Author Topic: Day Z mod for ARMA II  (Read 152983 times)

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
Re: Day Z mod for ARMA II
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2012, 01:12:12 pm »
While the Mod is fun as hell, they need to work on the spawning... First thing I hear when I spawn in? Massive firefight that is going on all around me.  I managed to run away and while two followed I was able to finish them off with my little pistol, they must have been hurting bad.

Main problem for me is that I'm stuck with the shaking screen because I have no painkillers, makes everything more difficult with not being able to see clearly most of the time. Had a long range firefight at the docks somewhere, still stuck up on a tower there, Enfield seems to be a decent long range weapon.

Edit: Oh and some guy got a chopper up and running and was flying around killing people, rather funny that he stopped to get out and got mobbed by a group of five players out by the ruined castle xD.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 01:14:03 pm by Goldor »

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2012, 01:12:59 pm »
Challenge accepted.

You brought this upon yourself, Tor. 

When asked for a bandit alliance you do not reply with "We'll kill you and take your stuff instead."!

We should chose an unofficial server for all the cRPG(EU) players to hang out at! 22nd is currently on one of the Norwegian servers, where our car is at, however, I'd be up for a change. :P
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2012, 01:50:50 pm »

When asked for a bandit alliance you do not reply with "We'll kill you and take your stuff instead."!

We should chose an unofficial server for all the cRPG(EU) players to hang out at! 22nd is currently on one of the Norwegian servers, where our car is at, however, I'd be up for a change. :P

That wouldn't be a problem if any of the server actually had free slots  :mrgreen:

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2012, 02:00:53 pm »
That wouldn't be a problem if any of the server actually had free slots  :mrgreen:

Well, you'd get into the specific server just like when you try to get into any other server. Spam that enter key!

Protip: Tap both enter keys to double the chance!

Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2012, 02:02:56 pm »
Well, you'd get into the specific server just like when you try to get into any other server. Spam that enter key!

Protip: Tap both enter keys to double the chance!

Yeah I guess this is the only way atm. Ok, I'm fine with the Norway server for cRPG for now. Is there more than one, and if there is, which one?

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2012, 02:08:17 pm »
Yeah I guess this is the only way atm. Ok, I'm fine with the Norway server for cRPG for now. Is there more than one, and if there is, which one?

I suggest one of the DE servers. More central Europe and good ping for everyone. Also, there are more players then you and me, Vibe. We should get more input before deciding. :P
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2012, 02:12:57 pm »
I suggest one of the DE servers. More central Europe and good ping for everyone. Also, there are more players then you and me, Vibe. We should get more input before deciding. :P

Well it doesn't really matter for me anyway, all the EU servers have 30(DE)-60(NOR) ms latency. I'll let others decide, however it might be easier to join other server than the standard EU1-x

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2012, 02:14:37 pm »
+1
Needs to be a Vet server so peoples names don't show up from 10 miles out.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2012, 04:42:43 pm »
+1
Never go AFK for a piss while in cherno.
Turtles

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2012, 05:05:34 pm »
+1
Never go AFK for a piss while in cherno.

No shit :D

Also, interactive map: http://avidblur.com/arma2/

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2012, 05:33:09 pm »
Sooooo, I try to join a server, but after the "receiving..." part, I just get kicked back to the lobby :/

Gonna try later when there's not as much trafic.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2012, 05:40:50 pm »

Well, lets be fair. It wouldnt be much of a challenge if we all teamed up to kill the rest of the server.  8-)

Having a c-rpg war in DayZ is much more interesting!
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2012, 06:25:03 pm »
Sooooo, I try to join a server, but after the "receiving..." part, I just get kicked back to the lobby :/

Gonna try later when there's not as much trafic.

Uh, sorry to tell you this but there's ALWAYS this much traffic :P Try joining another server, if you still get errors you must've done something wrong.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2012, 07:04:14 pm »
Uh, sorry to tell you this but there's ALWAYS this much traffic :P Try joining another server, if you still get errors you must've done something wrong.
Even at 2 AM? (Was thinking of trying then  :mrgreen:)

I tried to join a NA server (yay, not more than 90 ping!) but had the same issue (although that one was half full).

Will try again on a completely empty server.

EDIT: Realised I failed HORRIBLY in describing my problem xD
I can get into a server and choose a spot (role/whatever), but when I try to spawn on the world is when the "Recieving Data" part comes up, goes to about 90% and then stops until I'm disconnected :/

I see Renay has had the exact same problem.
http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1455
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:07:46 pm by Zapper »
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2012, 07:26:25 pm »
Another question guys: Food isnt a problem for me, because you find plenty and do not have to eat that often, but water?

How to refill my bottle without going to the ocean? And I rarely find anything to drink, and you have to drink like every 60 minutes of playing. What happens if my water-bottle symbol turn dark red and I dont have something to drink?

Warlord, if you have a map, some towns have little Water Pump icons even wayyyyyyy inland where you can fill up your water-bottle. Sometimes they're pretty close to Churches, but most times they're tucked away in back yards off the main road passing through a town. I know Gorka has one near the church, Stary has one, Novy has one, and a LOT of further in-land towns and villages typically always have one. Another option you have is to take off your backpack, swim straight without strafing whatsoever, and you can fill up in ponds or lakes.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login