Author Topic: balancing cav  (Read 7613 times)

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
Re: balancing cav
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2012, 07:59:30 pm »
Opposite of what conclusion? My conclusion is to buff ranged

Foot archer is fine, Crossbow deal load of damage (Bolts chance needs to be the same rate as arrows) , HX is ok.

Buff HA (It's shittest ranged class)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2012, 09:05:32 pm »
Opposite of what conclusion? My conclusion is to buff ranged, not nerf cav. In fact, I made a thread that proposed buffing every class in game. People only looked at the buffs in isolation, instead of as an entire system, and that in fact is my conclusion. That the balance in this game has been a series of nerfs in isolation that didn't look at the system as a whole.

Nevermind...I agree that archery was hit hard and I think it was a shit nerf that led to all sorts of unintended consequences, basically like every single nerf that's been implemented.  I agree also that the nerfs are only looked at in isolation and not the larger affect on other classes (or equipment) it will have.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2012, 02:58:51 am »
Make lancing harder its too easy its what makes cav OP

With the skill investment its somewhat complicated as a higher agility build isn't really bad. The only feasible soultion would for it to cost 2 poitns to raise 1 skill in riding, maybe move teh rouncey back up to 5 along with that.

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2012, 03:02:50 am »
+1
Buff HA (It's shittest ranged class)

Yes, yes, buff HA.  :D

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2012, 03:12:48 am »
+1
Opposite of what conclusion? My conclusion is to buff ranged, not nerf cav. In fact, I made a thread that proposed buffing every class in game. People only looked at the buffs in isolation, instead of as an entire system, and that in fact is my conclusion. That the balance in this game has been a series of nerfs in isolation that didn't look at the system as a whole.

In general I agree. I'm not so against further nerfing, but I see where constant nerfs will be going eventually.

What is lacking the most is a clear vision of how the combat environment should be...

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2012, 03:50:16 am »
In general I agree. I'm not so against further nerfing, but I see where constant nerfs will be going eventually.

What is lacking the most is a clear vision of how the combat environment should be...

Mine is clearest.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2012, 03:52:15 am »
I wasnt talking about any drawbacks,  au contrair actually.  its a treasur to being able to function as two different classes with one character.

Thats funny cause when you fall of your horse your fucked Torben.
I don't know enough

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2012, 10:07:54 am »
Mine is clearest.
The wise one, please share your greater knowledge and enlighten us the petty peasants and beggars.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2012, 03:23:27 pm »
The wise one, please share your greater knowledge and enlighten us the petty peasants and beggars.
Granted somewhat..

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,31995.0.html

I also am petty, a peasant and beggar.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2012, 04:44:00 pm »
Granted somewhat..

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,31995.0.html

I also am petty, a peasant and beggar.

I'm petty too. I don't like you now because you took my buff ideas, cut out all the ranged and left the rest. You are just biased against my kind.  :shock:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2012, 03:52:51 am »
Make heavy lance 3 slot.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2012, 04:23:28 am »
I'm petty too. I don't like you now because you took my buff ideas, cut out all the ranged and left the rest. You are just biased against my kind.  :shock:
Eh? What? I've never seen your ideas, where are they, maybe we can share. heck if they get implemented you can say there yours. :)
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Rusty_Shacklefjord

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro-pain
    • View Profile
  • Faction: One Man Army
  • Game nicks: Erik_Magnusson
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2012, 06:39:54 am »
+3
Are people ITT seriously advocating a nerf for cavalry?

I've played a few generations as cavalry, because I think it's really fun - not because it's overpowered. If anything, I would almost say that it's UNDERpowered. That's right. Nearly every horse dies in 1-2 hits. For example, I can't even count the number of times that I've been killed by throwers recently. They kill my horse with one axe, then me with one more before I can even stand. It's absolutely ridiculous. Right now, any ranged players of any kind are able to deny cavalry access to huge portions of the battlefield. Some horses, like the courser and arabian, are able to mitigate this disadvantage because they're very strong in one area, but most horses are laughably weak. I WANT to play cavalry this generation, but if the past week is any indication I'll definitely have to re-spec to infantry. I'm just too vulnerable as cavalry.

THIS is what's causing people to resort to using shameless tactics like backstabbing and AFK killing. There's just nothing else that they can do. As things are now, there are only a very small number of players that cavalry stand any sort of chance against. Anyone with a weapon whose length is >~110, or with a ranged weapon, can dispatch charging horses with ease. For example, I run around with a longsword and am virtually immune to cavalry. I one-shot their horse with a stab to the face and kill them before they even hit the ground. Again, it's ridiculous. Even most one handed weapons can beat them with a simple side-step and right swing.  In my opinion, every horse from the destrier on up needs at least another 10-20 points of hp/armor. ESPECIALLY the heavy horses. Those suckers should be able to take a real beating - and that's about all they should be able to do. As things are now, that's the only thing that they CAN'T do. Reduce their speed and charge stats and increase their durability significantly so that they can actually be used as intended. They shouldn't be running all over like the light horses or knocking people down like some kind of big stupid bowling ball, they should be trotting or walking through the thick of battle, alongside the footmen. That's their niche. A little faster than infantry, but less agile and unable to block attacks to the horse.

So, in summation, at the moment:
- cavalry are weak against ranged AND infantry
- cavalry are strong against unaware and AFK players
- heavier horses need more durability
- heavier horses need less speed and much less charge

P.S. nerf ranged

Edit: Also, I like how heavy horses' legs are vulnerable and I think that it would be a great way to provide a weak point for new, tougher heavy horses - although I think that the hitbox for legs is just a little too big right now.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 07:20:39 am by Rusty_Shacklefjord »
I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,
I sound my barbaric YAWP over the roofs of the world.

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2012, 06:57:47 am »
Are people ITT seriously advocating a nerf for cavalry?

I've played a few generations as cavalry, because I think it's really fun - not because it's overpowered. If anything, I would almost say that it's UNDERpowered. That's right. Nearly every horse dies in 1-2 hits. For example, I can't even count the number of times that I've been killed by throwers recently. They kill my horse with one axe, then me with one more before I can even stand. It's absolutely ridiculous. Right now, any ranged players of any kind are able to deny cavalry access to huge portions of the battlefield. Some horses, like the courser and arabian, are able to mitigate this disadvantage because they're very strong in one area, but most horses are laughably weak. I WANT to play cavalry this generation, but if the past week is any indication I'll definitely have to re-spec to infantry. I'm just too vulnerable as cavalry.

THIS is what's causing people to resort to using shameless tactics like backstabbing and AFK killing. There's just nothing else that they can do. As things are now, there are only a very small number of players that cavalry stand any sort of chance against. Anyone with a weapon whose length is >~110, or with a ranged weapon, can dispatch charging horses with ease. For example, I run around with a longsword and am virtually immune to cavalry. I one-shot their horse with a stab to the face and kill them before they even hit the ground. Again, it's ridiculous. Even most one handed weapons can beat them with a simple side-step and right swing.  In my opinion, every horse from the destrier on up needs at least another 10-20 points of hp/armor. ESPECIALLY the heavy horses. Those suckers should be able to take a real beating - and that's about all they should be able to do. As things are now, that's the only thing that they CAN'T do. Reduce their speed and charge stats and increase their durability significantly so that they can actually be used as intended. They shouldn't be running all over like the light horses or knocking people down like some kind of big stupid bowling ball, they should be trotting or walking through the thick of battle, alongside the footmen. That's their niche. A little faster than infantry, but less agile and unable to block attacks to the horse.

So, in summation, at the moment:
- cavalry are weak against ranged AND infantry
- cavalry are strong against unaware and AFK players
- heavier horses need more durability
- heavier horses need less speed and much less charge

P.S. nerf ranged

Fuck you.
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2012, 07:03:09 am »
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!