Author Topic: How to not get raped in Medieval 2!  (Read 35113 times)

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
Re: How to not get raped in Medieval 2!
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2012, 06:49:25 pm »
Lee. Play with any of the BGR versions.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2012, 08:03:54 pm »
GOD DAMN IT. Stainless Steel was so badass, but the long turns made me sleepy and now I dont wanna go back to vanilla. Ruined Medieval 2 total war completely now......

Im gonna reroll back to Rome Total War. Just studied craploads about Rome for exam. I feel like fighting my ass off for rome and than later march my armies there take charge and burn that old city to the ground with all its citizens MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :twisted:

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2012, 10:34:47 am »
+1
GOD DAMN IT. Stainless Steel was so badass, but the long turns made me sleepy and now I dont wanna go back to vanilla. Ruined Medieval 2 total war completely now......

Im gonna reroll back to Rome Total War. Just studied craploads about Rome for exam. I feel like fighting my ass off for rome and than later march my armies there take charge and burn that old city to the ground with all its citizens MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :twisted:
Get Europa Barbarorum.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2012, 10:35:48 am »
Get Europa Barbarorum.

Or if you're into Rome, Roma Surrectum.

I suggest EB, though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2012, 07:41:12 pm »
I LOVE MW2! For me it's the best game of Total War.

Battle with England against Norway. Norway had a full army of twenty units, mostly mounted Huscarls and Axemen. Usually a pure horror to fight against, but thank god the terrain favoured me:
(Please excuse the crappy quality, even with lowest settings my laptop is close to breaking down  :cry: )
(click to show/hide)

In the last picture the army already fled. I started with full units, which means I lost 47 armoured Sergeants...  :lol:

And another battle against Spain. Please notice the amount of prisoners:

(click to show/hide)

I had the luck to encounter a Spanish army which consisted by 60% of crossbowmen with my army that consisted of almost 50% generals  :mrgreen:

(I often use to group them up and "burn" them in battle when I happen to amass too many of them, as each of those generals takes at least 250 florins wages per turn!  :shock: )

This is not to show off my mad MW2 skills, rather a tribute to its tactical possibilities. (For example I hid half of my generals in a forest at their flank. You should have seen the mass panic which startet at this flank when my generals attacked from the front and from behind at the same time. The prisoners counter went up faster than the clock for the debts of the USA)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 07:45:12 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2012, 09:50:05 pm »
250 florins for a group of heavy cav is a very good deal.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2012, 10:29:02 pm »
Especially ones that regenerate after every battle.

This is not to show off my mad MW2 skills, rather a tribute to its tactical possibilities.
The battles are laughably easy, especially because they tend to send full stacks at you without generals, which makes them very easy to route. The capturing of the prisoners gives your army tons of XP, when every unit has +3 attack and a shitload of morale, you are completely unstoppable.

You should really get a mod, the AI has been improved a lot, making the battles much more interesting. The AI can sometimes actually surprise you with good maneuvers, still you will win ever 1:1 battle with ease. 1:2 battles can become quite hard though.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2012, 11:39:31 pm »

Especially ones that regenerate after every battle.

You are definitely right on that, but if you discover having 15 of them sitting in your capital and doing nothing, its not much you get for you money...

That's why I tend to take them out regularly in big family armies and rape the enemy with them until I have enough honorable deaths to go easy on my budget again. And the few survivors are usually battle hardened badasses after this.

The battles are laughably easy, especially because they tend to send full stacks at you without generals, which makes them very easy to route.

Actually after having taken out their ranged fighters with my longbows I usually command all longbow units to shoot the general unit. Four or five salvos later the general is dead, and the routing start. So there is not much difference in whether they send a nobleman or not.

The capturing of the prisoners gives your army tons of XP, when every unit has +3 attack and a shitload of morale, you are completely unstoppable.

That's right  :mrgreen:

You should really get a mod, the AI has been improved a lot, making the battles much more interesting. The AI can sometimes actually surprise you with good maneuvers, still you will win ever 1:1 battle with ease. 1:2 battles can become quite hard though.

I actually use the Retrofit mod with grand unit addon, but I guess it dodn't improve the AI. Is there any submod that does so? I would like to keep that enormous unit variety of GUAM.  :?

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2012, 12:00:04 am »
Actually this topic makes me want to pick up M2TW and start over my Hungary campaign..

But those god damn Byzantines are annoying neighbors.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2012, 01:35:20 am »
Milan and Denmark are the worst bitches  :evil:

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2012, 01:36:11 am »
Milan and Denmark are the worst bitches  :evil:

Trust me Byz is annoying too.

They could steamroll you from turn 1 basically. And if I try stepping in one of their "claims", they wage war instantly.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2012, 07:23:10 am »
So far Milan and Sicily piss me off the most. But normally I just play em 2 against eachother and Italy is childsplay. But yea...fcking Sicily...I dunno what it is, but they always give me hell when I march trough their lands.

Same as Rome:Total war  when britons got in my way. Almost every little town I took for them required atleast 3 fully stacked armies of mine to be crushed at first. They constantly kept reinforcing with woad warriors.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2012, 07:48:28 am »
as most annoying faction i would nominate denamrk or hungary cuz they tend to have many knights not some random hobos in their armies but milan is mostly doing good against other bits  but their army offten consists of crossbowmans who are easy to pwn and than capture as prisioners.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2012, 02:16:29 pm »
Corssbowmen can inflict tremendous damage on your troops until you reach them, especially those Genoese crossbowmen from Milan. Yes, you will be able to crush that army, but better don't look at the size of your knight regiments after battle, or you will start crying.

Edit: if they haven't taken some damage before and have enemy units nearby, those damn crossbowman can even stand some time in melee and inflict more casualties! I already had town militia and spear militia units losing melee against pavise/Genoese crossbowmen!  :mad:

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2012, 07:08:12 pm »
Please. Hungary/Spain can die in a fire.

One spams Horse Archers, the other spams Horse Javs. Cumans got nothing on either of those 2.