Author Topic: Herilooms and Breakage.  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Punked

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Herilooms and Breakage.
« on: May 13, 2012, 06:01:01 pm »
Hey guys I would like to point out... if you have a masterworked Weapon wouldnt that weapon be better made? well since you get all these stat bonuses from Heirlooming your weapon shouldnt that already point out that this would be a pretty well constructed weapon? I would think so. So here is my proposal, if our weapons become MasterWorked wouldnt they break less? If you are going to spend 3 generations on trying to get a weapon or Body armor set MasterWorked wouldnt you think you have suffered through enough breakage? The point of all this is MasterWorked would mean better made so shouldnt this mean break less? To my knowledge MasterWorked  would break less, since it is better made then the rest. Lets put this in to perspective "Well Made" Crossbow still breaks at 733 Gold and has the same amount of breakage then a Regular Crossbow. Yes I have thought about the issue about the Longer you have the weapon the more maintenance you will need to keep that valuable item in check but if you are going to keep "Forging that weapon" to make it better wouldn't you think you should have a lesser chance to break it? Im not asking for a whole heirloom buff that would make Heirlooms OP I would like to see some changes in our herilooms breakage. I am not suggesting that if you have no WPF in that item that it will never break just for that fact that it is MW im just saying it would be nice to have that item break less.

I would like to see some input on this thread to see what other people think.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Re: Herilooms and Breakage.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 06:22:26 pm »
Heirlooms should probably break more often. Either way, you pointed it out yourself. They are very old, but still well made. Balances each other out (as far as the game's concerned).

Offline Skrubb

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Get some
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 06:24:51 pm »
+1
San, I've gotta agree with Ryan here. Better made items are made to last longer. Also they are usually better used by the soldier because they are experienced enough to weild the better weapon or armor. I too am a victim of certain items breaking much more often than they should. I one up Ryan. +1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Punked

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 06:28:30 pm »
+1
Heirlooms should probably break more often. Either way, you pointed it out yourself. They are very old, but still well made. Balances each other out (as far as the game's concerned).

Lets RP here, if i am going to hand down my heirloom to my son wouldnt i have taught him how to use my weapon? Hence, the break less. if the weapon is properly used it would break less. wouldnt it?

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 07:02:03 pm »
A MW weapon should break as often as any normal weapon imo. That's just fair to other people who do not have masterworked items. A masterwork weapon already has better stats, that's enough.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Punked

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 07:12:47 pm »
A MW weapon should break as often as any normal weapon imo. That's just fair to other people who do not have masterworked items. A masterwork weapon already has better stats, that's enough.

good point but u spent 3 generations with that weapon and crafted it every time better then the last so wouldnt that also mean better the weapon the better made which also means less breakage. no?

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 07:24:44 pm »
good point but u spent 3 generations with that weapon and crafted it every time better then the last so wouldnt that also mean better the weapon the better made which also means less breakage. no?

Dude, this is no matter of realism, its a matter of game balance, BIG - !
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Miwiw

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 07:26:33 pm »

It would make sense, but hell, we are playing a game. never forget that. If someone else pays more money for the same item, something goes wrong. You already have an advantage if an item is +3.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Punked

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 07:33:00 pm »
It would make sense, but hell, we are playing a game. never forget that. If someone else pays more money for the same item, something goes wrong. You already have an advantage if an item is +3.

not asking to increase the chances for regular items just the decreased repair chance. yes its a game, but a game that i would play for a certain amount of time to get that +3 benefit. just like retiring give u a benefit to exp.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 07:41:31 pm »
I disagree (note I only have a single 1+ throwing lance), everyone with dedication can get looms (even though devs made it harder with shithead 5% tax).
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 07:43:46 pm »

Upkeep is the only way to avoid full plated tincans with crossbows, plated chargers and flamberges everywhere. Decreasing the ratio upkeep on masterworked items will increase the amount of that builds that can ruine the game.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 07:51:00 pm »
+1
Hey guys I would like to point out... if you have a masterworked Weapon wouldnt that weapon be better made? well since you get all these stat bonuses from Heirlooming your weapon shouldnt that already point out that this would be a pretty well constructed weapon? I would think so. So here is my proposal, if our weapons become MasterWorked wouldnt they break less? If you are going to spend 3 generations on trying to get a weapon or Body armor set MasterWorked wouldnt you think you have suffered through enough breakage? The point of all this is MasterWorked would mean better made so shouldnt this mean break less? To my knowledge MasterWorked  would break less, since it is better made then the rest. Lets put this in to perspective "Well Made" Crossbow still breaks at 733 Gold and has the same amount of breakage then a Regular Crossbow. Yes I have thought about the issue about the Longer you have the weapon the more maintenance you will need to keep that valuable item in check but if you are going to keep "Forging that weapon" to make it better wouldn't you think you should have a lesser chance to break it? Im not asking for a whole heirloom buff that would make Heirlooms OP I would like to see some changes in our herilooms breakage. I am not suggesting that if you have no WPF in that item that it will never break just for that fact that it is MW im just saying it would be nice to have that item break less.

I would like to see some input on this thread to see what other people think.

If this happened, I would have even more money than I already do. All it would do is benefit people who have been playing longer. Not a good idea.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 08:08:39 pm »
In short: As for realism, yes; as for balance, no.
+1 to the main post for the witty writing.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Miwiw

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 08:31:37 pm »
I disagree (note I only have a single 1+ throwing lance), everyone with dedication can get looms (even though devs made it harder with shithead 5% tax).

dedication by playing this game 10 hours a day? that is more addiction and it still gives every long-time player a high advantage over others. If they played with mid-gear until now they can really switch to heavier gear making them less easy to kill (of course theres the weight penalty, but for tanks it does not matter anyway).

But fine, lets say you have to pay 10 gold less for a +3. That would be fair. :P

(btw I have my looms and would of course like to pay less gold. But no, I do not see it being fair in any way)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 08:36:52 pm by Miwiw99 »
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 10:04:46 pm »
+1
In short: As for realism, yes; as for balance, no.
+1 to the main post for the witty writing.
exactly, with this argumentation this belongs into the realism board. I see no benefit for gameplay and balance.