Author Topic: just over the last couple of days... funny right? DISCUSS  (Read 7922 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: just over the last couple of days... funny right? DISCUSS
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2012, 04:24:56 pm »
The archer nerf affected every ranged class (throwing and xbowing was hit worse than friendly archery), so I don't exactly see how it got shit to do with HX and cavalry numbers growing...

Doesn't it hurt for your brain matter to be so dense?
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2012, 04:47:20 pm »
The archer nerf affected every ranged class (throwing and xbowing was hit worse than friendly archery), so I don't exactly see how it got shit to do with HX numbers growing...

Crossbows have a much higher velocity then bows do with a certain arrow speed nerf in the past, thus HX have a greater threat bubble then ground archers, due to the slow moving archer using a low velocity projectile against a fast moving horse using a high velocity projectile. Due to the lower arrow velocity, horses can be much more aggressive then normal as they can come closer then normal due to more "prediction" needed on the archer's part to hit the target. People on NA are figuring out that a swarm of HX are a royal pain to counter if they have just half a brain, and if someone who actually knows what they are doing goes with HX (like Roh) then this becomes a very real problem.

This is why Cavalry of all sorts is becoming significantly more popular, as the range threat against it is anemic compared to the past. This is also why the range population is also growing, due to infantry wishing to have even just a sidearm (4 PT or a side crossbow) to help ward against cav. So, certain range nerfs have led a sharp increase in Cavalry and a small increase in Projectiles on NA. I was seriously going to switch to shielder and respec, but due to the absurd levels in Cavalry I'm sticking with being a level 33 Archer.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 04:51:01 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2012, 05:05:34 pm »
Crossbows have a much higher velocity then bows do with a certain arrow speed nerf in the past, thus HX have a greater threat bubble then ground archers, due to the slow moving archer using a low velocity projectile against a fast moving horse using a high velocity projectile. Due to the lower arrow velocity, horses can be much more aggressive then normal as they can come closer then normal due to more "prediction" needed on the archer's part to hit the target. People on NA are figuring out that a swarm of HX are a royal pain to counter if they have just half a brain, and if someone who actually knows what they are doing goes with HX (like Roh) then this becomes a very real problem.

This is why Cavalry of all sorts is becoming significantly more popular, as the range threat against it is anemic compared to the past. This is also why the range population is also growing, due to infantry wishing to have even just a sidearm (4 PT or a side crossbow) to help ward against cav. So, certain range nerfs have led a sharp increase in Cavalry and a small increase in Projectiles on NA. I was seriously going to switch to shielder and respec, but due to the absurd levels in Cavalry I'm sticking with being a level 33 Archer.

Tears you're incorrect. Crossbow has high initial(shot gun range) speed but it rapidly deterioates over distance. Archers have all around FASTER projectiles than Xbows. But at near CQB range, the high rate is all on the xbow. Oh and Xbows get delayed way more than bows do on release....

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2012, 05:27:47 pm »
Doesn't it hurt for your brain matter to be so dense?
The ranged ('cuss my old friendchers like yourself weren't hit half as bad as throwers) is the main reason for the cav rise, yes, however, I simply pointed out that HX are also ranged and have been equally nerfed...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2012, 08:57:10 pm »
http://youtu.be/sDd5DPAGoCk

Rohypnol^^^^^PutsDaTeamOnHisBack

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2012, 09:32:43 pm »
+1
Vigilante justice eh?

You remind me of those dudes at the bar in southpark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLfud_qjwfM

Just because a lot of people don't like a playstyle still doesn't mean they should be bullied into stopping it.  If 50% of the population was able to vote in changes ranged weaponry wouldn't exist in this game, neither would cavalry or pikes.

Wrong, put up a poll and you will see how wrong you are.  Most people are reasonable and know range belongs in the game.  What is unreasonable is waiting 3 minutes for 1 person to die, on a regular basis.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2012, 09:43:44 pm »
+2
if i ban poll digglez next time he comes on and it goes through, how about u NH guys just make a thread like this instead of ban requesting me.
im sure over 1/2 the server disagrees with digglez playstyle and attitude so its A okay in your books.

Try NH_Zan, since he's probably our top spearman, which is the thing you claimed to hate.  You could also try some people in KUTT, since they have a lot of full time pikers.  Your personal vendetta against Digglez' because he's gotten half of your TK friends banned is irrelevant.

Point being, there is no popular uprising against pikes and long spears.  You're not going to get a random poll ban to stick on Tanken just because he stabs a lot of faces with his pike.  Nor will you likely get a ban to stick on Chestacles even though he's probably NA's #1 thrower.  Throwers and pikers don't cause the same types of problems that HX cause.

You are, again, talking out of your ass.  It's right up there with Grannpappy's assertion that bans always work because the cRPG community are all dicks.  Interesting HX apologist statements that don't really stand up to casual inspection.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:44:54 pm by Slamz »
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2012, 12:04:49 am »
Wrong, put up a poll and you will see how wrong you are.  Most people are reasonable and know range belongs in the game.  What is unreasonable is waiting 3 minutes for 1 person to die, on a regular basis.

i was not aware that you could even delay a round for 3 minutes without the flags coming up dummy
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2012, 12:13:38 am »
+1
why is this thread still going someone lock it please
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2012, 01:43:19 am »
Out of curiosity, what is your build rohyp? I wanna see how hard it actually is.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2012, 03:05:50 am »
+1
6:1 KD with an OPMWLC&MWSB&MWAH isn't hard... if you're decent it at it.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2012, 03:24:50 am »
+3
It's as simple as this:

HAs/HXs being the last man alive, followed by a dozen enemies and still winning the round is on one hand viable, because all he does is playing his class, but it's boring to watch, and somehow unfair because if he doesn't fail big time infantry can't harm him at all.

To solve this problem of who should be allowed/able to kill whom, just remove the necessarity to kill anyone at all - make master of the field appear ALWAYS at 2 ir 3 mins left. Problem solved. I don't know how many thousand times it has already been suggested, until this very day the developers still ignored it.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2012, 10:25:08 am »
+1
tydeus i thought i would give people something to read.. i thought genenral discussion was lacking a bit

goretooth when is our date set.. posting kdr is gay and you have fell a victim to it more times than me.. it makes us both homosexuals.. KISS baby.. you gotta nice ass

the real point of it was to prove on how everytime i get on i get vote kicked and people say i dont kill shit and i delay.. obviously i just proved that wrong..

i dunno.. all i can say is for the peeps that hate it.. try it so i can watch you fail horribly.. then go back to your archer or thrower and cry because you cant aim..

man i bet the 2nd best score on a horse xbow is probably something like 2:1 kdr at the most 3:1
lol good luck in finding me posting a screenshot.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2012, 12:57:56 pm »

I find it more unreasonable that a lot of people can't kill 1 person in under a minute.

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2012, 03:02:36 pm »
lol good luck in finding me posting a screenshot.

GoretoothX_ATS

Age48 [33]

Generation21

Gold246,260

Experience43,242,655

+37,630,484

Level up at80,873,139

Kills6434

Deaths1251

Rank#27

Look there you go dumbass lol.. plz reply.. next time just take the date and stfu like daddy told you

Guess i could get more but i really dont need to haha
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 03:03:55 pm by ROHYPNOL »
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.