Author Topic: Endless Space - For all you 4X lovers out there  (Read 3583 times)

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
Re: Endless Space - For all you 4X lovers out there
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 08:05:47 pm »
It's worse.

The turns in multiplayer are simultaneous. When everyone has done their turn, the turn ends.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 08:20:46 pm »
That's retarded. I guess no multiplayer for me then, don't have a whole day (or the patience) to sit and wait in real time for random people to finish their turns. :)

They should've done it like it's in Frozen Synapse, where you make your turn whenever you have time to play, send it, wait up to couple of days for the oponent to make his etc.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Zen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 02:04:43 pm »
Hello!

Endless Space has a free weekend on steam this weekend, so go try it out if you're interested.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 08:56:24 am »
Hello!

Endless Space has a free weekend on steam this weekend, so go try it out if you're interested.

Thanks for this. I had a free weekend that just disappeared with trying out Endless Space. Ended up buying it since it was worth it at the discounted price.

It is fun even with the turns and the fucking expansion hate that apparently people in an empire dislike. Makes no sense but w/e.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Zen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 09:21:08 am »
Glad you liked it. It is quite an addictive little game. They still have one free DLC to release within a few weeks, iirc, and then an expansion set for release sometime mid next year, I believe. I always have my taxes as low as possible so I don't really notice expansion disapproval. I don't like taxes, because I usually play Sophons who get science benefits the lower your tax rate is. But you can reduce expansion disapproval with the exploration techs.

I guess my post did do some good after all. I have to say, I'm a huge fan of this studio. Their "Games2Gether" system is good fun and back in Alpha the community influenced quite a lot in the development. Nowadays it's mainly about achievements and the occasional new feature(latest free DLC pack added a bunch of ambience, a direct result of G2G votes). And if I was living in Paris I'd be at their office fairly often since they organize "Beer2Gether" evenings with their fans there, but they also organize them when they're travelling(one was in Vienna). Pretty cool dudes.

I can't wait to see what game they'll create after Endless Space since I'd assume they would have a little more funds available for development.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 04:17:51 pm »
Glad you liked it. It is quite an addictive little game. They still have one free DLC to release within a few weeks, iirc, and then an expansion set for release sometime mid next year, I believe. I always have my taxes as low as possible so I don't really notice expansion disapproval. I don't like taxes, because I usually play Sophons who get science benefits the lower your tax rate is. But you can reduce expansion disapproval with the exploration techs.

I guess my post did do some good after all. I have to say, I'm a huge fan of this studio. Their "Games2Gether" system is good fun and back in Alpha the community influenced quite a lot in the development. Nowadays it's mainly about achievements and the occasional new feature(latest free DLC pack added a bunch of ambience, a direct result of G2G votes). And if I was living in Paris I'd be at their office fairly often since they organize "Beer2Gether" evenings with their fans there, but they also organize them when they're travelling(one was in Vienna). Pretty cool dudes.

I can't wait to see what game they'll create after Endless Space since I'd assume they would have a little more funds available for development.

That "Beer2Gether" little thing sounds fucking rad.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 05:21:34 pm »

Yeah I know you can reduce it with tech but its annoying in the beginning since you can't expand too much without running into potential issues with happiness. However its still a really fun game and it seems more fun with more computers in the mix rather than only a couple since none of the computers really go to war for a while.

I did screw up last time I played and I modified the explorers and defenders for my faction then I had an issue with one of the nearby factions deciding they wanted one of my outposts 1 link away from theirs. So I clicked on the defenders 2 twice and sent them off once they were both finished. When they arrived I immediately attacked. At that point I realized that I had sent 2 explorers rather than 2 defenders. They did eventually win since I had added more defense and kinetics to them but that could have been a real stupid mistake. One of those d'oh moments.

And they seem like pretty cool guys if they're hosting parties for their fans to come by and drink with them.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Zen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 02:20:40 am »
Just to let you guys know. In the past months they've added a bunch of new content, so if you played it last time at release or something, feel free to try it again. It's getting constant content updates, while they work on the expansion.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Zen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013, 06:05:24 pm »
New patch being released tonight: http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/content.php?263-Virtual-Awakening-Release-Notes

And it's on 50% sale the entire week so ptx can finally buy it.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 10:34:33 am »
I think I shall get this game, it looks really fun and this thread has convinced me that I shall enjoy it ^^
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 01:18:06 pm »
Anyone tried Sword of the Stars 1/2 ?

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 01:50:19 pm »
i played it a while back, i heard they included more videos?

As for the last time i played it, i didn't found the atmosphere that good(perhaps because i just missed these little landing videos of my colonizers like in moo2). Research was a bit strange, you are more or less forced to take an even approach on all 4 trees to get several key techs as without them you would fall back too much.
The race creation could also get a bit more depths. I am still playing Moo2 from time to time with the community patches. Nothing goes above good UniTol/Tel

Overall i got bored after a couple of games.

I got both, friends of me still play the first till the second has its final stage reached.
I like to stick with the second now trying the new AI race  :mrgreen:
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 01:52:54 pm »
A different type of 4X game, and, imho, endlessly better. At least the first one. The 2nd part was released unfinished and broken, not sure if it has been patched to a playable state by now.

Endless Space i found boring, was bored after my first game, really. And i like 4X games, a lot.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2013, 01:57:49 pm »
I played Orion 2 years back and quite liked it. I only discovered SOTS in my steam shelf like two days ago. Curse that Paradox package, having me look up games I already own to know what they are.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2013, 01:59:54 pm »
The first SotS is a somewhat fast paced 4X game, with very limited micromanagement (next to none) and focus on strategic decisions, whilst also having rather sweet space combat, that you can control in real time.