Poll

what should we concentrate on?

adding new gamemodes (Stronghold, CTF, Conquest, Commander Battle...)
690 (17.9%)
improving existing gamemodes (Battle, Siege, DTV, Rageball...)
340 (8.8%)
improving Strategus battles
314 (8.1%)
changing/improving reward (XP/gold) system
710 (18.4%)
changing/improving upkeep system
246 (6.4%)
working on item balance
289 (7.5%)
adding more depth to combat (new mechanics, stamina...)
761 (19.8%)
improving graphics (models, textures...)
270 (7%)
bug fixing/polishing (voice chat, interface...)
233 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 2279

Author Topic: cRPG Ingame Feature - what is it you want?  (Read 127468 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: cRPG Ingame Feature - what is it you want?
« Reply #300 on: June 03, 2012, 05:23:35 am »
What about a conquest mode like they had in the xbox game starwars battlefront/field?

Where each team gets 200 lives or so and try and capture certain points on the map. 25-50 per team and go crazy!

Warband already has Conquest mode in it.  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 03, 2012, 06:17:30 am »
i thinkcrpg is awesome...   I would like to see a system where seige maps actually have players that make and utilize seige eq

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #302 on: June 03, 2012, 06:51:01 am »
+3
1) hybrid xp-gold systembest of old and new mixed together.   also a shared kill experience, if we have return of   xp/hold for kills,      killers  should get   xp/gold based on how much dmg they did to the target, not only counting final blows

2) pvp, imho  a better level scaling will be a boost to more interestind and dedicate builds,  dunno maybe up to lev 38-38     instead 34-35 as now   (i am talking about reasonable  levels that ppl can accomplish in long term )

3)a classific, like old dark age of camelot,  or a duel system where   more duel you win more "rating" you get but for get more and more you need to duel and defeat player of similar rate or superior,         if you  very good you will have no gain to killing player who suck totally,  this will bring competition,  a  gain to duel,      you defeat a good player you get xp/gold,       and the top player of the month win a loom or whatever.   Classific also give titles such as sir, knights, baron, lord, etc etc

4) permanent strategus, persistent strategus, but no on the website,  IN GAME, with a larger map that  the normal one,  dunno if is possible, where   clans have permanent castles,  and fight for conquer all in the map, when one alliance or  faction win,  all get reset,  and member of that faction for a month have extra xp/gold gain.
Even multiple server that will simulate parts of the map.             but this will require a lot of work i dont know the limit of the engine or the netcode for something like that,  MASSIVE

5) bonus in game for killing streak, or  k/d ratio.  maybe at certain %                with fixed numbers,         3 kills in a raw+100 xp  5+200  10+ 500  etc etc.

6) Looting system,  yeah you heard me  LOOTING VICTIMS, even theyr armor, gauntlets etc    

7) armor durability/weapon,     chance to break even   armors, weapons, not becouse you not pay upkeep but becouse you use them,            you use repetedly your big fat axe vs a shield and a plate? sure you eat the shield but your axe also risk to be broken,          or when you parry with a  WOOD  WEAPON, you slowly consume it,     and need to be repaired or get broken in fight,  of course not broken 4 ever  you can always repair it, but broken for that round

8) new animations, like  dual sword,   shield attacks such as bashing that push down ppl,  special attacks,     for all weapons,   crouching

9)  new armor-weapons, i see a lot of good new weapons texture armors etc   in many new mods. maybe we can ask to use them.

10) bleeding/healing system, you get wounded? you can slowly  bleed to death, if is a mortal wound,      + relative healing skill for use bandages, that stop bleeding or even heal yourself  maybe

11) stamina system, not very invasive that make slow the game, but that matters overall avoiding stupid spammers jumpers etc

12)  arrow intercept : ability to block arrow incoming  with weapons maybe at low % like 20%

13)  Bet system,    you can bet on who will win a duel,  [/size]   a % go to the winner of the duel remainto winners of bet,   ,      example     dueller:  A  vs B,     -       2 guys bet 1k on A  3 guys bet 1k at B,         A wins,         A receive 500,           10% of total money  on the bet.
remain 4500 is divided between  the 3 guys that have bet on A,   so 4500/3 = 1500

14) weapon specialization,  yes you heard me,    specialization = new skill,       example  specialization in  1h swords,  more you use your weapon more your skill grow, and add a small wpf/speed/dmg bonus.       such as ultima online system of growing ,              you swing = you get xp = you get more proficiency in that weapons, that system can be expanded to anything also,  like shield proficiency, armor, riding etc etc
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:01:29 pm by Vicious666 »

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #303 on: June 03, 2012, 06:52:05 am »
hearing alot of hate for all these spammers in game(fur de stamina system). I understand.  But how about wound system so that when said spammer is hit he cannot spam as much and might consider blocking. WOuld add alot of much needed depth to this game. We all want that realism games of thrones feel ne ways?...

As for people pining for gold for kills that would kind of make every 1 wanna be more melee and less archer. God knows we got to give some love back to archers.

Perhaps gold for assists?"?
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #304 on: June 03, 2012, 03:19:30 pm »
+1
I mean you do get a number how much dmg your team made vs the enemy team at the end...
So why not replace the kills on the scoreboard with the dealt damage?

Offline Valknut

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Ask me ANYTHING , and I give you a potent answer.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordic Loremasters
  • Game nicks: Thorgal , Thorsson, Thursin, Valknut, Donnar
« Reply #305 on: June 03, 2012, 04:03:00 pm »
hearing alot of hate for all these spammers in game(fur de stamina system). I understand.  But how about wound system so that when said spammer is hit he cannot spam as much and might consider blocking. WOuld add alot of much needed depth to this game. We all want that realism games of thrones feel ne ways?...

As for people pining for gold for kills that would kind of make every 1 wanna be more melee and less archer. God knows we got to give some love back to archers.

Perhaps gold for assists?"?

I feel ya, I am usualy on the vanguard meaning im one of the first who dies but I deal some heavy damage first so my team mates can kill em off easier but get no credit or whatever for the assist.
Once upon the sea of a blissful awerness

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #306 on: June 03, 2012, 06:37:11 pm »
i thinkcrpg is awesome...   I would like to see a system where seige maps actually have players that make and utilize seige eq
Like this: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,31815.new.html#new ?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 03, 2012, 07:21:28 pm »
+1
1) Re-balance the game, create a mix of old and new cRPG but keep MMORPG factor
2) Try to incorporate c-rpg character page and strategus page into the warband engine
3) Fix bugs
4) Make a DLC out of it and sell it for 20$

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #308 on: June 04, 2012, 12:09:26 am »
+1
Whatever you do, just don't add stamina. I honestly think I would quit if that happened. Yeah people spam, but it's easily countered.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #309 on: June 04, 2012, 12:10:15 am »
skillbased projectile dodging

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 04, 2012, 05:20:07 am »
I think some models and/or textures could be improved before adding anything else, like the Sword of war, the Great sword, the samurai armours, and some other things. I'd do it myself if I knew...  :rolleyes:

Offline Wesley_Snipes

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 04, 2012, 07:56:00 am »
+2
I really liked the idea of xp+gold for damage done on an enemy rather than a killing blow like in the old crpg. If you could put damage done on the scoreboard and change the gold/xp system to be based on damage done/kills and assists of kills that would be awesome. I think in order to receive the gold and xp for the damage the enemy would have to die obviously. I know it's possible and we are all getting tired of the current xp/gold system right now aswell as the upkeep.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #312 on: June 04, 2012, 08:03:53 am »
^I agree. If damage-based xp&gold should occur, assist-based rewards should be included for weak support classes such as hoplites or HA that are useful for giving others free hits/kills whilst not doing too much damage themselves.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #313 on: June 04, 2012, 08:13:17 am »
+1
It was discussed in other thread, but as I would like to see new xp/gold system I don't want it to be based on kills/damage done by player. Keeping the multiplier as a base plus bonus for winning a round calculated on lvl/gear cost of opononent team, something like we have now in strategus. But that might not work for severs that are less populated or just have lower slot cap. Maybe, some other variant, I assume devs already have few scenarios that are under consideration, if they are really planning to change xp/gold system then we need be patient.
Current system that forces keeping a multi is frustrating  :|
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 08:32:25 am by Dalhi »

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #314 on: June 04, 2012, 11:50:39 am »
^I agree. If damage-based xp&gold should occur, assist-based rewards should be included for weak support classes such as hoplites or HA that are useful for giving others free hits/kills whilst not doing too much damage themselves.

Super small XP barn/bridge with damage assist + base tick system x1, x2, x3.
Assist = 75% of kill xp pay out
Assist = If damage is =>20% total hp of target. If possible factor in kicks/stuns.
Barn = 30% of kill xp pay out
kill pay out = 200xp (I really have NO IDEA...)
Gold pays out on tick system
Generation %buff effects all of it... except gold because that is just silly.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(