Author Topic: Nditions C-RPG Nations Cup!  (Read 21193 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Nditions C-RPG Nations Cup!
« Reply #135 on: May 18, 2012, 02:44:51 am »
+3
So please let the skills talk, not level 35 uber builds. If you want to make competitive organization no one should have advantage except their personal skills.
There are people with 100 ping and there are people with 8, there are people with 100 euro gaming mouses and people with 5 euro mouses, there are people with 50 euro mousepads and people that use their table. How is all of that fair? cRPG is all about using your character to the fullest. The ability to grind is a personal skill aswell.

'Fairness' and 'skill' are both very relative concepts. If you think connection and input differences are acceptable and a handful more skillpoints which you gained through your own effort aren't then you don't really understand these concepts.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2012, 02:46:55 am »
No, I'm not new to cRPG. I just don't see what the point is to have a tourney that doesn't promote equality but promotes grinding the play to have better gear. It's about as big as a joke the competitive scene is in WoW.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2012, 06:15:51 am »
Maybe we should exclude MWs & high level chars? Too make this NC more skill-dependent. (STF & 40-50k for equipment).
& there will be no point to restrict my old friendchers cause without looms they are not so deadly.
On the over side: 35lvl char with full mw set just have additional 5 attribute & skill points & little boost in dmg & armor.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2012, 08:19:10 am »
YUGOSLAVIA will win

(click to show/hide)

Nice, love it

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2012, 08:58:15 am »
No, I'm not new to cRPG. I just don't see what the point is to have a tourney that doesn't promote equality but promotes grinding the play to have better gear. It's about as big as a joke the competitive scene is in WoW.

As I prefer to duel in Native (I don't play Native for a year so I don't duel at all  :mrgreen:) becouse of several reasons but if you are a crap you will not magicly became undefeated becouse you have loomed sword and/or high lvl character. For eample winners of last Fallen Tournament Grey Order had half of the team without single loom or just with a weapon wich at this stage of cRPG is nothing special as almost every clan member has over gen 1 character (generally talking, it's not necessarily true for everyone so please don't argue about that  :P). Why they won? Becouese they are fucking good at this game, some of them participated and won NC 2011 in Native.
Better gear does make a difference (especially for ranged classes) as it gives you some extra damage and survivability but if you know how to kill you will do that anyway. Of course some limitations to gear (mostly talking about the upper limit to armor weight) are needed. But after all playing on this module with STF characters using battlegroups for this kind of tournaments would be just... pointless.
For "competetive" gaming Native is much better, as ex-Native player I know something about that.
The point is that we have here quite big community that would profit from having from time to time oportunity to test themself and their friends in some sort of clan battles against others, becouse simply random battles are not for this. Strategus doesn't suit for this matter as well.
That is why I fully support this idea and we all should be thankfull for future organisators for coming up with this and hopefully future tournaments for clans and maybe individuals.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 08:59:37 am by Dalhi »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2012, 09:02:58 am »
+1
TBH i expected STF's by default. What Salvador Dali said is pretty much correct but things like ping & hardware cannot be influenced so why not reducing imbalance factors down to a minimum instead of just giving up and saying "Life is unfair so screw it" ? You cannot buy someone a new mouse or cut down his ping but you can give him an equal start in terms of character build & equipment (well there should be XY amount cash and you spend it how you like i guess). As close to balance as you can get is still better then completely imbalanced, in my books at least. Yes, this is cRPG but you cannot say that it's fair to have level 33-35's fighting vs level 28-30's especially if half of the people just don't have their builds suitable for this kind of competition. Too many imbalance factors here to talk about skill, in real life whatever sport we're talking about field conditions are the same for both teams. Their input is not the same (not all players are the same height, weight, age, level of training, etc) but in the field conditions must be equal for all. Same with in-game: input factors might be different (ping, hardware, etc) but field stuff must be the same (balanced map, equal builds (with equal amount of skill & attribute points that is), gear costs (maybe not so important but still), etc). That's the way i see it, maybe I'm wrong tho.

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Elmuri

• Marshall
  • Renown: 817
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elmuri and co
« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2012, 09:42:11 am »
No luv for me :/
Please note etc  :wink: That didnt mean that the rest are crap, but that theres lots of other good players
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:43:16 am by elmuri »

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2012, 10:03:38 am »
Well, yeah I do agree that difference in skill/attribute points disstribution given from higher level and loomed gear is imbalancing factor but my point is that I would expect promoting teamplay from this kind of tournaments more then enlarging e-pen. It's up to organisators what they will decide about it, I am here share my point of view.
If one would want to play on some kind of competetive level then Native is designed to this matter, if you want to have fun playing with your friends and enjoy your build/gear you can do it here. Even with STF characters it will never be balnced around skill attribute distrubution wich matters even more then gear, of course pool of overall skills will be the same but still far from being balanced unless you will put strict limitations to how avarage build for each class should look like, but then it would be easier to run server in Native and play there.
If you don't want looms then: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,24621.0.html, it might be perfect oportunity to test it out.
Striving for perfect balance sounds like utopia for me. Of course making it fair for everyone would cut lots of whining and excuses but I wouldn't mind playing it as it is now: with you gear and build. My voice probably doesn't matte much as I will never participate in any of further tournaments, but would be nice to leave some cRPG in this.

PS On a second thought I do believe that cRPG is better balanced class vise then Native is. So if you really would want to make it as equal as possible using some kind of character pre-sets (ready avaiable with STF option builds for each class with some special tag that would make them easy to distinguish from other characters) that might work. Of course it would require some work from dev team to make it possible.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 11:35:48 am by Dalhi »

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2012, 11:27:58 am »
Wow, there are more UK players than I thought.

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2012, 11:34:55 am »
There are people with 100 ping and there are people with 8, there are people with 100 euro gaming mouses and people with 5 euro mouses, there are people with 50 euro mousepads and people that use their table. How is all of that fair? cRPG is all about using your character to the fullest. The ability to grind is a personal skill aswell.

'Fairness' and 'skill' are both very relative concepts. If you think connection and input differences are acceptable and a handful more skillpoints which you gained through your own effort aren't then you don't really understand these concepts.

I use my table  :mrgreen:

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2012, 12:03:12 pm »
+2
I would still like to commend the organizers for the initiative, we probably would never have a Nations Cup if not for them so let's not be petty. You may find my post ironic considering what I wrote previously but I was trolling, that's all(seriously, I basically said everyone was afraid a Scandinavian team would win without any opposition and called Ujin a conspirator :lol:).

So please, shut the fuck up if you don't like the idea, nobody's forcing you to enter. Regardless of equality, the cup is about to have fun. Sure, if one country(Russia) decides to be a min-maxing jerk while the other countries take advantage of the vast variety of items to customize their look in a way that represents their country(because that would be more epic, and way more fun). For example, Scandis would obviously go with viking theme(even though it has been ruined by kuyaks and what not), Turks would go shishkebab knights and the French will get low armour(so they can run away faster).

So thanks, Lactose and Exxc and everyone else involved in organizing. Best of luck and LOOKING FORWARD TO BEATING EACH OF YOUR CUNTRIES.
Also sorry Exxc for trying to annoy you, I just felt like it.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2012, 12:22:43 pm »
Maybe put a poll up in this thread, for and against stf chars being used and decide it that way.
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #147 on: May 18, 2012, 12:49:26 pm »
+2
It wouldn´t feel like a CRPG tournament , if you cant use your own character ,looms , level etc .

Offline MrExxc

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Don't pronounce it "EKsKsSee", just "X"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Exxc, Poussiere_Supreme
  • IRC nick: Exxc
« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2012, 01:10:48 pm »
+1
It wouldn´t feel like a CRPG tournament , if you cant use your own character ,looms , level etc .

Well I feel the same way.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #149 on: May 18, 2012, 01:14:18 pm »
stfs!