Yes
104 (27.8%)
No
184 (49.2%)
We must wait a lil more
86 (23%)

Total Members Voted: 374

Voting closed: January 08, 2011, 03:08:59 pm

Author Topic: Repair poll  (Read 13655 times)

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
Re: Repair poll
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2011, 05:24:20 am »
I was playing earlier and my stones and my wrapping boots got damaged AT THE SAME TIME! It cost me a total of 0g to make those repairs. Do you know how long it takes to make up that much money?

Yes because everyone wants to play with stones and wrapping boots. That's why we play this mod. I suggest a namechange to clothstonemod.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2011, 05:56:52 am »
Is your sarcasm detector working?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2011, 06:46:35 am »
Oh wow, once I upgraded to throwing lances I paid 2320 in one round. Still a net gain though.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2011, 07:38:33 am »
Cstonerpg mod

Offline JesseGreen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2011, 08:15:43 am »
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

The mod had problems, but it seems like they could have been fixed by putting in the level 30 cap, which they did. Everything about this repair system has just been terrible. The people who were rich are getting richer, the people who were poor are stuck being poor and the people who were doing ok are getting fucked.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 08:16:47 am by JesseGreen »

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2011, 08:37:07 am »
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

The mod had problems, but it seems like they could have been fixed by putting in the level 30 cap, which they did. Everything about this repair system has just been terrible. The people who were rich are getting richer, the people who were poor are stuck being poor and the people who were doing ok are getting fucked.

Im not sure what mod YOU are playing but Ive only managed to loose money by having x1 multiplier for a LONG time, while consistantly spawning with Barbutte, Brigandine, Warbow, 2x Bodkins, gloves&boots, and a toptier 1h or 2h weapon.......which is 25-30k of gear.....I could make REALLY good money by using just 10k of gear; Ill fix your post:

Everything about this repair system has just been terrible GREAT. The people who were rich are smart are getting richer, the people who were poor are stuck being poor gaining levels and getting richer, and the people who were doing ok using very expensive items as a crutch for poor gaming skills are getting fucked.

There. sorted that for you, no need to thank me!

EDIT: Who is this THEY? "They did this"...."THEY" broke the game....."They" should make a new patch....WHO IS THIS THEY??!!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 08:38:34 am by Grey »
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline schionatulander

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2011, 01:35:32 pm »
In a way I find the repair costs system good because it motivates to win rounds. But when my team loses several rounds, my money melts away. With multiplicator 1x I pay much more then I gain. I would suggest to lower the repair costs about 25% so one gets more opportunities to earn some money and buy some new equipment.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2011, 02:20:15 pm »
In a way I find the repair costs system good because it motivates to win rounds. But when my team loses several rounds, my money melts away. With multiplicator 1x I pay much more then I gain. I would suggest to lower the repair costs about 25% so one gets more opportunities to earn some money and buy some new equipment.

The repair cost is fine, you need to equip less expensive items.
silly people xD

One handed swords & axes could use a decrease in price, every sword except the side sword.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:24:40 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2011, 02:48:13 pm »
EDIT: Just noticed how old this thread was, making the posting pointless.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:50:21 pm by Leesin »

Offline Ludvig_cz

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2011, 03:33:01 pm »
Hi first what I want to say that repair system is a really good idea but its for everyone too expensive.  For example I cant use my horse becose I must repair him even if he wasnt hurt or killed in one round and for my desert horse its 806 gold for round. So I sold an armor and I bought only Turban, nomad armor, nomad shoes, and leather gloves. I have Khergit bow, 2x bodakins arows and scimitar (not elite).  But still I am in red numbers. So what can I use? only stumper horse, throwing stones and wooden sword and after that I can earn some money? Hey please lower that repair prices. I had 35000 and now I have only 1600 cose I pay 806 for horse 240 for bow 2x 280 for arows 90 for armor 15 for gloves. 30 for turban and its a really to much its unplayable.
Before two weeks (with different char cose I send him to retairment) I had a heavy armor, shield and one handed axe.  And I pay for repairs to much money every round (again even when I wasnt hurt or shield wasnt broken) That I was on 0 gold... so I must fight naked, but I was kicked twice. I tryed explein my situation to admin but he still answering me that he dont want a naked warriors on his server again and again........ (maybe he is from catholic school)
SO PLEASE LOWER THAT PRICES FOR REPAIRS!

Ps: is here somewhere a list of equipment and prices for repairs?? pls send me a link if it exist.  ยจ
sry for my bad english.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2011, 05:02:58 pm »
SOLUTION!

Stop wearing heavy armor/expensive shields, and stop being an useless cavalry/HA :D

Offline Ache

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2011, 05:19:05 pm »
I knew that this forum is filled with whining people, (184; 49,2% so many  :shock: )
but repair system is 100% OK, i can play with equipment worth 30.000 - 40.000 gold and i still earn some money.

Stop whining and dont use cheap stereotypes like that. ^^
(You have stolen that sentence from Civilizations IV  :D )

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2011, 05:20:56 pm »
I started an alt the other day, within a few hours i had enough money to buy throwing lances.

Everyones argument is invalid. Learn to micro manage.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2011, 05:26:35 pm »
Like any expensive thing since the patch. The price of lances is not in buying them. It's in upkeep.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2011, 05:30:47 pm »
The system is good, anyone who chose the second option is someone who can't manage their income and expenses properly.
Yes you can't run around in plate forever, but is it that bad? You can still use it and youll actually learn to play, for once.

After this patch, I've seen a big increase in blocking skills of the crpg community overall. Which is great!
Don't mind the fish.