Author Topic: [UNBAN] Vasilio - banned randomly without a reason?  (Read 637 times)

Offline Vasilio

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
[UNBAN] Vasilio - banned randomly without a reason?
« on: May 16, 2012, 02:35:46 pm »
Hello I have been banned from all the EU servers with no explanation given.

Yesterday I was playing on one of the servers and just shooting people with my crossbow when suddenly I was kicked and banned from every EU server for no reason. I don't understand why, I wasn't cheating and no one I was breaking any rules or doing something wrong and I was just banned. This is kind of frustrating especially when I have no idea what on earth I did.

Thanks.

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
Re: [UNBAN] Vasilio - banned randomly without a reason?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 03:32:52 pm »
Hello I have been banned from all the EU servers with no explanation given.

Yesterday I was playing on one of the servers and just shooting people with my crossbow when suddenly I was kicked and banned from every EU server for no reason. I don't understand why, I wasn't cheating and no one I was breaking any rules or doing something wrong and I was just banned. This is kind of frustrating especially when I have no idea what on earth I did.

Thanks.

I told you plenty times that you were exploiting a map bug,you didnt listen to me and you killed me also,I`m gonna upload the screens I have later and I`m gonna ask for an extension.
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline Vasilio

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 03:44:00 pm »
but I spawned in the area, and I don't recall anyone telling me to get out though I wasn't really focusing on chat

at first I thought I had a connection loss or something as people kept running backwards and forwards

though if you feel like extending a ban due to a map fault then go ahead, guess I'll have to find some other server to play on :/

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 03:52:24 pm »
http://imageshack.us/g/815/wolperqmling.jpg/

u can see in this album vasilidean exploiting and ignoring my warnings but the admin warnings aswell.

edit: Dude i told u 10 times that you are abuzing,dont use cheaps excuses.
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline Vasilio

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 04:13:56 pm »
I didn't know it was a map exploit as I spawned in the area, I didn't bother to get out because I'm a ranged fighter.

all that was said in the screenshots was "thats abuz", "thats bannable" "u punk" but that could of been directed at anyone as there were 100 or so other players at the time with a big chat going on (you didn't even bother to say my name either apparently). Does the area even look glitched to you? Its not like I decided to camp in there because I was aware people couldn't get me, nor did you call me out by name so what you said over chat could of been directed at anyone (especially when I don't even know your name). Another problem I had was I saw you running side to side because I thought I had timed out or something (a problem for router users),  I was aiming at you for a fairly long time before I killed you once (at 3.59 and then you were hanging around from about 4.30 to 5.30, for a while I was just looking at you which obviously shows a lack of malicious intent), what else am I supposed to do? When I'm sitting stuck, can't get out because 3 enemies are trying to get me? I was in this little area and this guy just shows up and oggles at me, what else am I supposed to do?

I did actually try to escape when 3 other enemies came at me but got lodged behind the side of the hill.

it just seems like I got banned for spawning in a glitched area without realizing. Your multiple warnings appear to actually be just two statements apparently directed at me (because I should instantly know you were talking to me), the ban seems unfair seeing this was my only first infraction (the emphasis that there were 100 or so other players without you actually saying my name for a warning).

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 04:19:00 pm »
I believe I was on at this time and I have to admit I didn't notice that the spawn area on this map is unreachable until someone mentioned it (because some where camping there). And I have played this map a few times already. This map should be fixed.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 04:27:49 pm »
I didn't know it was a map exploit as I spawned in the area, I didn't bother to get out because I'm a ranged fighter.

all that was said in the screenshots was "thats abuz", "thats bannable" "u punk" but that could of been directed at anyone as there were 100 or so other players at the time with a big chat going on (you didn't even bother to say my name either apparently). Does the area even look glitched to you? Its not like I decided to camp in there because I was aware people couldn't get me, nor did you call me out by name so what you said over chat could of been directed at anyone (especially when I don't even know your name). Another problem I had was I saw you running side to side because I thought I had timed out or something (a problem for router users),  I was aiming at you for a fairly long time before I killed you once (at 3.59 and then you were hanging around from about 4.30 to 5.30, for a while I was just looking at you which obviously shows a lack of malicious intent), what else am I supposed to do? When I'm sitting stuck, can't get out because 3 enemies are trying to get me? I was in this little area and this guy just shows up and oggles at me, what else am I supposed to do?

I did actually try to escape when 3 other enemies came at me but got lodged behind the side of the hill.

it just seems like I got banned for spawning in a glitched area without realizing. Your multiple warnings appear to actually be just two statements apparently directed at me (because I should instantly know you were talking to me), the ban seems unfair seeing this was my only first infraction (the emphasis that there were 100 or so other players without you actually saying my name for a warning).

No.

A ban extension would be nice because even when u were last and the admin warned you 3 times you kept staying there like everything is ok.

Offline Vasilio

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 04:35:09 pm »
great rebuttal

if you reread what I said you will see why I couldn't get out. Its unfair that I am to be punished for what is an actual map fault.

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 04:42:28 pm »
great rebuttal

if you reread what I said you will see why I couldn't get out. Its unfair that I am to be punished for what is an actual map fault.

dude I was there,You never left the glitched part of the map,You staid there until the admin banned you.

Offline Vasilio

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 04:49:07 pm »
yes I did, I fell behind the side of the hill (if you read what I said prior) and got stuck.

and again, how am I supposed to know its glitched? Why is it my fault I was spawned into an apparently glitched area? I could of just been kicked and warned but instead I just get banned for a unknown period of time.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 10:54:37 pm »
Vasilio banned by Shogunate_Ujin    until 18.05.2012 20:31:37(CEST) for exploiting. Discuss the ban with the responsible admin(Ujin) and not with Panos. He only talks to you to distract you while emptying your pockets.

Offline Vasilio

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 12:07:19 pm »
Thank you, where can I contact this admin?

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 02:04:13 pm »
Vasilio, i'm glad that you can speak english after all(i thought maybe you didn't understand what people and amins were telling you), since i've warned you before banning and gave you time to get out of the unreachable area. Turns out you either didn't notice my warning or ignored it.Although i find it hard to believe that purple text is so easy to miss, we can assume that maybe you were too concentrated on reloading your crossbow and shooting at people who couldn't reach you.

It's the map's fault alright (many maps have their design faults), but it's still called exploiting. If i didn't kick/ban , you would've continued firing at people till you win/force a draw/make people wait for flags? Were you really willing to go that far to piss people off and waste their time and than blame the map ?

I'll lift the ban a bit earlier tomorrow, but i hope in the meantime you will check the server rules again. Next time you get stuck some place where people can't reach you , don't abuse the hell out of it or wait for admins to deal with you, you can always go spectators and save everyone's (including yours) time.