Poll

Does this sound like something CRPG would benefit from?

Yes
No
Maybe, with a few tweaks

Author Topic: Healing  (Read 2701 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Healing
« on: March 17, 2011, 08:59:40 pm »
Hello i have been thinking of a feature that would been nice if it would been added to CRPG.

Healing. It would play out like this.

A new skill would been introduced called ''Healing'' 1 ''Healing'' skill point would require 4 STR or 4 AGI whatever you developers would agree on. Similar to the skill called ''Horse Archery''.

Now what it would do is that it would increase the hitpoints you would heal using a brand new item called ''Healing Kit''.

Obviously with little skill points invested in the skill ''Healing'' you would heal less hitpoints with the healing kit.
For non abusing you can only apply the healing kit to your teammates.

Now what this would do is that it could open up a new class or roleplaying build if you will, as a ''Medic''.

This would be perfect for teamworking and such.

Now the Healing Kit would take up 1 equipment slot and contain 1-2 healing kits per slot depending on what the community thinks about it.

It would work with the one in possession of the healing kit would apply it to his/her teammate by holding F for a couple of seconds. The injured teammate would have to stand still for the healing process to work for obvious reasons.

If you have the healing kit equipped you would also move slower than usual.

I cannot find any way how you could possibly abuse this. Anyhow, now my question to you developers. Is it possible to implement such feature in CRPG?

I know alot of people would cast this idea aside since it sounds ''noobish'' etc....

But in my opinion it would put more emphasis on teamworking.

What do you ALL think about this?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 09:02:49 pm by CountBerenger »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
Re: Healing
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 09:19:10 pm »
What is a healing kit in medieval times?

There already exist healing tents, i guess other healing means are not needed (and not wanted by dev and majority of players).

If i remember well someone made a thread like yours, click "search" to see feedback of the community.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 09:23:00 pm by Blondin »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 09:28:34 pm »
What is a healing kit in medieval times?

There already exist healing tents, i guess other healing means are not needed (and not wanted by dev and majority of players).

If i remember well someone made a thread like yours, click "search" to see feedback of the community.

But he/her didn't make it as i did. If i remember correct. It was in a way that could've easily been abused.

And well you could as well call these healing kits ''bandages'' for what it's worth.

I don't think we should see CRPG as a CS in Medieval settings only where the only thing you care for is your KD and dueling.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 09:35:05 pm »
I also would like to hear comments from you who voted.

As i mentioned before. Unless you would do a pure AGI build or Pure STR build or whatever it would be required for you won't be able to heal your teammates much at all. It would be as i mentioned giving little healthpoints at the early levels.

And about realism. There's a ton of features in CRPG that's clearly not realistic etc... But i don't see people whining about them.

So please if you vote either yes or no or maybe  atleast state why.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 09:37:30 pm »
I agree cRPG is not CS with medieval settings (it was pre-patch with lasersight machinegunArchers) but it should not be WoW with healing potion.

May be for Strategus battles it have sense that you can heal a wounded person, but battles in cRPG are very short skirmish fight, you don't have time to heal someone.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 09:45:05 pm »
I agree cRPG is not CS with medieval settings (it was pre-patch with lasersight machinegunArchers) but it should not be WoW with healing potion.

May be for Strategus battles it have sense that you can heal a wounded person, but battles in cRPG are very short skirmish fight, you don't have time to heal someone.

Siege perhaps? Nonetheless it depends on how much teamwork is actually in the current round.

I personally think it should exist but it's from person to person.

As i stated some people would think of it as ''noobish'' but i said it before and i say it again. You will NOT be able to apply it to yourself. And of course there won't be healing potions.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 10:31:29 pm »
I think it's a good idea, kinda like the monks in the old AOE games :D

Berengers detailed description and non trollable format for healing kit, be it bandages or rubbing alcohol on a wound, makes perfect sense.  In medieval times there was always some people on hand to snap arrows off once they were in a persons body, then clean the area = thus healing in a respect.

Spammers and my old friendchers will be able to pick these people off on the battlefield too, which will be good for their KD ratios, seeing as that's all they worry about.

Healing tent is useless, no team ever bothers cos 1 arrow and it's down (excuse me? cloth tent, arrow would just pass through and it would still be standing in real life LOL) so either buff the tent to make it more desirable or implement some kinda healing feature like berenger has suggested.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 05:13:46 pm »
I voted no.  We play battles and sieges.  Healing/resting/bandaging ect are done after battles and sieges.

No, the game is not supposed to be ultra-realistic, but it is supposed to be a balance of realism and imagination.  This would tip the scales too far in my opinion.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 06:09:26 pm »
It's already in the game. Just buy a construction site and build healing tent with it.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 06:22:47 pm »
Yea and we should add automatic x-bows, dual swords, buffers, and mages...
ow and suicide bombers(for... some players).

but in real no.
if you get hit with axe or sword, xbow.... you cant heal that in short period of time(7 min. time of 1 round) it is even impossible to regenerate 3 hp with 10 heeling skill or of if you are surgeon...

anyway that skill is in native....

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 06:28:47 pm »
Only if you dress yourself as a healer.
Either some guy with a leather apron and a butchers cleaver saying "that leg must go" all the time, or an old hag that gives you some worm stew with bat eyes.

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 07:00:38 pm »
If c-RPG could add some new features, this would be... refreshing. Especially if this brings some more tactics and diversity in character builds.

This could go with a more complex character design like in singleplayer. There is a thread suggesting adding Intelligence and Charisma. Healing could then be a spinoff skills from Intelligence. I could imagine two skills:
First Aid: character healing himself. He should not move for a while to heal a (x)% of HP.
Surgery: healing others. This would take some time with a loading bar (like on the Invasion mod, when players are taking a rest), if the healer or the wounded move, the process cancels.
Such skills should take time (20-30 seconds) and never heal 100% of the HP to prevent abuse.
And healing should cost some gold!

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 07:16:31 pm »
It's very interesting to say the least.  Keep on brain storming guys.

Offline Quirian

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Quirian_HRE
  • IRC nick: Quirian_HRE
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 07:25:47 pm »
I like the idea.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 08:21:49 pm »
It's already in the game. Just buy a construction site and build healing tent with it.

Really?  I've never seen this.