based experience is geniuos - it forces people to play for the team and not just to camp the barn.

if i'd change anything, i'd like to see higher multipliers like x10 to encourage the winning even more. i'd like better autobalance that wouldn't split clanmembers unless really necessary, i'd like autobalance to swtich teams from defending to attacking side on all maps not only sieges, i'd like generation bonuses to be fixed (probably max exp gain to be 150% for gen5 and above and 200% for strategus characters). thats all.

Actually my complaint is about XP. I do not care about Gold.

How can you "encourage" a team to win? I would say that 95% of all rounds are luck based and you will probably not be able to change the tide.

Higher multipliers are nonsense because they increase the level of luck and is frustrating if you are not lucky.(loosing 10 times in round though having K:D 10:1)
They would probably not change anything at all. Maybe the average multiplyer is slightly increased as there are will be 6x or 7x randomly.

Teamplay is overestimated. CRPG should focus more on the individual aspect.(Especially more game modes would be great)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:08:04 am by Khalim »
" ME LONG WOOD PIECE WITH SHARP STONE AT PEAK.ME COME RIDE TO YOU ON BIG ANIMAL FAST."

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2011, 12:11:31 am »
i like garrus idea

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2011, 02:53:50 am »
I've been thinking about the problem of rewarding individual players. How about this: if you survive a round and your teams wins you get a personal bonus multiplier of 0.2. so you start at x1, you win and survive a round and you're at x2.2, survive and win another round x3.4. If you die but your team still wins you only lose your personal multiplier part so you'd be at x4. This way is gives incentive to do well and survive the round, but discourages hiding since you're team still has to win.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2011, 08:54:33 am »
Less grinding more playing!

I play this game for fun, individual skill and teamplay. I don't play for grind, heirloom and uber-build.

cRPG was never intended to be a grinding game. Eventualy, leveling doesn't mean endless grinding, you are not forced to grind to have fun and to level your char as you want.

This thread shows two different mind and two different view of games : casual view / no-lifer view.

If you find achievment only in grinding you should stop playing cRPG.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2011, 10:04:06 am »
Yeah if you dont have fun playing the game if you are not rewarded CRPG probably isnt your game.
I have fun when i get good kills with nice blocks or even chambers. I like the retirement system as its
a bonus ever 1-2 weeks.

The only thing i would change is to make base-XP 1500 heirloom-XP only 5% and a XP-CAP between
2000-3000 XP at x1.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2011, 10:24:03 am »
strange, I thought this thread was a general discussion about the current xp system. There is nothing even close to a suggestion in the original post.

Offline Khalim

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2011, 11:09:45 am »
strange, I thought this thread was a general discussion about the current xp system. There is nothing even close to a suggestion in the original post.

My post was moved by forum admin, ask him ;)
" ME LONG WOOD PIECE WITH SHARP STONE AT PEAK.ME COME RIDE TO YOU ON BIG ANIMAL FAST."

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2011, 11:45:30 am »
I have read all your posts and I agree with all. I am divided.

Before the patch, I tried and gave up c-RPG because it was too tough to advance my character. My under-equipped peasant could just get killed on and on by advanced characters. So frustrating.

Now I do like it as it is now but... somehow I miss the difficulty of the old system. I mean, by then I strived to reach level 6 and when I could press the Buy button to get me a leather vest, I was so happy. I felt the challenge and appreciated the reward.

Now I can afford the complete equipment list and only patience will bring me to level 31. I play with no goal. Weird to say but I would like to fight and sweat again to just to be able to buy me a leather vest and a decent weapon (yes, I like pain).

So, my suggestion would be to let the XP as it is now (falling every tick with multiplier) so new and/or unskilled players are not blocked in advancing their character. On the other hand, Gold should be earned per kill and assist (standing close from the action as pre-patch) so the game remains motivating.

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2011, 11:46:33 am »
From an addicts point of view:

Prepatch: LvL 44 - Kill 10 per round - team sucks - loose - no personal benfit from having skill+level.
After patch: LvL 30 - kill 7 per round - team sucks - loose - again any benefits.

It is a truth, pretty often personal skill is not rewarded since autobalance isnt working properly (often).

In worst case autobalance switches you to the loosing team which is about to get stomped 1:5, just coz u got decent k:d.

I d love to see a better working autobalance, a working banner balance and as the most important thing, a real preset reward for ppl who get good k:d, simply bcoz they do a good job for the team.

Current xp system can stay, it just needs some additions.

The simple fact of being better than average wears off after some 1000 hours / isnt there.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2011, 01:49:09 pm »
From an addicts point of view:

Prepatch: LvL 44 - Kill 10 per round - team sucks - loose - no personal benfit from having skill+level.
After patch: LvL 30 - kill 7 per round - team sucks - loose - again any benefits.

It is a truth, pretty often personal skill is not rewarded since autobalance isnt working properly (often).

In worst case autobalance switches you to the loosing team which is about to get stomped 1:5, just coz u got decent k:d.

I d love to see a better working autobalance, a working banner balance and as the most important thing, a real preset reward for ppl who get good k:d, simply bcoz they do a good job for the team.

Current xp system can stay, it just needs some additions.

The simple fact of being better than average wears off after some 1000 hours / isnt there.

absolutely not true.  i not care of your IMHO.  use mathematics  who is not opinable

old system lev 40 dyng for almost last of his  team =  get shitload of xp/gold    and his ability to kill and sourvive  got  rewarded (doesnt matter if   his team was winning or not, he was getting good xp/gold compared to his work on the field)

new system lev 35  with 160k of equip do 10 kill than die  10:1 k/d and his team lose,    he gonna pay 6k of upkeep  and get 1k exp exactly like the paesant afk on the spawn with a hatchet.

i not see a single wall or tactics since  this patch landed,    ppl now spawn, and rush enemy team.     nothing else
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:51:36 pm by Vicious666 »