Poll

Should Dadao be buffed?

Yes, more damage.
4 (16%)
Yes, more speed.
9 (36%)
Yes, 1 slot.
1 (4%)
Yes, make upkeep GIVE you money for using it.
3 (12%)
No, I'm a sad sad person who is gonna go strangle himself while jacking off and think it is fine as it is.
5 (20%)
No, I'm a sad sad person who cuts himself and I think it should be nerfed.
3 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Kindly Buff The Dadao Slightly  (Read 2212 times)

Offline Sarpton

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hurlbat
Re: Kindly Buff The Dadao Slightly
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 02:54:50 am »
+1
personally I love the dadao it "could" use a +1 speed that would be cool but then it would make the Mdao kinda worthless.   

But if anyone wants to trade a +1/2 miadao for a +1/2 Dadoa I'm willing!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 03:34:13 am »
I think the dadao is great value for money.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 11:23:25 am »
+1
AO is a good dad, he created us all.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 12:07:21 pm »
Dadao is one of the best weapon in 2H department. I'll trade my mw longsword for mw Dadao in any time.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 08:38:28 am »
It has a curved blade. This is a huge yet subtle advantage. Try the Twohandedsword it is fast, damaging, long, cheap and has a stab.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 06:50:23 pm »
Not really sure the curved blade does much except look like the blade is closer than the hitbox actually is.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 06:53:31 pm »
Dadao is one of the best weapon in 2H department. I'll trade my mw longsword for mw Dadao in any time.
Considering I just posted another sword with better (or equal) stats in all departments are you sure you wanna make such a trade?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 06:59:02 pm »
+1 more speed and some increase in it's cost, and we got a very nice sword there. It's the Sultan of All Swords!
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2012, 09:14:39 pm »
I use my highland gaymore because i like the high cut damage while the pierce is mostly just a "hey I can poke you but I'd rather overhead you anyday" kinda thing. I only master worked it because I like the way it looks' I mainly rely off of my lightsaber (Mw heavy bastard sword) to kill people. Besides the dadao almost does the same damage 1 less has the same speed and what 2 length both of which is nearly the same and you lose a stab which honestly just gets in my way. Your logic dictates that since the elite scimitar, steel pick and Iberian mace are underpowered because they lack a stab and should be buffed. Suck it up and either pay for the claymore or be happy with dadao cuz its pissing me off you get nearly the same stats for such a cheap weapon
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2012, 09:25:16 pm »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 10:00:07 pm »
I use my highland gaymore because i like the high cut damage while the pierce is mostly just a "hey I can poke you but I'd rather overhead you anyday" kinda thing. I only master worked it because I like the way it looks' I mainly rely off of my lightsaber (Mw heavy bastard sword) to kill people. Besides the dadao almost does the same damage 1 less has the same speed and what 2 length both of which is nearly the same and you lose a stab which honestly just gets in my way. Your logic dictates that since the elite scimitar, steel pick and Iberian mace are underpowered because they lack a stab and should be buffed. Suck it up and either pay for the claymore or be happy with dadao cuz its pissing me off you get nearly the same stats for such a cheap weapon
Twohander stab is extremely overpowered and usefull if you don't suck with it, and I'll say that the elite scimmy, the steel pick and the Iberian mace are underpowered once there is a weapon with the same stats in every category ('cept slightly better in a few spots) which also has a stab.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 10:55:13 pm »
If any 2h weapon should be lowered to 1 slot I'd say a light, low-difficulty 2h/1h one. Like the bastard sword.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 11:12:12 pm »
This wep hits like a truck plus the curve blade like somebody said has HUGE advantages.  When you attack from the sides of people and hit without completing the animation, it won't glance.  I say nerf this wep because of the cost or raise the cost significantly and leave the stats alone.  Super strong wep.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 11:18:01 pm »
This wep hits like a truck plus the curve blade like somebody said has HUGE advantages.  When you attack from the sides of people and hit without completing the animation, it won't glance.  I say nerf this wep because of the cost or raise the cost significantly and leave the stats alone.  Super strong wep.
Just sayin', curved blade don't magically prevent a weapon from glancing, this blade may be curved but it ain't really got ghostrange or shit like that, if you think a curved model is gonna prevent a weapon from glancing I hope no one takes your posts serious.

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 11:24:29 pm »
I almost couldn't post when you said the elite scimmy was underpowered as well as the steel pick both of which many 1h wield effectivly better than the 1h stab ones. Im not posting in this sad sad thread again to much ridiculousness
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.