Poll

Do you want see ladders in cRPG again

YES , I WANT see ladders like a some months ago
Only on siege servers
Only on Strategus battels
No i dont want see ladders in cRPG

Author Topic: Please return ladder in cRPG  (Read 4714 times)

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Please return ladder in cRPG
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2012, 02:53:45 am »
I still like my idea from before though.  If ladders MUST come back then make them craftable.  10-15 pieces to build one ladder then construction site dissapears.  Would help eliminate the ladder spam.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2012, 03:04:03 am »
Oh.  I was thinking that the bomb would only damage siege ladders.  I didn't know that this used to damage players as well.

They used to damage players, but that's not what I was suggesting. I don't know what Joker's thinking.

I just understood that you want have Firebombs working like hand grenades. But I admit you didn't write it would kill the archers, like I thought, so never mind.

But this just lets me ask myself how would firebombs that kill ladders help infantry to kill archers on a roof? If anything, it would make it more difficult  :?

Ah, I see, the bombs are meant for siege.

Well, actually I am not against ladders in siege in general, but I think maps should get changed accordingly. But judging from the maps the developers used to approve I fear there will be done nothing about it. Apparently developers LOVE maps which favour 5-0 results. Like one team spawning in a valley, the other team spawning on a hill. Or one team spawning on a field, the other team spawning in a village. Or even both combinations. And similar stuff, which makes the outcomes of some battles really interesting  :rolleyes:
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2012, 03:20:54 am »
I just understood that you want have Firebombs working like hand grenades. But I admit you didn't write it would kill the archers, like I thought, so never mind.

But this just lets me ask myself how would firebombs that kill ladders help infantry to kill archers on a roof? If anything, it would make it more difficult  :?

I think in battle, the firebombs would only work if you can manage to land one AS somebody was going up making them take fall damage.  Otherwise, it would serve no real purpose.  I did mean for it to be a siege tool though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2012, 10:53:01 am »
Oh.  I was thinking that the bomb would only damage siege ladders.  I didn't know that this used to damage players as well.

they insta killed players on exploding, but before they exploded it lasted like 20 seconds and you could see the bomb is about to explode as it was smoking. so everybody had enough time to avoid them. they were not really usable in the battle except for throwing inside buildings or roofs to make the people go out. once they exploded the earth around them was on fire for a few seconds and you couldn't pass through there. so if you threw multiple of them, you could block a pathway for a few seconds. they were introduced as a solution to XP barn camping.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!