Author Topic: Nditions C-RPG Nations Cup!  (Read 21210 times)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
Re: Nditions C-RPG Nations Cup!
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2012, 08:57:41 pm »
Yes, there are enough Scandinavian players for each Scandinavian team, but I think it's up to us to decide if we want a Pan-Scandinavian team. If Benelux is allowed to(as I'm positive Holland has enough players too), then we should be no exception to that courtesy.

No offence, but what you think of the skill-level of such a formation is irrelevant. You can't deny a country's entrance because you think all the odds favour them(if this was the reason for your opposition, Exxc). We understand each other easily, communication is no problem.

Anyway, I'll probably have my desktop back at the end of this month. My grades are fixed, so it's all good. I hope you have planned the tournament for summer break, I imagine most players are available then.

@Phyrex: I AM HERE, MY LOVE.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2012, 09:02:59 pm »
Yes, there are enough Scandinavian players for each Scandinavian team

This:

We in the Netherlands MAY be able to make up a small team. But Belgium and Luxemburg (Why do we include this shit anyway, nobody in here comes from Luxemburg anyway) sure as hell wont.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 09:05:20 pm by Thovex »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrExxc

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Don't pronounce it "EKsKsSee", just "X"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Exxc, Poussiere_Supreme
  • IRC nick: Exxc
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2012, 09:09:42 pm »
No one ever said Bene(lux) was a thing, it was a thought, if enough players show up, there is no reason to group teams, as you said, Holland probably has enough players and they might not accept Belgian members, no one is going to force them.

Anyways, rules are not set yet, don't go crazy, alot has to be discussed yet. Forums and groups will be set up soon(ish) so we can start setting up teams.

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2012, 09:11:52 pm »
panos its wirtten crpg in the title. recruting native mercs for this isnt  what we want

who said about mercs??

I know some decent Greeks play Native like saint and I made a thread at tales forums asking from native player Greeks to come and help  :wink:
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2012, 09:14:53 pm »
Would I be allowed into Scandinavian team? I come from a place high up in the North and it is part of Scandinavian Mountains but yes it is on Finland side :(.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2012, 09:32:44 pm »
I bet there's too many good brits for me to try for the UK team  :cry:

Looking forward to the streaming though.  :mrgreen:
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2012, 09:51:16 pm »
Nobody's going crazy, Exxc. :)
I was stating legit concerns, I think that's a bit far from going crazy. Maybe you should calm down with the accusations.

Anyway, quoting the other thread:
It wouldn't be fair to the other Scandinavian countries if they have to form teams with average players just because they don't have enough competetive players(sadly). We have enough players I'm sure but one thing I know for certain is that a Scandinavian team lets the good players from all countries form an able team with competent players. If Norway has to settle with players who aren't as competetive because there is not enough players for a team, they will most likely lose the mood to compete seriously(just my projection, I know I'd feel shitty about having to play with anyone not mentioned in that list(except for Ragni, I would not mind his absence at all)). No offense to Scandinavian players not mentioned, I probably just don't know you.

Since the tournament is supposed to be consisted of the best players from each country, it would only make sense if Scandinavia was one team. Norway and Denmark most likely doesn't have the option to form a team of only their best players, so naturally they should be merged with Sweden. It's up to us regardless. If we want to form a team there are no reasons that speak against it. But yes, you are right about one thing. Nobody knows how many players per team there are going to be.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2012, 10:00:00 pm »
I bet the other scandinavian countries could fill the team for their own country, they just need to make the call louder.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2012, 10:05:50 pm »
Nobody's going crazy, Exxc. :)
I was stating legit concerns, I think that's a bit far from going crazy. Maybe you should calm down with the accusations.

Anyway, quoting the other thread:
Since the tournament is supposed to be consisted of the best players from each country, it would only make sense if Scandinavia was one team. Norway and Denmark most likely doesn't have the option to form a team of only their best players, so naturally they should be merged with Sweden. It's up to us regardless. If we want to form a team there are no reasons that speak against it. But yes, you are right about one thing. Nobody knows how many players per team there are going to be.
You fail to grasp the concept of competitive sports/ tournaments and such. Using your logic, norwegians and danes should hook up with the swedes , cause the first two suck at hockey for example.

If all the different scandinavian countries will be able to form their own teams , there will be no need for a united Scandinavian team. Skill has nothing to do with this.

P.S. and no ,it's not exactly up to you.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:06:59 pm by Ujin »

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2012, 10:06:09 pm »
Neither are benelux and the balkans.

But Croatia is ;)
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2012, 10:07:12 pm »
+2
Team Sweden will never win because for some reason every Swede is an egotripping douchebag. They will all try to stay out of the fight so they can be the hero of the match and in the end they all die seperately. True story!

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2012, 10:10:00 pm »
Dude, native players hate cRPG, and the opposite, what you say is irrelevant.

Shemaforash is a very good Native player (I played by his side in the clan Sarrdakin :)), and he seems to play cRPG now. So why the hate?

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2012, 10:12:12 pm »
+3
Since the tournament is supposed to be consisted of the best players from each country, it would only make sense if Scandinavia was one team.

Why ? This is not real life, the most important thing here is to participate, why only "best" players ? And who is to determine who the "best" players are ? If Denmark can field a squad of Danes on their own then they should be allowed to participate as Denmark no matter the names of the players, as long as they're all Danes, same goes for any other country. If they CAN field a squad and if they WANT to field it then they should be allowed to do so. Danes didn't even qualify for Euro 92 in football and we know how it ended up so please someone enlighten me with a description of "best" players here.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline MrExxc

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Don't pronounce it "EKsKsSee", just "X"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Exxc, Poussiere_Supreme
  • IRC nick: Exxc
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2012, 10:18:18 pm »
Amen to Gnjus.

Offline Burr1ck

• Earl
  • Renown: 314
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • The Mercenaries are on Twitch.tv. Check the topic!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Burrick, Stimpy
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2012, 10:21:28 pm »
About streaming, there's a casting channel 'Warband Battlestream' on Twitch tv which streams competitive Mount & Blade: Warband matches e.g. http://www.twitch.tv/warband_battlestream/b/318087058 . Maybe it would good if the tournament adviser asks the streamers of Warband Battlestream to cast the Nditions cRPG Nations Cup? In the recordings from the channel, notice from spectator's point of view shows the team colored player names and health bars float above the character models, which is pretty darn neat and handy in distinguishing the difference between two teams, I reckon that it would be great to incorporate that into cRPG as an option (on/ off).

I'm up for team UK as long as the tournament is held during Summer.

"Art thou the hammer, or art thou the nail? From the view of the beam, 'tis all the same. But for the nail, 'tis very different."
- Hammerite

The Mercenaries's YouTube channel