Poll

what should we concentrate on?

adding new gamemodes (Stronghold, CTF, Conquest, Commander Battle...)
690 (17.9%)
improving existing gamemodes (Battle, Siege, DTV, Rageball...)
340 (8.8%)
improving Strategus battles
314 (8.1%)
changing/improving reward (XP/gold) system
710 (18.4%)
changing/improving upkeep system
246 (6.4%)
working on item balance
289 (7.5%)
adding more depth to combat (new mechanics, stamina...)
761 (19.8%)
improving graphics (models, textures...)
270 (7%)
bug fixing/polishing (voice chat, interface...)
233 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 2279

Author Topic: cRPG Ingame Feature - what is it you want?  (Read 127226 times)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
Re: cRPG Ingame Feature - what is it you want?
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2012, 01:23:23 am »
You know what,I was never actually gonna to apply for admin rights,but after watching your post I may do after all  :wink:

'sides, you'd get admin on EU, and I play on NA, wouldn't affect me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline HUtH

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2012, 02:08:05 am »
First of all - please add landsknecht jerkins, hats and katzbalger that I proposed and sent to Shik :)

Make "become master of the field" in battle much much earlier or do something different to add more depth to this mode... some kind of old capture the flag(sabotage) or smth.

Also add STAMINA... smth like that:

Point amount of stamina(let's say default amount would be 100) depends on:
- balance between str and agi - high str and low agi and vice versa decrease amount of stamina points. imho 18/18 would have the most stamina (it is realistic - strongmen cannot fight very long, because of lack of enough oxygen for muscles, and some super agile guy couldn't fight long, because of lack of strength needed to swing etc. Also it does not favor certain type of build)
- every IF and Athl point would increase stamina amount by some percent (the same as above - it does not favor certain build, but makes these skills more useful, especially IF)
- weight of armor decreases stamina amount(the heaviest armors dramatically, the light and medium not much), but str greatly reduces penalty of heavier armors

Every action that require some fatigue, would have some certain value of fatigue points that decrease stamina, depends on:
- weight of the weapon and shield - the heavier the arms, the more fatigue points
- the "stronger" bow and crossbow, the more fatigue is needed while loading and holding it(bow)
- not sure about it: the item stat requirement - the more stat points above the req. threshold the less fatigue is needed
- the more points in PS, PD, PT, WPF(while using proper weapon to stats) and WM(in general), the less fatigue is needed
- not very important: weight of gauntlets affect fatigue a bit
- important: after a quick drop of stamina because of ~4-8 ~8-12 attacks without a longer brake - every next attack after that spam should cost considerably more stamina. Also recovering stamina should last longer for some time - maybe it should also work after very long holding of weapon/bow/throwing w. - but with less recovery penalty.

And the actions and stamina cost:
- overhead swings with 2h and poles(without not long spears etc.) should take the most stamina, next would be side swings, stabs the least...
- same with 1h and spears - they should take maybe even half less stamina than 2h (but left 1h swing should cost more stamina :P)
- throw a weapon should cost like a 2h overhead swing or maybe more
- every block with weapon should cost a bit of stamina, every block with shield should cost a bit more
- holding shield up costs a small amount of stamina per some time frame
- loading a bow and xbow costs stamina(xbow more) - holding bow loaded should cost very much with geometrically cost increase
- holding weapon ready to strike or throw longer then 1 sec costs stamina, and the cost should go geometrically per time
- also all actions made in round should slowly decrease the player's max stamina, so at the end of round it'd be harder.

And recovery of stamina:
- the lighter the armor, the faster stamina gets to normal
- the same with weapon/shield weight
- stamina recovery starts after some time (few seconds lets say), and very slowly at the beginning (also spam attacking and long hold is punished as very tiresome, as stated earlier)
- riding a horse should slow down recovery a little bit
- not sure: closed, heavy helmets should slow down recovery

Finally - when stamina ends...:
- after reaching half of stamina points, attacks become less damaging and slower, and the less stamina, the weaker are the attacks/longer reload/slower throw speed and longer stun after blocking.
- when reaching 0 stamina, attacks are very very slow and weak that anyone with just 10 armour won't feel anything(well, it'd depends of weapon dmg...), but blocking/chambering is still possible(but difficult)
- after some time with 0 stamina(time depends on str/agi balance), player falls down and because iirc laying on the ground is not possible in game, the player just falls down few times more until stamina becomes to recover.

- and nothing more comes to my mind now...

Generally my intention is to made a stamina system that would be enough "realistic" for realism whores like me, but very playable. Also it would add much more depth to the game and make room for more balance, like light builds would be in some aspect much more useful, shielders permablock would cost them a bit, ultimate long and heavy 2h masters would have a bit harder life etc.
Also I want the system to make a game like this: two groups start fighting each other, but those in first line can't be there forever and just chop everyone or block everything for eternity, so they have to go back and make place for the second line or even retreat and regroup, leaving some, then strike back less fatigued at tired enemy. So Stamina system will add new tactic possibilities too.
The same with duels - they wouldn't last so long as now, because players(especially 2h-ers) will get tired and quickly the duel ends. And no spam attacks! :P

Even half of this system would be great in game :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 12:04:40 pm by HUtH »
Sorry
for
my
terrible
English

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2012, 02:21:03 am »
+6
imo, stamina would ruin the game, the combat wouldnt be nearly as fluid, cRPG has lowered the combat speed alot already compared to native. However, other features like being able to brace pikes, shield bash, crouch etc would be amazing, as well as other game modes like commander battle and a conquest type mode
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2012, 02:45:38 am »
Simple Deathmatch would be lovely.

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2012, 04:08:49 am »
Adding more depth to combat. I play primarily because this game has an awesome combat system. Adding and improving the combat system is what I would like to see.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2012, 04:16:24 am »
-snip-

Battles aren't long enough to exhaust a trained soldiers, so stamina is un realistic at such small scales.

Except perhaps for sprinting.

Edit: Just did more scientific tests with my sword, 1h, swung it 12 times in a row then called it a quit, I could have went on and on, but you suggested 4-8 times before being tired.

Now keep in mind: 1) I am a lazy fuckhead in terrible physical shape and 2) Soldiers and Knights back then were trained and in good shape, as such they could swing their swords for far longer than me.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 04:20:15 am by Bobthehero »

Offline SoA_Sir_ODHarry

• Baron
  • Renown: 134
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ODharry
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2012, 04:27:38 am »
voted for new gamemodes and improved Rewardsystem since we just got 2 votes^^

A Gamemode like Conquest and what Thomek suggested would be defo awesome also bringing in the engineer equipment and some new stuff like deployabel Anti Cav Pikewalls and Boardshields would improve crpg further. 
coming along with new Gamemode/s an improved Reward System ,which mix the old and the current, too finally end the Grind for the GODAM x5(is a bitch) ,would be very nice.
Also supporting Communtity Events(Tournaments,Olympics,something like the legendary Guildwars,Player/Clan Ladders would be awesome.
I suggest too make Panos too the Offical EventAdmin :mrgreen:

for sure Game Balance still needs too be fixed but for real WHEN EVA IT WILL NOT NEED TOO BE FIXED?
So i think new Gamemodes and stuff would be the best too improve cRPG atm.
And whenever some nice new Gear is suggested too be added Why not just add it?

Offtopic:
So many complain about that the Maps should be fixed?
Every1 who is abel and willings too do it can fix them himself i thought?
aint we got a alot of Mappers(or peeps who wanna learn it) in the community?
Remember when they asked for peeps who want too help fixing the Strat Maps?
why not doin the same for the Maps of the Rotation?(and maybe also other things)

greetz OD

Crob: i'm in duel tryin to not be shit
Crob: now i'm running round eu2 with a dagger

JOIN The Horde NAO
       http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F-POC

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2012, 04:51:20 am »
Battles aren't long enough to exhaust a trained soldiers, so stamina is un realistic at such small scales.

Except perhaps for sprinting.

Edit: Just did more scientific tests with my sword, 1h, swung it 12 times in a row then called it a quit, I could have went on and on, but you suggested 4-8 times before being tired.

Now keep in mind: 1) I am a lazy fuckhead in terrible physical shape and 2) Soldiers and Knights back then were trained and in good shape, as such they could swing their swords for far longer than me.

Yeah I think it would make more sense for heavy weapons like mauls, poleaxes, etc. Sprinting would really be where stamina or something akin to it would be necessary.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2012, 05:36:12 am »

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2012, 06:01:34 am »
+1
I would like some realism in regards to not getting stabbed if one face-hugs a pike-man. All I really ask for. Thanks.

Offline Imapanda

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2012, 06:33:44 am »
+1
Adding stamina would just lower the CRPG population further...

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2012, 08:32:15 am »
+2

See Bjarky ? I was right, this has nothing to do with Strategos, its the core game-play (Warband part). Strat is either already polished (infested with more Poles who donated money) or completely given up on. You shouldn't have mentioned it, now people are spamming the thread with it.  :wink:
lol, people would write what they mean about it anyway ^^
but apart from that, i see strat being interconnected, when i say strat, i'm not talking about the webpage only, but the battles too, i just didn't have time to write moar since i was on the go.
Some people (nebun, imapanda fx) already said some things about the battles, gonna just include them here also:

-catapults do work, but the walls still need work with the hitboxes and animations when they are destroyed.
-add moar siege stuff, fx ballista, throwing bombs (we already have them, they are just disabled), oilpots for the walls would be great too.
-make it simpler to steer siege equip, one could make the movement easyer, fx that u lock in with F for some secs and then u can steer&drive it with your movement keys, could be interesting.
-fix ingame bugs, horses sometimes spawn in the middle of the maps, instead of at spawn.
-mounted horses at the end of battle count as being dead, instead of being retrieved into the stash.
-the very annoying naked spawn issue!
-the so called shield wall bonus, i still miss to see what it actually improves, its sure not the shieldreach area, people can easely be shot throu a shieldwall.

well, thats it for now, i'm sure there is more that could be done, feel free to add  :D

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2012, 09:36:53 am »
+1
What is the point including Strat Battles in the list of things to work on when the system that brings those battles about is currently so unbalanced?

The biggest problem with Strat Battles is often the fact that they are usually a forgone conclusion.  Tactics only play a very small role because all the big battles take place in preset villages where the defenders only really have 1 or 2 options as to how to defend the fief and the attackers only really have 1 or 2 options for attacking the fief.   The only significant way to currently expand your options is through siege equipment but only DRZ/Greys have been rich enough to consistently use siege equipment in all their battles.

So unless you are planning on adding free stuff to Strat Battles that everybody can use, then there is no point adding anything without re-balancing Strat as only the rich clans will get to use these options making Strat Battles even more of a foregone conclusion
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:38:00 am by Tomas »

Offline JennaHaze

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 2Bach
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2012, 09:56:18 am »
Disable upkeep! People hate this.

Offline Doppel

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2012, 10:12:00 am »
some new helmets from the late middel ages would be really nice   :)

this for example

http://larpwiki.de/uploads/JW_eisenhut.jpg