Author Topic: Feedback: boring(XP-System)  (Read 4935 times)

Offline Bear

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Baron_Bear
Re: Feedback: boring(XP-System)
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2011, 01:55:52 pm »
cRPG is native just a bit upgraded it lost it´s soul without Strategus :( !

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2011, 03:56:20 pm »
i not see a single wall or tactics since  this patch landed,    ppl now spawn, and rush enemy team.     nothing else
So you consider the xp-barn and xp-tower a wall or a tactic? The only tacktic back then was a clusterfuck. It didn't matter if the battle was won or lost, only how many people died around you.

Offline Wallace

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WallaceBRD
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2011, 04:04:19 pm »
The system has pros and cons. For starters I like that I can go on solo missions and still get xp rather than before if I felt inclined to go around the back to hack and slash archers I would come out with 900 xp instead of 13000 (minus the gen bonus which didn't show in game) for joining the mob mentality.

Downside is all the gen 1 chars taking an eternity to get to 31 for a single heirloom when those of us who have been around a decent period of time can do that in a matter of days

I just retired and with the aid of my awesome-sauce clan in siege I was able to leech an x5 for a few maps off them and went 1-20 in roughly 2 hours

Of course like it has been said a thousand times over... all of that grinding really lands you nowhere when Strategus *Queue Holy Symphony* comes back up

Ultimately my plan is accumulate as many gens as possible before strategus so I can get to 35 when we start chopping each other up for land claims. At this rate (although chadz could be like LUDICROUS SPEED, GO! tommorrow) I'll be roughly gen 20 for strategus and 35 shouldnt be too rough to obtain
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2011, 04:06:13 pm »
cRPG was built for Strategus
No it isn't.

I agree that going to 31 takes a long time, but chadz wanted heirlooms to be special. It's just a shame that some weapons get a much bigger buff per loom than others.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Wallace

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WallaceBRD
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2011, 04:09:16 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2011, 05:00:37 pm »
absolutely not true.  i not care of your IMHO.  use mathematics  who is not opinable

old system lev 40 dyng for almost last of his  team =  get shitload of xp/gold    and his ability to kill and sourvive  got  rewarded (doesnt matter if   his team was winning or not, he was getting good xp/gold compared to his work on the field)

new system lev 35  with 160k of equip do 10 kill than die  10:1 k/d and his team lose,    he gonna pay 6k of upkeep  and get 1k exp exactly like the paesant afk on the spawn with a hatchet.

i not see a single wall or tactics since  this patch landed,    ppl now spawn, and rush enemy team.     nothing else

Not true? (You quote the whole post)

Well, getting 25% out of 100% wasnt a reward for me, specially not after a good round (though better than what you sometimes get now - anyways still a joke)

So much for prepatch maths.

But I totally see your point about the situation after the patch.
You are a good example of a punished player since you mostly always kill a lot, yet still dont get any reward (pre or after patch).

So what i want to point out was and is, a reward for good players was and still is needed.

P.S. I hate your loomed pick
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 05:15:42 pm by v/onMega »

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2011, 06:08:19 pm »
That XP system created leechers...
Sometimes only 5-10 player on a team of 50 fights and every player on that team gets  the same reward.That is just unfair.
I don't have any problems with levelling tho. I think it is good to have a choice at 31 to continue levelling or get an item heirloomed.And exp needed to level up is good.There could be rewards like +50 WPF each level you gain after 30 imo.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2011, 06:25:16 pm »
That XP system created leechers...
Sometimes only 5-10 player on a team of 50 fights and every player on that team gets  the same reward.That is just unfair.
I don't have any problems with levelling tho. I think it is good to have a choice at 31 to continue levelling or get an item heirloomed.And exp needed to level up is good.There could be rewards like +50 WPF each level you gain after 30 imo.

Generation 10 => +450 WPF => 36 - 3 Build with a lot of WPP => FAIL ;)