Yes
104 (27.8%)
No
184 (49.2%)
We must wait a lil more
86 (23%)

Total Members Voted: 374

Voting closed: January 08, 2011, 03:08:59 pm

Author Topic: Repair poll  (Read 13659 times)

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
Re: Repair poll
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2011, 10:16:35 pm »
It's like that investigation game. Find the liar.

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2011, 02:49:26 am »
I like it, but I don't like paying for things when I win a round D:
Ca$hville 615

Offline Kimichi

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2011, 06:23:28 am »
I believe part of the decline in players is due to this one aspect of the game.

My opinion is this new system is flawed beyond repair.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2011, 06:54:57 am »
i like repair
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2011, 07:08:42 am »
i like repair
odd since u camp alot   :shock: but i too like repair, less  plated chargers

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2011, 02:44:48 pm »
So most of you can agree that retuning (lowering) repair costs for "normal" items is needed, because it's spoiling the fun, while stuff like plated chargers or tin cans should cost enough to make you lose money in the long run (although their cost is exaggerated right now, one thing is limiting tin cans and plated chargers, another thing is removing them totally).

Offline Infamy

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2011, 10:48:38 pm »
Its not that I am against repair,, it just seems kinda of unbalanced and a pain in the ass.  After I posted this I hit 3 5x streaks in a few hours and made enough to repair +20k.  But about 10 hours of play prior to that, I was never getting more then a x3 for a round or 2 and it killed me trying to wear around 25-30k of equipment.

As it is I just think the repair skill is unbalanced - I mean what is put in the place to counter it? Grinding or getting lucky with 5x - there should be a real counter balance like "Spoils of War" 250 + bonus for the whole team for winning the round - or map or anything to help balance it

Perhaps a skill?

Anything would be better then the current counter balance, which is basically just grinding.

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2011, 11:12:14 pm »
on average i wear 37 000 worth of equipment and i gain very little money overtime.
To not grind as a naked peasant you just have to have a buffer of gold of at least 20 000 so you don't go down to 0 when on bad luck.

if you have trouble with the upkeep don t take  loan in real life, because either you like to live above your means or you are just really bad with math.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2011, 12:40:59 am »
Putting an hard cap on equipment emphazizes on cheap OP weapons (who said "barmace" ?) or playstyles (archery) and grind to play in now ridiculously unbalanced plate armors (which they were NOT pre upkeep) a tenth of the time. Don't you think it's retarded to see people that are naked during 3 rounds then boom they take their black armor for one round  :rolleyes:  yay for immersion.

So yes it failed. This poll isn't far from the truth if you ask everyone that played the mod (so including those who left).

If you really thought the opinions changed, you would have done a new poll, no ?

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2011, 01:35:28 am »
People wearing gear worth of 35k+ need to realize that if you have a hierloomed gear equipped, in game as well as on site the hierloomed gear costs more, but you pay the same repair as for non-hierloomed equivalent. Example, my hierloomed xbow on site as well as in game costs little over 26k, yet I still pay 873 upkeep. My gear shows it's worth 38k, in reality though, it's less than 30k, thus I'm slowly making money. If I would actually use equipment worth of 38k I would slowly lose money.
So be so kind and before posting stuff like "You easily make money while wearing 40k gear", take into consideration your looming, which artificialy increases the cost of the items.

Also, the poll is irrelevant, as it was created and most of the votes given when the upkeep was 20%(?), while now it is 5%. It tells absolutely nothing about current system, so stop making conclusions from it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 01:36:31 am by Nemeth »

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2011, 03:13:12 pm »
People wearing gear worth of 35k+ need to realize that if you have a hierloomed gear equipped, in game as well as on site the hierloomed gear costs more, but you pay the same repair as for non-hierloomed equivalent. Example, my hierloomed xbow on site as well as in game costs little over 26k, yet I still pay 873 upkeep. My gear shows it's worth 38k, in reality though, it's less than 30k, thus I'm slowly making money. If I would actually use equipment worth of 38k I would slowly lose money.
So be so kind and before posting stuff like "You easily make money while wearing 40k gear", take into consideration your looming, which artificialy increases the cost of the items.

Also, the poll is irrelevant, as it was created and most of the votes given when the upkeep was 20%(?), while now it is 5%. It tells absolutely nothing about current system, so stop making conclusions from it.

You should do more research, you must be a new player. The change to upkeep only reduced it by 33%, it decreased cost from 20% to 5% but increased frequency. It's not that huge difference, in fact i need to run in a ninja outfit to make money or break even if my team is bad, i have a low/medium outfit that would allow me to keep money constant in the long run, but what's the point, where's the progression to better gear ? I'm not talking about uber gear, but something decent so you don't get 1-2 shot by some random arrows, also throwers will still oneshot even in plate, while they can stay naked/in cloth while throwing with a shield for protection.

There are no more plated chargers or 2handers in black armor. Upkeep needs to be reduced to properly play this game, masterwork weapons and the fact that a weapon is only 1 slot (so it doesn't put the equip cost through the roof), unbalances the game in favour of attack, and in favor of ranged attacks especially.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2011, 03:35:26 pm »
Ok then, still 1/3 decrase in upkeep is HUGE (do the math yourself).
Also I don't know what you are wearing, but on my 1h+shield with gear worth of bit over 30k (huscarl, knightly arming sword, heraldic mail armor, great helm, mail gloves and boots) I can easily survive several arrows in the back and I'm still making money. I could wear better armor and break even. If you wanna progression to better gear, go play WoW, chadz said himself he's not trying to create a free MMO and I don't think crying on the forum you want this mod to be like one is gonna change his mind.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2011, 03:47:00 pm »
There are no more plated chargers or 2handers in black armor. Upkeep needs to be reduced to properly play this game, masterwork weapons and the fact that a weapon is only 1 slot (so it doesn't put the equip cost through the roof), unbalances the game in favour of attack, and in favor of ranged attacks especially.

Given you can upkeep 10K-15K armours in most cases (unless you are some sort of expensive hybrid), and plate in some cases (with cheaper weapons)... well, truth be told it's only a problem of excessive pierce weapons which chew up any armour as if it wasn't there (see: throwing, some melee weapons with high pierce) which is made worse by heirlooming.

Of course, most people haven't gotten around to heirlooming armour yet - mostly because it's not worth it that much, of course, a good weapon is more important then good armour. But, say, a coat of plates with mail gauntlets is 56 body armour rating and you can bring it up with a silly amount of retirements up to 68 body armour - and I could upkeep that and a good melee weapon. Even 10K armours can be heirloomed up to 60ish body armour. But again... lots of retirements needed, and when you look at it so many things have high pierce values and don't care, plus mid-range throwing two shots 60ish body armour anyway.

The only place I found plate to be really useful was arrows, melee with heirloomed weapons slice it like you were wearing mail anyway.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Halevolm

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Haargrim
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2011, 03:48:14 pm »
I can't understand what is so hard in the upkeep system. When you don't use very expensive equip. you gain gold fast and with expensive gear you lose or make just little bit gold.
And you don't even need very special equipment to be succesful, I have topped scoreboard with leather jerkin armor and 5k sword and heavy crossbow.
I have 120k gold just sitting around have bought almost every ladder etc. half a dozen diffrent armors and even more weapons.
If you want gold, play with lower tier gear. What's the problem?  :shock:

Offline Raskolnikov

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2011, 03:31:34 am »
"Voting closed: January 08, 2011, 13:08:5"

What is this pointless poll still doing around here? People are linking to it to 'prove' that the patch is generally reviled amongst the cRPG community.

The upkeep has been changed since then. This is does not represent the majority of communities feelings towards the (wonderful! brilliant! perfect! :) ) patch.