Poll

Should Dadao be buffed?

Yes, more damage.
4 (16%)
Yes, more speed.
9 (36%)
Yes, 1 slot.
1 (4%)
Yes, make upkeep GIVE you money for using it.
3 (12%)
No, I'm a sad sad person who is gonna go strangle himself while jacking off and think it is fine as it is.
5 (20%)
No, I'm a sad sad person who cuts himself and I think it should be nerfed.
3 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Kindly Buff The Dadao Slightly  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Kindly Buff The Dadao Slightly
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 12:22:32 am »
I almost couldn't post when you said the elite scimmy was underpowered...
...ONCE THERE IS A WEAPON BETTER OR EQUAL IN EVERY WAY BUT COST BUT ALSO HAS A DECENT STAB (AND THIS IS A TWOHANDER, WHILE ONEHANDER STAB IS FUN AND AWESOME IT'S NOT NEARLY AS EFFECTIVE)

Read my entire post please.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 04:09:56 am »
...ONCE THERE IS A WEAPON BETTER OR EQUAL IN EVERY WAY BUT COST BUT ALSO HAS A DECENT STAB (AND THIS IS A TWOHANDER, WHILE ONEHANDER STAB IS FUN AND AWESOME IT'S NOT NEARLY AS EFFECTIVE)

Read my entire post please.

If anything, one handed stabs can be seen as more effective depending on how they're used.

I know I absolutely hate the time dilating thrusts the 1h and polearms have where I did before they go through the motion of stabbing.

So they just chamber a thrust, spin around then I'm dead and AFTER I've hit the dirt, the actual animation of stabbing happens.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 12:06:57 pm »
If anything, one handed stabs can be seen as more effective depending on how they're used.

I know I absolutely hate the time dilating thrusts the 1h and polearms have where I did before they go through the motion of stabbing.

So they just chamber a thrust, spin around then I'm dead and AFTER I've hit the dirt, the actual animation of stabbing happens.
Onehanded stab is effective, if you don't suck with it, but what makes the twohanded stab so good is that it can pretty much outreach everything
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012, 12:10:21 pm »
Dadao is great, doesn't need a buff
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012, 12:14:38 pm »
Dadao is good.

Dont use it though. it looks bad and is inferior because it is cheap as you say yourself.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2012, 12:44:05 pm »
Buff? lol are you serious?

If anything it needs a small nerf to make the war cleaver a more visible upgrade of the dadao.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2012, 12:57:15 pm »
Buff? lol are you serious?

If anything it needs a small nerf to make the war cleaver a more visible upgrade of the dadao.
Currently highland claymore is the upgrade...  :rolleyes:
Warcleaver is just a weapon with slightly similar stats 'cept a few changes here 'n' there, not an actual upgrade, more a different item.