Poll

what should we concentrate on?

adding new gamemodes (Stronghold, CTF, Conquest, Commander Battle...)
690 (17.9%)
improving existing gamemodes (Battle, Siege, DTV, Rageball...)
340 (8.8%)
improving Strategus battles
314 (8.1%)
changing/improving reward (XP/gold) system
710 (18.4%)
changing/improving upkeep system
246 (6.4%)
working on item balance
289 (7.5%)
adding more depth to combat (new mechanics, stamina...)
761 (19.8%)
improving graphics (models, textures...)
270 (7%)
bug fixing/polishing (voice chat, interface...)
233 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 2279

Author Topic: cRPG Ingame Feature - what is it you want?  (Read 127230 times)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
Re: cRPG Ingame Feature - what is it you want?
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2012, 10:20:55 am »
Make a 3d model, add textures.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline HUtH

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2012, 11:55:02 am »
Battles aren't long enough to exhaust a trained soldiers, so stamina is un realistic at such small scales.

Except perhaps for sprinting.

Edit: Just did more scientific tests with my sword, 1h, swung it 12 times in a row then called it a quit, I could have went on and on, but you suggested 4-8 times before being tired.

Now keep in mind: 1) I am a lazy fuckhead in terrible physical shape and 2) Soldiers and Knights back then were trained and in good shape, as such they could swing their swords for far longer than me.
I didn't suggested that player should get tired after 4-8 swings, but to start getting tired faster after that spam if he continues to spam more. I agree that 4-8 attacks is too less, but mainly I suggest that considering spam attacking, I think guy with 2h could get tired a bit after let's say 10 swings one by one, and more swinging would tire him even more...
In the game generally everything going faster than in real life, so stamina should to.

And unfortunately there's no real sprinting in game, it could be nice to add to.

I don't want that players should carefully watch their stamina all the time, just when they go all berserk, they should get tired, and less useful for some time.

btw did you swing with your sword just like you want to kill some armoured guy? And while wearing your armor? :P
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 12:03:43 pm by HUtH »
Sorry
for
my
terrible
English

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2012, 12:09:27 pm »
undo some nerfs, restore 2h stab, native archery etc.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 12:19:31 pm by Cyber »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2012, 12:43:39 pm »
+2
I would like to see a change in the xp/gold system which will make the game more lighthearted instead of the hardcore 'must have multiplier!' mentality that is present right now. Thinking back to the old system that was more present. There was also more teamplay, perhaps too much of a need to stick to the pack though. Perhaps a combination of the two, area based xp and tick based xp would be good. I think the multiplier has to go though.

I would also gladly see the pseudo historical approach gone, that removed all the silly weapons or renamed the silly named ones. Give back the looney toons axe, sword of cookies/tears and boulder on a stick. Those names fit back then with the mentality in the mod, the mentality that we should strive to attain once again.

I would totally play the 2010 crpg with a 2 month hard reset aswell.

Offline bosco

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Steady...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2012, 12:45:44 pm »
+3
Multi on round win system is indeed the main reason why this mod is one of the angriest games I've ever played.  :wink:

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2012, 01:21:27 pm »
add  back gold for kills, do it like before by levels, i enjoyed being able to guess the range of the guy i killed, it used to be 1 gold every 5 levels i believe. so example
level 1-4=0 gold
level 5-9=10 gold
level 11-14=20 gold

and so on just a little bonus for doing something and i like knowing if i just stomped a guy my level or was being held off by a peasant, loved that back in the day.

"edit" would also give something in duel.  IDK bout exp, thats up to you
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 01:22:56 pm by tankmen »
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2012, 02:47:54 pm »
Good
-Stronghold was amazing. the best thing I've ever seen from the donkey crew. I'd never stop playing if it was brought back and tweaked a bit.

-A model bug for the tribal warrior outfit, and the fact throwing weapons changing LOD as they move away from the thrower causes some of them to appear to turn sideways in midair. Along with general model and texture improvements, fixing these issues would go a long way to improving the cRPG experience for myself and many others.

Bad
A stamina system is a bad idea in my humble opinion. Anything which might screw up the main attraction of this game (melee combat) is a bad idea without being exhaustively tested.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2012, 03:28:31 pm »
+1
Bad
A stamina system is a bad idea in my humble opinion. Anything which might screw up the main attraction of this game (melee combat) is a bad idea without being exhaustively tested.

That is the equivalent of opposing the construction of new nuclear plants then whining when we have to keep the old ones operating.

Of course a stamina system should be extensively tested, but that doesn't mean the idea has to be abandoned.

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2012, 03:37:51 pm »
That is the equivalent of opposing the construction of new nuclear plants then whining when we have to keep the old ones operating.

No, it isn't. It's like saying we should test the new ones to make sure they don't blow up before abandoning the old ones.

Of course a stamina system should be extensively tested, but that doesn't mean the idea has to be abandoned.

Never said it should be abandoned. Just that it needs to be tested and made to work properly before coming anywhere near the official servers.

Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2012, 03:46:09 pm »
No, it isn't. It's like saying we should test the new ones to make sure they don't blow up before abandoning the old ones.

Never said it should be abandoned. Just that it needs to be tested and made to work properly before coming anywhere near the official servers.

The only way to test such a feature beyond the most basic "it works" is to see the effects in the actual situation. Just like the cRPG team did for every single gameplay change.

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2012, 03:48:02 pm »
In my opinion, adding stamina system= bad. Whilst going back to something similar to the old gold and exp gain per kill= Fantastic.

Thanks, keep up the good work devs ^^
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2012, 03:50:06 pm »
The only way to test such a feature beyond the most basic "it works" is to see the effects in the actual situation. Just like the cRPG team did for every single gameplay change.

That is not the only way. Host a server with the changes in effect, get 10-20 of the best players to test it for half a day and see what their feedback is. Not hard.
Thats what I'm saying, testing on the official servers only leads to players who couldn't even manual block anyway trying to give feedback on a feature they don't understand.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Xav13

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2012, 03:59:02 pm »
Hello,

Voted for more depth.

Ideas that need to be combined :

1) We should not see so many mail/plate soldiers. In real life, there were very few knights. -> Increase upkeep cost so that mail/plate soldiers are 1/6 to 1/5 of the battle.
2) In real life, a katana would not even pierce a mail (not to say a plate). -> Decrease cut damage on plate
3) Introduce stamina so that plated knights are very powerful but can't move that much.
4) Introduce a variable stats for each player according to their k/d ratio. This variable would affect positively good players (this needs brainstorming, maybe reduce weight impact)

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2012, 04:03:34 pm »
Voted for more balance and depth.

For the previous post, k:d is just an e-peen increaser, things should not be decided on it.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline Xav13

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2012, 04:05:42 pm »
Voted for more balance and depth.

For the previous post, k:d is just an e-peen increaser, things should not be decided on it.

hehe, you're right but m&b is an epic game, so we need to see epic fights.

Don't you like when you see for instance Phyrex or GTX cutting in pieces 10 others players? We should encourage such actions.