Author Topic: Trade Cut  (Read 3931 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Trade Cut
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2012, 04:33:03 pm »
Yeah, unlike governments. Go back to school, bro.

Lol, libertarians. The only thing more naive and less in touch with reality than commies. Although, I am forgetting anarchists, they're even more ridiculous, both the capitalist and commie versions.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2012, 04:48:41 pm »
Well of course, the meanings of Republican and Democrat also have an uniquely American meaning, that isn't necessarily linked to the ideology that spawned the term. This is true in some other countries as well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2012, 05:05:53 pm »
Yes. Wasn't directed at your post specifically Oberyn, but just as a general reminder that differences in political symbolism can make international discussion difficult.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2012, 06:24:41 pm »
+3
Getting to 31 then being able to simply sell the loom on the market is a really good addition for real newbs, they will generally end up more wealthy sooner, even if there is a 5% tax. The price will go up a bit to cover the tax but prices will generally not rise as quickly as before imo

The ability to buy/sell loom points directly on the market is great b/c it streamlines and secures, but noobs are still making 5% less by default.  If someone makes the mistake of looming something to +1 and then regretting it that's their fault, going from level 1 to 31 as a noob gives you plenty of time to read about selling looms on the forums.

The 5% tax is by far worse on less wealthy players because the margin for profit is much lower.  People who made their millions aren't getting it by playing 24/7 (although some are I suppose), most are making it from buying low & selling high, often getting 50k+ a pop.  Now however the ability to gain gold on the market is restricted and it will take far longer to see benefits.

(click to show/hide)

TLDR The rich are already rich; the system just makes it harder for other people to get richer.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2012, 11:52:21 pm »
I think the problem here is we do not see the full picture. By the full picture I mean the whole picture that we will have after a few more patches. Devs said that there will be more nerfs to the gold. This was just the first step.

Mrshine, I think the point here was to make the profits for player B and player C lower. That they were able to make money regularly, to be able to use expensive equipment all the time. This was to cut their profit so their money can begin to diminish.
Note: I wouldn't call Player A richer by the way. It's just that, he got quick cash or whatsoever.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2012, 12:47:14 am »
+1
I think the problem here is we do not see the full picture. By the full picture I mean the whole picture that we will have after a few more patches. Devs said that there will be more nerfs to the gold. This was just the first step.

Mrshine, I think the point here was to make the profits for player B and player C lower. That they were able to make money regularly, to be able to use expensive equipment all the time. This was to cut their profit so their money can begin to diminish.
Note: I wouldn't call Player A richer by the way. It's just that, he got quick cash or whatsoever.

I have two responses:

1- Gold gained from trading looms is nothing compared to gold gained by selling loompoints.  If the point was to prevent people from wearing whatever they want it completely fails.  Even if I sold a loompoint for 300k I could wear pretty much whatever I wanted the entire gen and still have gold leftover.

2- Gear balance based on upkeep became trivial as soon as the marketplace came into existence.  I don't know why there is a push to try to balance based on repairs anymore, there is too great a disparity between the haves and the have nots that anything that is implemented to hurt the 'haves' will completely fuck over the 'have nots', and anything designed to be gentle to the 'have nots' will be completely trivial to the 'haves'.  Honestly it would be best if the devs simply dropped any hopes to balance based on repair cost... it was a bad system from the start tbh.

Why is there a war on the rich anyways?  Why exactly is it so bad that there is a lot of gold in the system? It's not like the poorer players are hurt by the rich having a lot of money, if anything more money in the system is GOOD for newer players to get over that original gold barrier.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:55:40 am by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2012, 12:52:58 am »
2- Gear balance based on upkeep became trivial as soon as the marketplace came into existence.  I don't know why there is a push to try to balance based on repairs anymore, there is too great a disparity between the haves and the have nots that anything that is implemented to hurt the 'haves' will completely fuck over the 'have nots', and anything designed to be gentle to the 'have nots' will be completely trivial to the 'haves'.  Honestly it would be best if the devs simply dropped any hopes to balance based on repair cost... it was a bad system from the start tbh.
1+! Now buff that fucking Dadao!!!
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2012, 08:49:22 am »
Lol, libertarians. The only thing more naive and less in touch with reality than commies. Although, I am forgetting anarchists, they're even more ridiculous, both the capitalist and commie versions.

In time, all the fools will get their hats.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2012, 08:22:05 pm »
I have two responses:

1- Gold gained from trading looms is nothing compared to gold gained by selling loompoints.  If the point was to prevent people from wearing whatever they want it completely fails.  Even if I sold a loompoint for 300k I could wear pretty much whatever I wanted the entire gen and still have gold leftover.

Why is there a war on the rich anyways?  Why exactly is it so bad that there is a lot of gold in the system? It's not like the poorer players are hurt by the rich having a lot of money, if anything more money in the system is GOOD for newer players to get over that original gold barrier.
Then let me respond:
1- You are right. I personally have 3 mw items and over 1 million gold; and planning to go above level 30 as a horse archer. Since, I won't retire anymore I won't have any more loompoints to sell. So, I was trying to make money with trading. Because I know my gold will slowly diminish and I am looking ways to prevent this being happen. Since this might force me to use cheaper equipment from time to time (which will hardly happen still) I can see why devs want to put this system. Cutting the way of making easy money or encouraging people to retire to be able to wear expensive shit. As easily realized, it's far from being useful. But again, let me repeat myself we are not seeing the full picture we will have in the future. The devs said this is just a beginning, and more "cuts" will come (or am I seeing hallucinations?)

2-Can't agree more. As I have explained (what you all knew already), the current is still not fully effective to balance things out. Actually trying to make balance with the gold is fully effective. Millionaires are still have enough money to do what they want, it just becomes harder and harder for the low classes of calradia. But, let's not forget repairs and trade cuts actually do have some results in terms of statistics. Some people were forced to plan what gear should be using, while some older players remained untouched. Meaning that in a battle 30vs30, there won't be 20 knights per team, but only 3-4 ones. Meaning that, it was "macro" not "micro". After all, both teams do have same chance to win in principle (without a banner balance of course). Which is something I like that it was rewarding older, experienced and clever players. I know many people will not agree but I think, "macro" balance is better than "micro" balance. After all, it is possible to gain the upper hand in 1v1 but not in 30v30 (at least in principle).
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2012, 09:31:16 pm »
An increased tax on trading will only foster "blackmarket" activities, more prone to scamming.

Thus the established traders with an already good rep will get even more action and better margins.

Add fancy novelty items as goldsinks, or a 4th heirloompoint for 10 million gold.

Offline GauisMarius

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Uhtred
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2012, 09:08:51 pm »
+1
Prices are being raised so players don't lose money due to the trade cut. Which is not good for buyers.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2012, 04:34:58 pm »
Prices are being raised so players don't lose money due to the trade cut. Which is not good for buyers.

then don't buy them..and prices will fall.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2012, 04:51:00 pm »
then don't buy them..and prices will fall.
And you seriously think that's gonna happen?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2012, 05:38:02 pm »
RIght now sellers have raised prices on loompoints, mostly cuz surprisingly the supply hasn't really increased even with easier selling method, but I don't see prices of actual heirloom items going up. If anything they've dropped 5% cuz gross prices have stayed the same, but sellers are eating the 5% cut.