Author Topic: Long Hafted Knobbed Mace  (Read 2393 times)

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Long Hafted Knobbed Mace
« on: May 13, 2012, 12:45:19 pm »
This weapon feels kind of redundant. It must be one of the most underused weapons in the whole game. I literally NEVER see it on the battlefield. Therefore I propose to heavily rework it:

- Make it slow
- Give it Crushthrough
- Increase weight a bit

I know crushthrough is highly unpopular, but 2h has three different CT weapons, and polearms have only 1. The LHKM could be reworked into the cheaper, shorter, faster, weaker brother of the long maul.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Long Hafted Knobbed Mace
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 12:55:19 pm »
No. I used it, and had a better experience compared to long hafted spiked mace. It's fine as it is. Plus, Crushthrough idea is retarded.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 01:30:45 pm »
I've got Mighty LHKM, it's a good thingy as it is, without stupid and unrealistic crushthrough. Only one dissapoint me - I cant stop horse with blunt stab.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 02:23:14 pm »
long hafted maces were really popular more then year ago and maybe op. it got nerfed badly, lost speed rating and got the unbalanced tag. i think it could do with some extra weight if it gets the unbalanced tag

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 03:24:55 pm »
long hafted maces were really popular more then year ago and maybe op. it got nerfed badly, lost speed rating and got the unbalanced tag. i think it could do with some extra weight if it gets the unbalanced tag

Yes, it was too good to have 42 blunt damage, 94 speed, Knockdown and balanced weapon with 138 length - it was +3 Long Hafted Spiked Mace.

Anyway, there are still plenty «too good» polearms - like LWA\GLA, Glaive or German pole or simple Poleaxe
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 03:34:59 pm by Okkam »

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 03:34:33 pm »
+1
We need a Long Hafted Knobbed Spiked Mace.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 04:17:58 pm »
+5
We need a Great Long Arming Hafted Knightly Knobbed Arabian Broad Spiked Nordic Heavy Shortened War Mace de Corbin.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 11:50:39 pm »
I've just noticed that it's longer than the long maul, so the crushthrough idea is probably not very good indeed. Maybe buff the long hafted blade, then? Make it a better weapon (and increase the cost), so that the two are a bit more different?

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 12:20:47 am »
Maybe buff the long hafted blade, then?

say what

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 12:49:17 am »
I occasionally use this weapon on my 15/24 samurai alt and it is just bad.  Your actually probably better off using a quarter or iron staff.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 01:01:04 am »
+1
Perhaps your build is not very fitting for it. It's usefulness comes from the knockdown+long reach, which is something more suited for something like 24/15 (exact opposite of your build). I am saying lads, this weapon is good. I was very satisfied with it. I am not trying to say I am the best judge, but when a weapon is liked by one guy that means the weapon is ok and others probably didn't get the usage of it or couldn't adopt a good playstle with it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:03:41 am by Ronin »
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 01:17:15 am »
The reason this style of weapon is unpopular stems from the polearm animation it is very easy to block especially with the low speed rating and poor reach. The longer a polearm the more difficult it can be to judge blocking window and the devastating pauses and animation "flaws" can be.

This weapon should really be carried with another like the quarter staff so skilled or fast opponents are less of a threat.

It used to be a powerful weapon but even in native feels clumsy and too short giving it a little
more weight or reach really couldn't hurt
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 10:53:49 pm »
say what

Sorry, I meant the long hafted mace, of course, to make it a bit different from the lhkm. Both weapons are kind of mediocre at the moment, and a rare sight on the battlefield. Maybe shift both a bit up in the tiers? Make them more expensive, but also a bit better? But not too good, I still remember the times the lhm was OP.

Perhaps your build is not very fitting for it. It's usefulness comes from the knockdown+long reach, which is something more suited for something like 24/15 (exact opposite of your build). I am saying lads, this weapon is good. I was very satisfied with it. I am not trying to say I am the best judge, but when a weapon is liked by one guy that means the weapon is ok and others probably didn't get the usage of it or couldn't adopt a good playstle with it.

I have a 24/15 polearm alt and use the long hafted mace sometimes, and I think it's kind of meh. I actually do better with two-directional spears or the hafted blades...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:56:58 pm by zagibu »

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 03:13:51 pm »
I still think it doesn't suit your playstyle. Hafted blades are good weps, so is two directional. but those three are in different catagories. Long hafted knobbed mace excel at being good at knockdown. A guy suggested me looming it in a server (I don't remember his name). He said that long hafted knobbed mace was the knockdown master. After trying a non-loomed version, I had to agree with him. The weapon contain an undiscovered secret power.

Go and buff it, I don't care. You will be just buffing the nice guy I met and get owned by him more easily. I don't even know why I try to prevent this from happening.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 04:20:12 pm »
The weapon is just fine as it is.
Just because barely anyone is using it doesnt mean it needs to edited in any way. I used it as polearm-build and enjoyed every minute with it. And I even know someone who has a MW version of it.

I guess the main reason people dont use it, is actually cuz it doesnt look cool or nice. Pretty boring look...  8-)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.