Author Topic: Suggestion: Noob server  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
Suggestion: Noob server
« on: May 02, 2012, 04:43:37 pm »
+15
I think it would be nice, if there were a noob server for players. Only those with K:D ration <1 would be allowed to play there (or maybe even less than 1).

Imo c-rpg lost a lot of players, because the game was very frustrating for them since beginning, it would be nice to give them some pre-step (maybe with a bit limited multis up to x3 or something else) to master at least basics while being able to kill sbdy and thuss have bigger fun than being slaughtered by veterans with loomed gear.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 05:35:00 pm by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoW
  • Game nicks: SoW_MR_FISTA_the_Retribution
  • IRC nick: SoW_MR_FISTA
Re: Suggestion: Noob server
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 04:55:22 pm »
No way, you only learn by playin the best.
If id spent all my time on a noob server
I wouldn't have got half as good as Iam now and im still 1/10 as good as some.

Crpg is about the unrivalled difficulty and painful learning curve and that's what makes this so rewarding as a mod.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 05:05:03 pm »
+6
K:D ratio isn't a measure of how good you are, only a measure of how closely you resemble the typical Kuyak clone with a masterwork Danish/spammitar and Huscarl. Hot_Chick has a K:D of about 1:2 but I don't think I should be allowed to slaughter newbies.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 05:24:15 pm »
mighty long axe spam with lordly gear and my K/D is 4, ain't even kidding.
i would respec and go to kill noobs to that server ;)
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 05:24:39 pm »
+2
u don't learn anything by playing the best if u suck.

i'm only wondering how many people c-rpg lost because they were slaughtered since beginning like flies.

but these are quite expected reactions, everybody wants to slaughter the peasants, why not if its sooooo much fun...
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 05:26:17 pm »
mighty long axe spam with lordly gear and my K/D is 4, ain't even kidding.
i would respec and go to kill noobs to that server ;)

didn't it (accidently) come to your mind, that k:d ration might have been related to the serial key and not to the char?
i was not sure about it, but if there were people willing to respec only to "have fun", than yeah it would be needed because of those like u.

Offline bukva2

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 05:27:33 pm »
+2
Dont really see a point.
I've been playing for a week now and before that i only had experience with singleplayer warband with automatic blocking and lowered dif. Steamrolling a castle, feelt soo good.

After a few matches defending the virgin, i joined the battle server. Took me 2 days to kill someone, and that was hitting a dude in the back that was already hurt. I kept dying and dying all the time, getting frustrated.
But now, there are even times where i manage to kill a few ppl in a row without getting hit.
Sure they may be new just like i am, but at least im getting better. You dont really get better by playing with equals, because there isnt much to learn from them.
But getting your ass kicked all the time and watching how you got kicked makes you better in the long run :)

Also, noob server could result into this = Newb, play for weeks on newb server, then they decide its time to play with vets, they get steamrolled, and then they will complain about it on forum (hax, op items, etc)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 05:29:15 pm »
+4
hopeless...

crpg community is retarded

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 05:40:21 pm »
I think it's a good idea but in order to work properly it should repel good players. Xp & gold should suffer a small malus, or maybe cap the multi at 3. You should be allowed in if the character you use has bad k/d. Most players are very good with a few specific classes but are bad at other things, they shouldn't be punished for that.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 06:12:33 pm »
not everyone is a masochist who likes fighting against way better people to at some point get good enough. the idea is well needed for all those who want to start off on such a server.

people that dont want to can join the real servers anyway
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Lange

• Baron
  • Renown: 128
  • Infamy: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 06:45:53 pm »
+2
+1
You learn best by playing against the best, perhaps, but it will be totally frustrating. Having some sort of protected environment would be cool. But won't their k/d go up again if they only play there? I'd simply suggest: make the noob server accessible for gen 1 people only. Those that do want to stay in the game will want to get their loom and join the real servers (and they will surely acquire the skill to survive there during this one generation.) Those that want to play casually can stay there.
And, to stop newcoming native veterans and natural gaming talents from pwing the server, ban anyone with a consistent k/d > 3 for some time. Should be sufficient.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 07:44:46 pm »
Another idea would be to have a newbie zone and have the max level to enter be 10 or 15.

A gen 1 character would get a lot of time to learn without running constantly into plated monstrosities, and higher gen characters would outlevel the server too fast to cause much disruption with their gen xp bonus. Gives newbies a chance to learn in a lower skill environment while keeping peasant level players who can't contribute much to the team off the main servers. Seems like a win-win.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 07:49:55 pm »
+2
I think it would be a good idea if anyone could log in. However, if your K:D is over a certain amount, you can only be armed with a stick and rocks.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 07:57:48 pm »
While I'm unsure of how it should work, I do think we should have a server for new players.

+1
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 07:58:52 pm »
ide love to see this implemented for the newer players, Only Generation 1 mains can join.?. maybe? not sure on how it would work but i like the idea, +1 :D
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair