Author Topic: Suggestion: Noob server  (Read 2242 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Re: Suggestion: Noob server
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 09:54:50 pm »
hopeless...

crpg community is retarded

lol so true.

I think a newbie server is in place now more than ever. Us oldmy old friends started out in a different time where skill levels were way more diverse than now..
I'm not even sure if I would play this game had I started now.

The average skill level is just so much higher and It's hard and frustrating as fuck on the battlefield, even for vets.

Generally speaking, it's much more HOW to do the noob server right.
Perhaps one can be allowed to play on it if one has clocked less than 100 hours in cRPG. After that, let's say one can join, but only in peasantgear and lowered stats. (!)

That way the noobserver could be a fun place for the vets as well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 10:12:04 pm »
Let's improve your suggestion a bit

1. If your k\d more than 0.75 = you cant equip weapons\armors\horses at this server
2. If your level is more than 24 = you cant equip weapons\armors\horses at this server
3. If your overall k\d is more than 1 - you forced to play only at this server without armor and weapons up to your level 14. After this you cant use this server at all.
4. Double exp rate for this noobfest

Offline Akashi

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kurdistan
  • Game nicks: Narmin
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 10:49:28 pm »
doesn't make since to me, then admins wouldn't join. that would be a place for leechers in my opinion

Offline PikeDan

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro Fide, pro utilitate hominum
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Pikedan
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 11:09:38 pm »
Allow people over a certain gen to join, but at heavily reduced stats and/or a cost cap, so they wouldn't be able to use top-tier gear. A good way for newbies to learn the ropes that isn't as relentless as the whole "get killed 10000 times on battle, get one kill" thing on battle.
Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is our oath.

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 11:10:28 pm »
doesn't make since to me, then admins wouldn't join. that would be a place for leechers in my opinion

Admins could join, they couldnt be able to join a faction and play on it though.
They can do their job as an admin from spectator.
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 11:58:15 pm »
+2
I love the idea of reversing the role

but sadly I know lot of people that could own even at low lvl and with stick...

and it's much more frustrating to be killed by a stick gentlemen then by a fellow tin can
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline RiPLeY_II

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SHoDaN_THe_SHieLDBReaKeR, RiPLeY_THe_TaLeNTeD
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 02:43:28 am »
I'm ok with this. I remember when i started you still gained xp from nearby kills, so i just followed one of the many tincans on the battlefield trying to get someone with my pitch fork :D, and hiding behind buildings just in order to get killed near the battle and still get xp.

Now a noob has nothing to do in a server, no purpose at all. So I'd say a noob server where only 30 or below level and just 3rd generation maximum are allowed to enter. No alts, just mains. This way the server is kept with new players and the number of looms is low, and no 1st gen maxlevelers in it.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012, 10:48:26 am »
+1
Don't worry I'm setting up a server in Australia, so it'll all be sorted out.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2012, 10:51:40 am »
You don't get a lot better playing with other noob players. The most skill increase I ever saw for me was playing versus really good players. Yes you're getting owned, but shit, man up and you'll be good one day too. (this goes for most games, not just Warband)

noob server = bad idea (even for noobs)

As for being completely new to Warband, best is to go play with tutorial bots and learn how to block. No need for a special server for that.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 10:55:12 am by Vibe »

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2012, 10:54:22 am »
imo it should be (mostly if not completely) by K:D ratio (for all your chars) based. K:D ratio may not be the optimal formula, but from all I can think of it still represents the skill in a best way.

it could work in this way:
- if you have K:D on veteran servers below 1:2 you're allowed to play on noob servers without penalty
- but at the same time if you have K:D on noob server above 2:1 you can't play there without a penalty
- K:D ratio would be measure after you would get like 400 kills on each of the server type. before you could play anywhere without limits.

this way the access would be a bit restricted to those that play already decently on veteran servers. and those that would master the noob server would be forced to go to veteran one. still you could join noob servers (with penalties of course) anytime - so for example if you play with your beginner friends you still can play together.

- penalty could be limited gear access, reduced stats and not gaining any multiplier
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2012, 10:58:32 am »
You don't get a lot better playing with other noob players. The most skill increase I ever saw for me was playing versus really good players. Yes you're getting owned, but shit, man up and you'll be good one day too. (this goes for most games, not just Warband)

noob server = bad idea (even for noobs)

skills, skills, skills, skills... and what about fun? btw i don't believe you learn anything when playing against freaks like phyrex if you suck. the only thing it can be good for is to get disgusted by your game performance and leave the game one day (completely).

hell i can see it on my 2 flatmates and the other friend how they struggle..... even after all those basics i explained and trained with them outside crpg. i can't even imagine sbdy new that comes without any training from experienced player into crpg that would have fun longer than a few days. (unless he is really dedicated - but how many are like this).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:01:34 am by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2012, 01:10:37 pm »
how about having well dedicated admins functioning as commanders?  they are the only high level/old players allowed on the servers,  and they can organize  fights,  help in game with any trouble etc.  I think that would up the experience a lot for new players.

also,  imagine the feeling for a new player to join a real server for the first time,  it will be a hole new feeling of "leveling up"

so i would say:  mandatory noob server up  to firs gen level 18,  optional to join up to first gen level 28 (no respeccing, total amount of xp must count),  than the have to go to the normal servers
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2012, 01:32:03 pm »
+1
It's also important to keep a noob server populated.

So there should be a reason for vets to go there and have fun.

My suggestion is that all vets has to play as staffmasters with preset stats or something.. :)

Maybe constant X1, or no gold gain also.

Staffmasters can beat up any noob, so it should be a really mediocre build for the pros.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2012, 05:29:33 pm »
It's also important to keep a noob server populated.

So there should be a reason for vets to go there and have fun.

My suggestion is that all vets has to play as staffmasters with preset stats or something.. :)

Maybe constant X1, or no gold gain also.

Staffmasters can beat up any noob, so it should be a really mediocre build for the pros.

i was thinking the same,  and thought it would be nice to have some special level 18/20 alt that is allowed to join that server.  the motivation would be to experience a peasant war like in the old days
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2012, 10:03:40 pm »
Maybe just limit char level to 20 and equipment worth to 15k? Or make it gen1 main exclusive (or maybe gen 1-3)?
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?