Author Topic: Day Z mod for ARMA II  (Read 141118 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Day Z mod for ARMA II
« Reply #180 on: May 16, 2012, 02:55:33 pm »
I guess it helps that Rocket (creator of DayZ) is also a BIS dev (company which made Arma2)
Huh, didn't know that.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #181 on: May 16, 2012, 03:29:22 pm »
+2
Bohemia Interactive have long been one of the best developers in the world and deserver more recognition than they get.
Turtles

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 16, 2012, 05:07:53 pm »
With the new patch out I am looking for some people to play with, just died recently so lost everything, but I'll regain most things quickly I hope. Can play pretty much all day, especially the next 4 days.

Currently marked as bandit for killing 2 people(who wanted to kill me), but should go away soon.

Steam: Sidje
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 05:12:13 pm by ulya »

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #183 on: May 16, 2012, 06:42:54 pm »
spent the last 2 hours trying to get on servers with freinds :(
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2012, 08:39:28 pm »
Yeah, during prime time its impossible to get playin on the same server with +2 guys tbh...

Also just lost my char yesterday because I was prone near a tree - apparently that breakes all your bones and makes you die instantly because of some bug xD - since I had 4 mags for my enfield, 6 cans of food and 5 bottles of water + 5 blood transfusions I actually wrote the devs a mail asking for a revive :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2012, 11:11:40 pm »
+4
Yeah, during prime time its impossible to get playin on the same server with +2 guys tbh...

Also just lost my char yesterday because I was prone near a tree - apparently that breakes all your bones and makes you die instantly because of some bug xD - since I had 4 mags for my enfield, 6 cans of food and 5 bottles of water + 5 blood transfusions I actually wrote the devs a mail asking for a revive :D
Why? Dying is one of the important parts of the experience.

I just lost my character today too. Logged in and found out that the last time I played it hadn't saved, so 5 hours worth of loot was gone. What was worse though, was that the hunger/thirst still had shrunk and I was starving and thirsting. I had 2 bottles of water, so that was ok, but I didn't have any food. I was also spawned back at the beginning part at the furthest left of the game world and I desperately had to find some food. I had to run to the nearest town and in my desperation I managed to aggro the whole zombie population. A standoff of epic proportions started with me managing to make a choke point at the docks and use my trusty m16a2 to kill 30+ zombies. It was time to loot the town. What I didn't know, though, was that Kamenka is a town almost completely devoid of enterable building. I spent 15 minutes running around trying to find some food, but all I found was empty tincans, some enfield ammo and a winchester. Good enough loot normally, but nothing that could help a starving man.

I then checked my map to figure out my next move. I could head further east and search out the towns there, but judging from the side chat, it was a lot of bandits operating at the south coast. I decided to move north to Pavlovo. As I run north with a stomach growling louder and louder, I start losing blood. The hunger is draining my health away and I know that if I don't eat soon, I'm done for. After some time, I finally hit Pavlovo. It was a strange experience, because while I first moved silently, I couldn't see any zombie anywhere. The absence of any zombies I could see and my growling stomach, I just rushed into the town. It was empty. No nothing at all. Apart from some empty cans and a jerry tank full of fuel, it was nothing there to loot. Someone had been here before me. My health slowly draining from the empty whole that was my stomach, I realized I wouldn't survive this. My sight began to fail as the hunger burned inside me. Fog clouded my vision and through I could see that the zombies were starting to come back again. I doubted I could kill them all and running wouldn't help because of the hunger. I remembered that I still had 3 full magazines for my M16A2 on me and 2 spare ones in my bag. I realized what I would have to do.

I readied my rifle and found myself a decent choke point between two houses. I aimed for the head of the zombie closest to me. I fired. The zombie hit the ground immediately,the sound of gunfire bringing his friends running towards me. I switch to burst. No need for ammo conservation this time. The runners came first, falling one after another. Sometimes 2 at a time as my burst hits the for full effect. I don't know how many I've hit, all is foggy now and only a few small seconds can I see clearly. The ground is littered with dead zombies. I got all the runners and were halfway through the jumpers when I had to switch to my M1911 pistol. Only 2 magazines. Many of the crawlers fall to my pistol until I hear the click of the empty gun. I'm out. 3 of the crawlers are right next to me now, I change to flare, check my zombie kills (50+!), and light a flare, welcoming the hungry arms of the zombies as my hunger slowly disappears. I'm no longer hungry, I'm no longer scared. The warmth and light of the flare illuminating me as I finally say goodbye to this cruel world...
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2012, 03:22:11 pm »
Give me more stories! My brain demands epicness!

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2012, 03:33:46 pm »
I don't make stories I end them.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/16/day-z-interview-how-zombies-arma-2-created-gamings-best-story-machine/3/

(click to show/hide)
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2012, 04:07:28 pm »
I lost my week old character by having it randomly teleported to the middle of the ocean  :lol:

Lost my darling Night Vision Goggles with it :(

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2012, 07:05:42 pm »
+1
Cooties!!! What are those skins???
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2012, 09:22:29 pm »
Cooties!!! What are those skins???
+1!!!!

I lost my week old character by having it randomly teleported to the middle of the ocean  :lol:

Lost my darling Night Vision Goggles with it :(
That sucks man :(

Offline Kingtrisp

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Conan What is best in life?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_KingConan
« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2012, 10:35:01 pm »
Why? Dying is one of the important parts of the experience.

I just lost my character today too. Logged in and found out that the last time I played it hadn't saved, so 5 hours worth of loot was gone. What was worse though, was that the hunger/thirst still had shrunk and I was starving and thirsting. I had 2 bottles of water, so that was ok, but I didn't have any food. I was also spawned back at the beginning part at the furthest left of the game world and I desperately had to find some food. I had to run to the nearest town and in my desperation I managed to aggro the whole zombie population. A standoff of epic proportions started with me managing to make a choke point at the docks and use my trusty m16a2 to kill 30+ zombies. It was time to loot the town. What I didn't know, though, was that Kamenka is a town almost completely devoid of enterable building. I spent 15 minutes running around trying to find some food, but all I found was empty tincans, some enfield ammo and a winchester. Good enough loot normally, but nothing that could help a starving man.

I then checked my map to figure out my next move. I could head further east and search out the towns there, but judging from the side chat, it was a lot of bandits operating at the south coast. I decided to move north to Pavlovo. As I run north with a stomach growling louder and louder, I start losing blood. The hunger is draining my health away and I know that if I don't eat soon, I'm done for. After some time, I finally hit Pavlovo. It was a strange experience, because while I first moved silently, I couldn't see any zombie anywhere. The absence of any zombies I could see and my growling stomach, I just rushed into the town. It was empty. No nothing at all. Apart from some empty cans and a jerry tank full of fuel, it was nothing there to loot. Someone had been here before me. My health slowly draining from the empty whole that was my stomach, I realized I wouldn't survive this. My sight began to fail as the hunger burned inside me. Fog clouded my vision and through I could see that the zombies were starting to come back again. I doubted I could kill them all and running wouldn't help because of the hunger. I remembered that I still had 3 full magazines for my M16A2 on me and 2 spare ones in my bag. I realized what I would have to do.

I readied my rifle and found myself a decent choke point between two houses. I aimed for the head of the zombie closest to me. I fired. The zombie hit the ground immediately,the sound of gunfire bringing his friends running towards me. I switch to burst. No need for ammo conservation this time. The runners came first, falling one after another. Sometimes 2 at a time as my burst hits the for full effect. I don't know how many I've hit, all is foggy now and only a few small seconds can I see clearly. The ground is littered with dead zombies. I got all the runners and were halfway through the jumpers when I had to switch to my M1911 pistol. Only 2 magazines. Many of the crawlers fall to my pistol until I hear the click of the empty gun. I'm out. 3 of the crawlers are right next to me now, I change to flare, check my zombie kills (50+!), and light a flare, welcoming the hungry arms of the zombies as my hunger slowly disappears. I'm no longer hungry, I'm no longer scared. The warmth and light of the flare illuminating me as I finally say goodbye to this cruel world...

I saw zapper i shot zapper i raped zapper's corpse and took the loot

The end
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 18, 2012, 01:02:33 am »

I saw zapper i shot zapper i raped zapper's corpse and took the loot

The end
lol

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2012, 02:24:46 am »
I must have night vision goggles atleast once. Can't wait to go all predator mode and hunt anyone using a lightsource out of the shadows. Can someone post a screen of how nighttime looks with night vision?

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #194 on: May 18, 2012, 02:38:07 am »
Managed to get it working... quit after a few minutes cos it was nighttime and I was on my ones. Might jump on when more people are playing.
Professional poop cleaner