Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online  (Read 44640 times)

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2012, 09:29:14 pm »
+2
Morrowind is challenging only if you don't know what to do at start.

1) Spawn in Seyda Neen
2) Go to Balmora, search guard tower for decent magical sword
3) Steal some high gems from magic trader
4) Sell them to rat in Caldera
5) Go to Ebonheart
6) Steal some shit there
7) Sell them to rat in Caldera

Use that gold to buy/enchant items of your liking and you're prepared for everything that awaits you.

NERD!!!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2012, 02:17:20 am »
+2
And get your speech skill up too so you can taunt people at will. Loved taunting guards then killing them or killing people I needed to kill for quests out in the open w/o penalty.

I now want to play morrowind on my pc. Lol.

Anyone know if getting morrowind through steam would be ok or if I'd be better off ordering a copy through amazon or something for installing mods?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2012, 02:51:05 pm »
+1
Yeah but it shouldn't have to be fixed with mods made by players. But perhaps they're used to that by now so they don't care to make the best game they can now.

Well of course everybody would want a perfect game, but at least bethsoft is among the few studios that really support modders, so that makes up for it largely. Also, many mods are sidegrades for the vanilla game, some people like them, some don't.

Offline Pewpew

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • konspire like bosnik t`urk,e
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bj/boa
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2012, 06:51:24 am »
+2
Well I dont really care for the whole "TES IS SP YOUR RUINING IT"

Although my problem is I am certain they will dumb it down for noobs, that or they will just make it like guild wars 2.

If that happens... who knows ill prolly just end my life  :|
(click to show/hide)

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2012, 09:34:44 am »
+1
Well of course everybody would want a perfect game, but at least bethsoft is among the few studios that really support modders, so that makes up for it largely. Also, many mods are sidegrades for the vanilla game, some people like them, some don't.

True but it just feels like a lot of mods are just fixing bugs and glitches in the vanilla game rather than sidegrades.

It is nice that they support modders though. Just wish they took some of the ideas and ran with it for the next TES game. People want more than a hack and slash. They want it to be immersive and more detailed. Hell I loved how books in morrowind were quests in and of themselves to read an entire series and how they were actually fun to read. And that was a minor thing.

Its just my opinion and I could rant about it and I imagine many others already have. So I'll just be glad they allow modders to do their work.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2012, 05:56:11 pm »
+1
True but it just feels like a lot of mods are just fixing bugs and glitches in the vanilla game rather than sidegrades.

It is nice that they support modders though. Just wish they took some of the ideas and ran with it for the next TES game. People want more than a hack and slash. They want it to be immersive and more detailed. Hell I loved how books in morrowind were quests in and of themselves to read an entire series and how they were actually fun to read. And that was a minor thing.

Its just my opinion and I could rant about it and I imagine many others already have. So I'll just be glad they allow modders to do their work.

At least between Oblivion and Skyrim, I can guarantee you they really did look at the popular mods to correct their game. There are soooo many issues in vanilla Oblivion that don't appear in Skyrim. Such as leveling, psychic guards, leveling, sneak, leveling, merchants, persuasion (ok they simply removed the stupid minigame), leveling, combat AI... did I mention leveling ? All those issues were fixed by popular mods for Oblivion, and the TES devs sometimes very blatantly copied the modders to make Fallout 3 then Skyrim. Also, some new features of Skyrim come from mods in previous games, such as the final strike animations.

The problem is that, even with all the inspiration coming from mods, making new content such as quests is a very resource-consuming activity, you can't really expect them to improve the quantity and quality of quests unless they start generating them automatically like in daggerfall (which woud let them concentrate the work of quest writers towards the "quality quests", the program taking care of the "quantity quests".

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2012, 03:49:30 am »
+2
Morrowind is challenging only if you don't know what to do at start.

1) Spawn in Seyda Neen
2) Go to Balmora, search guard tower for decent magical sword
3) Steal some high gems from magic trader
4) Sell them to rat in Caldera
5) Go to Ebonheart
6) Steal some shit there
7) Sell them to rat in Caldera

Use that gold to buy/enchant items of your liking and you're prepared for everything that awaits you.
Or you don't whore it like that and just play the main quest with some side quests and have fun.
Playing it the way you are saying kind of cheating imo. CHEATER FUCK.
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2012, 05:31:24 am »
At least between Oblivion and Skyrim, I can guarantee you they really did look at the popular mods to correct their game. There are soooo many issues in vanilla Oblivion that don't appear in Skyrim. Such as leveling, psychic guards, leveling, sneak, leveling, merchants, persuasion (ok they simply removed the stupid minigame), leveling, combat AI... did I mention leveling ?

You mentioned leveling? I didn't notice.

But yes leveling was night and day between oblivion and skyrim which was a nice change. I do appreciate what they tried to do with oblivion but it didn't work out as intended. I liked the ability to persuade people in morrowind better than either skyrim or oblivion but primarily because I could taunt people.

All those issues were fixed by popular mods for Oblivion, and the TES devs sometimes very blatantly copied the modders to make Fallout 3 then Skyrim. Also, some new features of Skyrim come from mods in previous games, such as the final strike animations.

Did not know the final strike animations came from modders. That's pretty cool. Should just hire those modders rather than steal their work.

The problem is that, even with all the inspiration coming from mods, making new content such as quests is a very resource-consuming activity, you can't really expect them to improve the quantity and quality of quests unless they start generating them automatically like in daggerfall (which woud let them concentrate the work of quest writers towards the "quality quests", the program taking care of the "quantity quests".

Never played daggerfall myself so I don't know the quality of the game. I only have reviews to go off of and I won't use that to base any judgement about the game.

My main gripe is that there are quality mods for the games that obviously improve the game or make it more fun that seems like an obvious thing for them to include in the original game. Like making the final battles more like a final battle rather than a skirimish (Oblivion's battle with the gates and skyrim's civil war). That irked me a lot. Or having much better spells than they had in the game. Or the ability to control a city or fort (Mainly skyrim I believe. Not sure if oblivion had any mods for this).

Plus I want more freedom. I would like the ability to make my own faction or merc guild. Outfit soldiers and work for a house or city or empire. That's my own gripe though that has nothing to do with the game itself but is something I'd love to be able to do in a TES game.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2013, 06:35:17 pm »
+1

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2013, 06:47:57 pm »
+1
Y u no post Youtube link. Lol viddler.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2013, 06:50:45 pm »
I dont get whats some people's beef with Skyrim and effort to prove how cool they are simply cause they still digg Morrowind. Ive found Skyrim rather awesome. Its just another one of those hipsterlogical things were its: "I am better than you, cause I like the older version, Morrowind", I am so superior, you are clearly brainwashed by corprate lies while I havent. :rolleyes: I never got into Morrowind really due to its lame combatmechanic and the lack of quicktravel was rather moodkilling. Nobody here really gave any exact reason why Morrowind was better.

Mybe you just think its better due to the nostalgic times you had? Its like me and the "Heroes of Might and magic" series. I am a fan of the old ones, absolutely hate the new ones, but I dont know why. I can think of lots of pointless reasons, but deep down I know its probably the nostalgic feeling.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2013, 07:53:16 pm »
I dont get whats some people's beef with Skyrim and effort to prove how cool they are simply cause they still digg Morrowind. Ive found Skyrim rather awesome. Its just another one of those hipsterlogical things were its: "I am better than you, cause I like the older version, Morrowind", I am so superior, you are clearly brainwashed by corprate lies while I havent. :rolleyes: I never got into Morrowind really due to its lame combatmechanic and the lack of quicktravel was rather moodkilling. Nobody here really gave any exact reason why Morrowind was better.

Mybe you just think its better due to the nostalgic times you had? Its like me and the "Heroes of Might and magic" series. I am a fan of the old ones, absolutely hate the new ones, but I dont know why. I can think of lots of pointless reasons, but deep down I know its probably the nostalgic feeling.

I liked Oblivion more than Skyrim as well tbh.

Skyrim felt so weird ugh i dunno. Got it on release and like 1 week or so after i got bored. And was a 7/10 max.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2013, 09:09:55 pm »
Like I said(or I hope I did). Its really a matter of oppinion really. Usually Morrowind fanboys act all smug and superior near other TES games fans. Like they have the most right to talk about the series simply cause they like the older one and also cause they spent more gamehours on playing TES, since Morowind does take somewhat forever to finish. Also one thing that reeeeallly scaring  me away was the "shitinpants" or "ivegotabigjunkinmypants" runninganimation.

Offline CaveSquirrel

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 40
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ayween_the_Quail
  • IRC nick: CaveSquirrel
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2013, 09:12:17 pm »
Application for closed beta's starting today.

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2013, 01:36:58 am »

While I am a morrowind fanboy I liked skyrim. It had vastly better combat than morrowind that's for sure. I liked the story for morrowind better and the freedom more though.

The perks for skyrim was so much better than oblivion's idea of leveling. I like the idea.

But skyrim doesn't come close to the ability to get your ass kicked when you wander into a vampire lair at level 7. I dislike the fact that everything is leveled to you. Although it backfires on morrowind when you enchant everything with super powerful enchantments and you cannot die to anything in late game. Course skyrim has that problem too but not as bad as morrowind did.

I do agree that it is partly nostalgic but not entirely. Morrowind's animations were hilarious though.