Author Topic: just over the last couple of days... funny right? DISCUSS  (Read 7630 times)

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
Re: just over the last couple of days... funny right? DISCUSS
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2012, 10:15:29 am »
+1
Keep kicking ass getting poll banned bud!

Fixed.  Don't be mad at me; I'm just relaying the message that the good people of NA1 are trying to send you.

Incidentally, good point up there from someone else about archer nerf --> cav population explosion.

I revived my archer alt and was pretty amazed that in duels with other archers, I would take an arrow and lose less than 20% health.  My alt has 18 str, no IF and is wearing 23 body armor.  I suppose it's because a lot of the hits tend to be arm shots.  I assume that was the major nerf?  I've not been keeping up with archers.  I thought it was just my main's +3 heavy kuyak and +3 mittens deflecting arrows like a pro but apparently padded cloth works pretty well too.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Herpderp

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2012, 10:16:04 am »
They should make another battle server called the waah waah crybaby server. It would be full of STR build non-chivalrous crybabies where they can go play away from us proper folk in their land of crutching on mechanics like underpowered bows, polestun, and rain chance. In fact on their server it will rain forever, symbolizing their tears, while we play on our perfect servers. If only.

As for roh technically archers could easily kill him if the class was balanced better or if they had full looms and got lucky, but I find throwing axes to be more than enough to make mince meat out of any horse xbower, even Roh. The problem is he has the fastest and most maneuverable horse and perfect accuracy even when going fast due to how crazy a build with only riding, horse archery, and weapon master can be. Horse xbow is fine otherwise. If Roh can make balance patches happen then all the power to him.

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2012, 10:59:10 am »
Fixed.  Don't be mad at me; I'm just relaying the message that the good people of NA1 are trying to send you.

Incidentally, good point up there from someone else about archer nerf --> cav population explosion.

I revived my archer alt and was pretty amazed that in duels with other archers, I would take an arrow and lose less than 20% health.  My alt has 18 str, no IF and is wearing 23 body armor.  I suppose it's because a lot of the hits tend to be arm shots.  I assume that was the major nerf?  I've not been keeping up with archers.  I thought it was just my main's +3 heavy kuyak and +3 mittens deflecting arrows like a pro but apparently padded cloth works pretty well too.

It depends on the archer and very much on looms. In +2 Red Tunic over Mail, I've gotten hit for less than 10% before [probably some lowbie] and for 2/3 of my life in one shot.

If Roh can come back from a 10:1 disadvantage than he has every right to play

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2012, 12:22:00 pm »
I don't see how shooting from a horse is far removed from roof camping at the end of a round.

As long as you're reloading and riding around and shooting when you feel like it, you can delay and waste everyone's time as much as you like if the other team's ranged is dead. Its like legal delaying/trolling imo
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2012, 01:15:13 pm »
+2
if i ban poll digglez next time he comes on and it goes through, how about u NH guys just make a thread like this instead of ban requesting me.
im sure over 1/2 the server disagrees with digglez playstyle and attitude so its A okay in your books.

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2012, 01:28:26 pm »
Ignoring the real point of the topic ill just say one thing. Waving 6:1 kd around as any kind of cav player is not impressive. I consider myself a pretty average player and I managed a 4:1 KD as a 1h cav.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2012, 02:43:37 pm »
HX is pretty hard to get huge amount of kills , If your or the enemy team doesn't want to watch you just riding around killing people they shouldn't had died themself:)

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2012, 03:15:47 pm »
+2
tydeus i thought i would give people something to read.. i thought genenral discussion was lacking a bit

goretooth when is our date set.. posting kdr is gay and you have fell a victim to it more times than me.. it makes us both homosexuals.. KISS baby.. you gotta nice ass

the real point of it was to prove on how everytime i get on i get vote kicked and people say i dont kill shit and i delay.. obviously i just proved that wrong..

i dunno.. all i can say is for the peeps that hate it.. try it so i can watch you fail horribly.. then go back to your archer or thrower and cry because you cant aim..

man i bet the 2nd best score on a horse xbow is probably something like 2:1 kdr at the most 3:1

Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2012, 03:24:57 pm »
Archers get nerfed to shit, HX and Cavalry explode. Coincidence?

The archer nerf affected every ranged class (throwing and xbowing was hit worse than my old friendchery), so I don't exactly see how it got shit to do with HX numbers growing...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2012, 03:35:01 pm »
+1
Ignoring the real point of the topic ill just say one thing. Waving 6:1 kd around as any kind of cav player is not impressive. I consider myself a pretty average player and I managed a 4:1 KD as a 1h cav.

I don't see why people care about the K:D ratio at all...
A high K:D ratio doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean the player is good.
Likewise a low K:D ratio doesn't mean the player is bad.

I don't see why people get impressed by players topping the scoreboards or by players being good in duels either.
Instead you should be impressed and show appreciation to those contributing to their team the most.

Not saying that a 2H player getting 30-1 score isn't helping the team because he clearly does.
Just saying that the 0 kill thrower killing 5 enemy horses every round probably contributes more.
Who is the best player then?

IMO the best player is always the one contributing the most to the team, resulting in a round win.
Assisting kills are worth just as much as kills and giving other players help by making them survive is also worth something.

Actually you can be the one contributing the most even though you make 0 damage to the enemy every round.
Even a lvl 1 peasant can be it. For example he could act bait fighting 5 "stupid" cavalry players at the same time.
If he manages to do this for 1-2min it usually means a victory for the ream.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2012, 03:38:52 pm »
I dont know with my heavy cav I bumb alot of enemys when my teammates are fighting , but also killing alot of those fucking archers off....... conclusion I'm an hero deal with it 8-)

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2012, 03:53:16 pm »

Vigilante justice eh?

You remind me of those dudes at the bar in southpark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLfud_qjwfM

Just because a lot of people don't like a playstyle still doesn't mean they should be bullied into stopping it.  If 50% of the population was able to vote in changes ranged weaponry wouldn't exist in this game, neither would cavalry or pikes.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2012, 03:55:47 pm »
I actually agree with you, but admins won't ban, they will only 'watch the player' from then on even with sufficient evidence

how is that a deterrent at all

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2012, 04:03:35 pm »
+1
Every action has a reaction.
Playing like that, in a online deathmatch game, that is teambased.... and you are surprised you get reactions like that?

Its anti-social, to a large degree.

So my suggestion to you is this,  maybe you should think about changing the way you play the game.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2012, 04:15:47 pm »
Nah man, Rohypnol has the same effect as aderyn. If you could just hit him once, he'd go down. People by and large are simply unable to touch them and they are able to literally carve out a quarter of a team's population before going down. They are simply both just great at what they do. Even when they are the last ones standing, while it may seem as if they are delaying, they can quite often clutch the round. As far as Roh goes, the very concept of horse crossbowmen is enraging, I get that. Still, we need to stop treating it as if it shouldn't be played simply because we don't like it. I guarantee you roh could put up similar kdrs with a morning star/steel shield combo on horse back, or plenty of other cav builds. He is just really fucking good with horses. No one is saying you need to lick his boots or anything, but for fucks sake cut out this vigilante bullshit and let him play the game. I said it a while ago regarding majority rules being law of the land and I still stand by it; this community is too full of temperamental crybabies and grudge holding assholes to ever take this seriously.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.