Author Topic: Feedback: boring(XP-System)  (Read 4933 times)

Offline Khalim

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« on: March 22, 2011, 06:47:02 pm »
Playing CRPG for many hours I just have to see that, the Mod has become incredible boring.

There is no motivation at all. It is not possible to gain anything in a reasonable amount of time(And I am a power gamer)

I speak of the Xp system, which ruins the game. I cant understand why people support this. It takes just much too long to get heirlooms.

As a player who started before the patch you are absolutly fu**d. You have to play, ehm, WAIT, for ~350 hours to have a maxed heirloomed weapon, while others could reach a high genreation with ease. That is too much, even for a player who spents severeal hours a day.

I know nobody cares, when I will delete my character, but I want to express my anger which the stupidness a cool mod can be destroyed with such a change.

I dont know how the mod was before the patch, but I cant imagine that it is now considerable better.

CRPG->Garbage Pin

as there is nothing which rewards skill, which is absolutly essential for a motivating game.

Edit.: Would somebody be so kind and tell me how I can delete my forum account? ;)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:38:43 am by Kalam »
" ME LONG WOOD PIECE WITH SHARP STONE AT PEAK.ME COME RIDE TO YOU ON BIG ANIMAL FAST."

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
Re: Feedback: boring(XP-System)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 06:59:47 pm »
In short whats your problem??? You cant get omfg heirlooms every 2 days???

Reward for Skill -> Kills

Reward for time -> Heirlooms

My reward for playing -> Fun (while getting better skills & heirlooms)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:02:24 pm by Camaris »

Offline Ledrion

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GROO / Gothic / Thunder Grunt
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 07:06:19 pm »
You don't have to be level 35 and max heirloomed weapons and armor to be a killing machine in this game. Actually around level 20 gen 1 you can dominate but only if you got skill. And that comes from playing the game and mostly having fun.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 07:09:07 pm »
Problem is, there isn't enough motivation to play. (at least for me folks)
I agree with the OP.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Khalim

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 07:11:02 pm »
what are you talking about?

Your arguments are just mickey-mouse like. I dont want to get level 35?!? I just want to have heirlooms, which take much too long to get.
Another problem is, that you are "caught" in one character class too long as you cannot switch without lossing bonus.
So I am better off playing Native with SP-Mods if I want RPG.

Cant you understand my thoughts? The game just takes too long to get something. take VARGAS calculator to see how many hundreds of hours(!) you will need to have a weapon fully heirloomed. This is just demotivating.(The time cannot be influenced by your own skill, which is much worse then the pure amount of time)

Also it is a mess, that the game favours player you do kamikazeleeching. Doing nothing and use ALT-TAB is the best method to advance in the mod, that should not be possible. It is a huge gamedesign fault.

Dont argue with me, I am absolutly convinced that this aspect(the XP-System) of this mod is PURE BULLSHIT. It is just one aspect, but it ruins the whole mod which would actually be nice.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:16:14 pm by Khalim »
" ME LONG WOOD PIECE WITH SHARP STONE AT PEAK.ME COME RIDE TO YOU ON BIG ANIMAL FAST."

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 07:17:31 pm »
The new level system is not bad apart of 30-31 which takes far too long but apart of that leveling pace is fine.

Imo bring back the 1 week cooldown on heirlooms and lessen how much it takes for 30 to 31.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:24:01 pm by Vexus »

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 07:32:14 pm »
i prefer old system thb

this system   premiate no one,    and expecial not  premiate skill.     

imho we need a hybrid between exp/gold for  kill, and     general xp/gold

also retirements should be slower not faster.

imho  gen 1-5 should be faster  (so ppl can feel the gap between new and old player faster)
5-10 and more give a bonus on upkeep (so ppl will retire more slowly, but   slowly (-10% xp for gen until max malus of dunno 500xp/min or 1000/min but gain more ability to upkeep equip)     even a 2% for gen. should be cool.   

whit that system a gen 20, get  like  450g  at   x5,   where a gen 1 get   350g,   DIFFERENCE IS NOT THAT BIG, but allow an older player to upkeep on average 15k more of equip         
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:38:08 pm by Vicious666 »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 07:35:39 pm »
i prefer old system thb

this system   premiate no one,    and expecial not  premiate skill.     

imho we need a hybrid between exp/gold for  kill, and     general xp/gold

+1

Reward personal skills as well, winning is not even satisfying now, really.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 07:38:40 pm »
i like the upkeep system atm and i do like the xp system (an no AFKing doesnt help as you dont get the x5)

The only problem i see is how hard it is to get to gen 5 etc in the first place. The first few generations shouldnt be as hard and the xp bonus at higher gens is just BS and needs adjustment. As for it being based on kills that just means when im fighting someone im going to have 4-6 team mates jump in with lolstabs or overheads trying to steal the key and then some dumb fuck sideswings and i either lose a ton of health or die.

rewarding personal skill would be very hard as K:D doesnt show skill when you can kill steal or play a support class and do a lot of damage and get fewer kills
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 07:41:03 pm »
An assist system would be veeery nice. Yes?

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 07:42:40 pm »
i like the upkeep system atm and i do like the xp system (an no AFKing doesnt help as you dont get the x5)

The only problem i see is how hard it is to get to gen 5 etc in the first place. The first few generations shouldnt be as hard and the xp bonus at higher gens is just BS and needs adjustment. As for it being based on kills that just means when im fighting someone im going to have 4-6 team mates jump in with lolstabs or overheads trying to steal the key and then some dumb fuck sideswings and i either lose a ton of health or die.

rewarding personal skill would be very hard as K:D doesnt show skill when you can kill steal or play a support class and do a lot of damage and get fewer kills

i play many times with 160k+ of equip  doing 40:5          my team lose  and i get punished even if i do a great job, yeah very cool system for reward   good player and  skill, if i win? your mister afk at spawn get  the 5x  that i   worked and risked a shitload of upkeep for
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:45:22 pm by Vicious666 »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 07:44:44 pm »
i play many times with 160k+ of equip  doing 40:5          my team lose

and i get punished even if i do a great job, yeah very cool system for reward   good player and  skill

This.
Round starts, my team almost dies. Me and my mate manages to defeat all the enemies. We win.
* Watches repair costs *

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 07:47:16 pm »
i think there should probably be some sort of compromise :P Do we really want the elite players to be running round in gear 5x better then everyone else? An assist counter would be nice
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 07:49:11 pm »
withouth consider that main point of an rpg, is  grow and develop a char, together with his equip
i started a friend to crpg 3 day ago he already buyed all plates, charger , etc. and he cant use it.

crpg losed  deepness with this xp/gold system. together with much willing of the player to develop theyr char (yes include aiming and dreaming  for a nice equip)

Chad say he wanna remove the grind and make  crpg more accessible to  new player, he got the opposite, he bored to hell the old player,   removing all theyr willing to grind, since there is nothing to accomplush,   and made also the grind     harder and longer , for the new players.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:51:57 pm by Vicious666 »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 07:50:34 pm »
To be fair, every complaint has to do with battle which is not the point of cRPG.

cRPG was built for Strategus, and I would like to point out that Strategus only cares about your level, and you do not get to use your mighty 7,000 heirlooms.

The reason why the game is encountering so many problems is because the whole point of cRPG is offline. When (be it one month or eight) Strategus comes back online no one will really care all that much for the Heirlooms, thought the XP will be a small problem until fixed due to the Gen Bonuses on leveling.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.