Poll

what should we concentrate on?

adding new gamemodes (Stronghold, CTF, Conquest, Commander Battle...)
690 (17.9%)
improving existing gamemodes (Battle, Siege, DTV, Rageball...)
340 (8.8%)
improving Strategus battles
314 (8.1%)
changing/improving reward (XP/gold) system
710 (18.4%)
changing/improving upkeep system
246 (6.4%)
working on item balance
289 (7.5%)
adding more depth to combat (new mechanics, stamina...)
761 (19.8%)
improving graphics (models, textures...)
270 (7%)
bug fixing/polishing (voice chat, interface...)
233 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 2279

Author Topic: cRPG Ingame Feature - what is it you want?  (Read 131397 times)

Offline wonka11

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: cRPG Ingame Feature - what is it you want?
« Reply #360 on: June 11, 2012, 02:47:48 am »
An assist counter, a damage counter, something, anything.

My main build is an Xbow sniper build and I can't tell you how many times I've shot 4-5 people in one round, didn't get the kill, and then some fresh low level peasant walks up and gets in a lucky stab with a pitch fork and gets credit for it.

We'll maybe not just a peasant but anyone really.

I know the counter to this "multis are enough of a justification!", but logically, if this was the case then there would be no use for a scoreboard in the first place. It doesn't make sense.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #361 on: June 11, 2012, 03:21:17 am »
New exp system, lower ticks but maybe give a small amount for the damage you delivered during one round? Also fancy new attacks for hoplites would be nice.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Svitjodvarg

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
  • Strategus Coordinator!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_DeGothia
  • IRC nick: Wolves_DeGothia
« Reply #362 on: June 11, 2012, 03:22:45 am »
People keep posting here...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
« Reply #363 on: June 11, 2012, 04:47:48 am »
Remove scores on scoreboard only have name and banners

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • There can be only one....Winner of each round.
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
  • Faction: The Highland Clan,KUTT
  • Game nicks: (Crpg)Sword_for_hire,MACLEOD_
« Reply #364 on: June 11, 2012, 04:51:03 am »
My last post here is for all the little people like me who poured their hearts out with good ideas just for the GM's to laugh and giggle in our ignorance.

For your troubles.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
« Reply #365 on: June 11, 2012, 05:03:19 am »
    :D                              EPIC IDEA BROUGHT TO YOU BY ME
Yeah a scrimmage server setup just like strat. You can setup who you want in it and each side's team leader makes the team. Strait battle mode,and scheduled battles via website.

Doesn't get more competitive then that.

Also with a XP system that is triple or quadruple the normal rate. Since it is a competition,and it has to be organized that is only fair. One map,one winner and a modest pot of denars for the winning team.
*Cough cough* Clan tournies for ladder spots *couch cough*

Offline akapraf

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 06, 2012, 08:27:08 pm »
+1
First of all, i hate polls.
My proposal is if someone poll someoane to be kicked or banned and the poll is not accepted  the guy who made the poll need to be automatic kicked from the server
Ps: sry for my english
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 10:00:41 am by akapraf »

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #367 on: July 07, 2012, 04:02:15 pm »
I hope you're adding round tables.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDZEtDARXMw
Pock gobblers

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #368 on: July 08, 2012, 12:41:34 pm »
+7
NO STAMINA!!! Please god NO STAMINA!!!

It's an atrocious game mechanic that is nearly impossible to make work in any way that isn't horribly cumbersome. Not to mention it's a nightmare to balance properly with different playstyles.

Besides that, the only possible reason I see for implementing it is to counter spam. However, spam is already very easy to counter simply by using decent footwork and timing.

Ok, that said, here's what I would like to see:

#1: Undo the turn speed nerf. It doesn't do anything positive. Pikes and longspears in the hands of decent players aren't really affected at all. New users of these weapons will have a harder time with them (and let's face it, most people who use these weapons are already pretty horrible with them). That said, my main concerns are the two directional weapons and overheads... They suck now. A lot.

#2: Improve strat. Make it so the "little man" isn't only useful for sitting around in a village vomiting out goods. Make strat itself interesting, not JUST the battles.

#3: Improve existing gamemodes. More specifically, we NEED better maps. Give some incentives for mapmaking, such as giving out loompoints if a mapmaker's map is put into rotation. And seriously, test maps thoroughly before accepting them. At least making sure they're reasonably balanced and that all spawns are in the correct locations. This can be done in 10 minutes using bots, yet recently I played a siege map where attackers and defenders spawned in the same areas, simultaneously. Naturally, there was much confusion, and attackers won.

Kind of tied to #3 but... improve the autobalancer if at all possible. I like banner balance. It's really fun to play with a bunch of clanmates on the same team, but frankly I feel a bit bad when KUTT is rolling siege (usually only afterwards mind you. :P). Don't get rid of banner balance, it's a really nice feature; just make it such that the autobalancer can figure out "hey, there's a lot of people using the same banner on, the other team might need a couple more people."

#4: Despite what I said above, I'm not opposed to new mechanics/new roles for players. I just hate stamina.

#5: Change the upkeep system. It just doesn't work, and it's cumbersome for new players.

#6: New items. Specifically, items that create new (teamwork based?) roles for players.

#7: Female voice command sounds.  :cry:

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 296
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Pantheon_Haze_The_Hobo Haze_Ze_PewPew
« Reply #369 on: July 08, 2012, 11:54:14 pm »
+2
I would like to see armor nerf undone.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 09, 2012, 02:56:47 pm »
(click to show/hide)
This, polishing existing features to a smooth, bug-free environment before adding new stuff, both game modes and new combat features also seems as the most reasonable approach to me.

When the time comes I'd like to see (more) improvements to hitboxes and animations (preferably at the same time without moving too far away from what we're used to from years of WB), 'running in tar' castle interiors fixed and assists which after the corpse soak was implemented is the main thing missing from battles. Also, more group bonuses similar to the shield wall feature as has been suggested before, like a bonus to ranged when firing en masse (which would also keep archers from spreading out to skirmish all the time which is a far cry from a Medieval battlefield), and also an improved engineer aspect/more battlefield construction options would be nice, and works well in other modules.

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
« Reply #371 on: July 09, 2012, 04:54:28 pm »
+3
please DO NOT add voicechat.

I already hate those respectless russians writing kyrillic... I dont need them to speak russian in voicechat. Oh and the french are bad, too. I know that from counterstrike:source. Also I dont wanna listen to little childrens rage-insults while playing. (No racism inteded. All based on experiences...)

People should use ts3/ventrilo/skype for voicechatting.

on the other hand: in strat-battles voicechat would be useful. But only teamchat and only in strat-battles. everything else would be too much.
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 09, 2012, 11:34:24 pm »
+3
Hello we are often and desperately looking for really groundbreaking ideas. I mean stuff that we haven't though of and would be a great addition to the game. That could be new gamemode ideas

TEAM DEATH MATCH

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 10, 2012, 06:07:17 pm »
+2
game needs a 3rd attribute so there is more to building a character than simply choosing between speed or damage.

I suggest 3rd attribute intelligence. intelligence skills:

Surgery: allows use of scalpel to remove projectiles imbedded in players which cause bleeding (minor health loss over time)
Bandaging: allows use of bandages on players to restore some hp lost in battle
Construction: allows use of engineer tools such as spade/hammer which are required for the deployment of siege shields/ladders etc. including stakes in the ground which impale incoming cavalry. and a ballista.
Ballistics: allows use of a ballista which can be constructed in battle. the ballista model is already made. the ballista would be expensive to build, imobile but very effective in certain battle scenarios and is basically a VERY powerful crossbow that can hit through shields and people. also effective vs other deployments.

The ability to play as a medic or engineer will greatly enhance new gamemodes such as conquest, where teamplay and defending key locations are vital to victory.

Offline Captain_Kirk

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Brony
  • Game nicks: Captain Kirkish
« Reply #374 on: July 10, 2012, 07:38:13 pm »
game needs a 3rd attribute so there is more to building a character than simply choosing between speed or damage.

I suggest 3rd attribute intelligence. intelligence skills:

Surgery: allows use of scalpel to remove projectiles imbedded in players which cause bleeding (minor health loss over time)
Bandaging: allows use of bandages on players to restore some hp lost in battle
Construction: allows use of engineer tools such as spade/hammer which are required for the deployment of siege shields/ladders etc. including stakes in the ground which impale incoming cavalry. and a ballista.
Ballistics: allows use of a ballista which can be constructed in battle. the ballista model is already made. the ballista would be expensive to build, imobile but very effective in certain battle scenarios and is basically a VERY powerful crossbow that can hit through shields and people. also effective vs other deployments.

The ability to play as a medic or engineer will greatly enhance new gamemodes such as conquest, where teamplay and defending key locations are vital to victory.

Intelligence should also increase your effectivness when deploying tactical dropkick move on the battlefield. Its kinda like tactical nuke only more awesomer