Author Topic: One reason why this game has low pop  (Read 6115 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: One reason why this game has low pop
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 12:05:03 am »
+5
-Dude Gets banned for being a douchebag/breaking rules

-Makes topic on forum where he says he's innocent, or brings in drama like "this game has low pop because.."

-Blames admins

-Makes up stupid excuses

-Is NA

Seems legit.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:13:52 am by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 12:37:06 am »
+2

In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline ahrims

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 12:46:42 am »
-Dude Gets banned for being a douchebag/breaking rules

-Makes topic on forum where he says he's innocent, or brings in drama like "this game has low pop because.."

-Blames admins

-Makes up stupid excuses

-Is NA

Seems legit.

Don't think I was douche bag unless u were the one hitting me lol

Offline ahrims

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 12:51:36 am »
Carebears don't get mad

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 12:54:56 am »
+3
Don't think I was douche bag unless u were the one hitting me lol

Well. The admin couldn't know you were a new player. We have players who retire regularly (reset their character), have alternative characters and so on, so a low level doesn't tell you anything.

You defended yourself by teamattacking him, which is forbidden for a good reason, because it allows admins to see who is the aggressor. If you teamattack back and he watches you in that moment, it's your own fault. Do you know the expression "Ignorance is no excuse in law."? That's what happened to you.

Just get over it, it's most likely a short time ban. Play the game tomorrow, stick to the rules and have fun. There is nothing more to say.

Carebears don't get mad

You do want carebears, otherwise you wouldn't mind posting. And some of us do care that new players keep on playing the mod. But what we can NOT do is tell you that the ban was unjustified and wrong, and that you were right to kill him, because that's not true. Rules are rules.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:57:37 am by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline ahrims

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 12:58:31 am »
I think people who are just posting random stuff should reread thread and look at what I am saying (reading first sentence or Title of thread doesn't count)... It has little to do about me. I am just saying my case and what a lot of players experience.  BTW some fail trolls i see ererere.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 12:59:32 am »
I think people who are just posting random stuff should reread thread and look at what I am saying (reading first sentence or Title of thread doesn't count)... It has little to do about me. I am just saying my case and what a lot of players experience.  BTW some fail trolls i see ererere.

Joker86 is spot-on. It is impossible for Admins to tell who started it if they come back at the wrong time, as it would look like you are the aggressor.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 01:02:53 am »
I think people who are just posting random stuff should reread thread and look at what I am saying (reading first sentence or Title of thread doesn't count)... It has little to do about me. I am just saying my case and what a lot of players experience.

Well, actually even there you can't really argue about it, because new players are supposed to read the rules before they connect to a server. I know people want to start the game finally after downloading and everything, but the minute or two is worth the effort. When I start a new shooter I like to know whether it's allowed to shoot into the spawn, whether there are forbidden weapons and so on, because I know such things can easily lead to a kick/ban, and are fairly common. So actually, in before counterargument: yes, you CAN expect new players to read rules first.

BTW some fail trolls i see ererere.

Welcome to cRPG forum. A place with shitloads of good humour and trolling.... not...  :rolleyes:
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline ahrims

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 01:04:03 am »
Joker86 is spot-on. It is impossible for Admins to tell who started it if they come back at the wrong time, as it would look like you are the aggressor.

little spot on. agreeing with carebears is what kills most of the games like CoD - now look at it, counterstrike - Age of Conan-MMos etc etc good debate

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 01:04:54 am »
+7
"I broke the rules that are identical to most vanilla M&B multiplayer servers and almost every game on the internet. I killed my teamate and go in trouble. Your game is gay and no one likes it. Here's a youtube video of me owning lol."

-a mental child

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Rusty_Shacklefjord

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro-pain
    • View Profile
  • Faction: One Man Army
  • Game nicks: Erik_Magnusson
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 01:05:15 am »
The admins on cRPG are tyrants, more or less.

I've talked to multiple people that were turned away from this mod for the exact same reason as the OP. They join, play a few games, then are banned with no explanation, never to return.

It's something about the community's culture, I guess, that makes people think that it's okay to mete out harsh bans for extremely minor offenses. Only the popular kids get to be admin, and the popular kids all know the rules. So, they expect everyone to be act just like they do, and if you're just a little uncouth or unpopular you're mercilessly banned.

Meanwhile these badmins, worse for the community than any incidental teamkiller could ever be, are allowed (and even encouraged!) to continue acting in this way. It's ridiculous.
I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,
I sound my barbaric YAWP over the roofs of the world.

Offline ahrims

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2012, 01:06:29 am »
little spot on. agreeing with carebears is what kills most of the games like CoD - now look at it, counterstrike - Age of Conan-MMos etc etc good debate

Age of Conan were probably funniest/best trolls forums I ever seen in a game

Offline Nagasoup

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Donkey
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2012, 01:09:05 am »
+1
This is something I can relate to... once I was banned for revenge tk as a newb too, when someone was intentionally teamwounding me to provoke revenge tk...

New players without any previous offences should NEVER be banned for revenge tk, a lot of times these are people tking in self defence against trolls, and banning for revenge tk is EXACTLY what those trolls want.

What is a new player to do against assholes who use technicalities in the rules to try and get you banned?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:12:37 am by Nagasoup »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2012, 01:10:02 am »
+5
Would now be a bad time to mention that the vast majority of c-RPG players have never been banned?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline ahrims

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2012, 01:14:16 am »
Would now be a bad time to mention that the vast majority of c-RPG players have never been banned?

I bet you most of the player base was lost to being banned. lol Unlike the ones who just gave up, I am just posting my view and it is upsetting some people cause they are the ones who probably played this for awhile like the kids who play counterstrike 1.6 for 10 years.