Author Topic: Please nerf archery.  (Read 6635 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Please nerf archery.
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2012, 09:34:48 pm »
Jambi?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2012, 11:21:29 pm »
+3
I feel that archery should be more of a support playstyle, you know, wounding multiple people and killing cavalry.

They shouldn't really be topping scoreboards because not only are they far away from the melee fighting, they can shoot from that distance and still do a crapton of damage. (I've been 1 shot by a chest shot before, with 38 body armor and 60 some hp.)

This is an opinion.
so sorry if I seemed like I was QQing or trolling with my earlier posts.

Offline Juhanius

• Legendary Engraver
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 26
  • "I always hated crossbows, take too long to load!"
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Juhanius, Stormy_Repairs
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2012, 11:40:59 pm »

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2012, 01:17:32 am »
+2
This is an opinion.

A really unexperienced one. Being away from the melee means you're a prime target for other archers and cav.

And if an archer manage to top the scoreboard these days, its because he has the skill to back it up.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2012, 01:22:35 am »
No.

Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2012, 05:01:22 am »
Jambi?

Hello my love

What have you been upto lately? :wink:
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2012, 07:19:35 am »
+1
I'm wearing pilgrim robe and if I'm not moving forward (no speed bonus) I can survive 5 arrows.

How come Cup1d took 50 % with one horn bow shot when I had 27 strength and 9 IF with lordly gloves and lordly body armor.

(click to show/hide)

It's a freak thing though, but archery's like that. Sometimes the damage is pitiful, sometimes it's way over the top. Fair enough, I guess.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2012, 07:41:03 am »
How come Cup1d took 50 % with one horn bow shot when I had 27 strength and 9 IF with lordly gloves and lordly body armor.

(click to show/hide)

It's a freak thing though, but archery's like that. Sometimes the damage is pitiful, sometimes it's way over the top. Fair enough, I guess.

I hate the way damage varies so widely. Sometimes it takes 4 arrows to kill another archer, other times I can 2 shot a guy in chain. You can actually hear a difference in the sound of it. Maybe it is that the dropoff in damage due to longer ranges is a major factor as most times I shoot archers at range, whereas I don't shoot at melee until they are 25 feet away because I'm focusing on cavalry and other ranged. Either way, the variance in damage is frustrating and a big reason for the buff/nerf threads with wildly varying tales. I don't see melee having the same issue. Of course they don't have the rain also taking away their damage and swing speed either  :idea:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2012, 07:44:21 am »
Of course they don't have the rain also taking away their damage and swing speed either  :idea:

It nerfs agility builds to the ground because they can't (ab)use speed bonus to deal as good damage as without rain. Strength builds and maulers have to love rain. :)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2012, 10:00:10 am »
+2
The main reason for the high damage difference are the bone based damage multiplicators(<1). So someone who gets all arows in the lower arm will take signifcantly more arrows that someone with torso shots.

Offline Adrian

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2012, 03:09:30 pm »
(click to show/hide)
This is at the end of round 2.

Level 25 with a 1+ Shortbow and 3+ Bodkins which equals to 19 Pierce a shot. 5 maybe 6 hours total of playing an archer on warband.

(click to show/hide)
End of the map.

PLEASE NERF!!!!1!

I was in game with you a few times with this build frug, about 75% of your kills weren't even from shooting enemies with your short bow.

Making another lame ass nerf archery post only works when you're actually good at archery. Sorry to say, but watching you play this build I can honestly say you hardly killed anything with your lil shortbow with MW bodkins.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2012, 04:23:09 pm »
+3
Give archers melee power back so they stop being easy prey for noob 2H/polearm spammers.
Leshma, I got an archer build 15/21, 5 PS, 5 PD, 100 melee wpf, 120+ranged wpf (ain't sure exactly how much), I wear medium-heavy armor (Siphi Jewshan), and I use a Dadao, the problem is that an archer would rather just go naked with high ath and shoot slow meleers who can't ever catch them, as I showed my build which I ain't having any big (if any at all) inaccuracy with then archers can get melee points, the devs just need to nerf archer running so they can't kite, then the archers will either have to rely on melee wpf when the enemies eventually catch them or on their teammates, not on endlessly running away ten feet infront of some enemy melee they shoot at.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2012, 04:27:43 pm »
+1
Leshma, I got an archer build 15/21, 5 PS, 5 PD, 100 melee wpf, 120+ranged wpf (ain't sure exactly how much), I wear medium-heavy armor (Siphi Jewshan), and I use a Dadao, the problem is that an archer would rather just go naked with high ath and shoot slow meleers who can't ever catch them, as I showed my build which I ain't having any big (if any at all) inaccuracy with then archers can get melee points, the devs just need to nerf archer running so they can't kite, then the archers will either have to rely on melee wpf when the enemies eventually catch them or on their teammates, not on endlessly running away ten feet infront of some enemy melee they shoot at.

Getting melee wpf, decent armor and ps as an archer is viable enough as a build, but considering that the damage you'll deal with your bow will be greater than what you will do with the melee weapon if you're going hybrid, why would you even bother to use the melee weapon? :wink:

Archers make a choice, they use to min-max their type of attack that deals the most damage and to do that they have to run and gun.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2012, 04:38:21 pm »
Right archers should be balanced to need to rely on melee, aka archers should be balanced so that they aren't archers:rolleyes:

You people.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2012, 04:51:04 pm »
+1
Right archers should be balanced to need to rely on melee, aka archers should be balanced so that they aren't archers:rolleyes:

You people.
MrShine, I'm saying that archers should be balanced to EVENTUALLY either enter melee when the enemy troops get to their destination (or have teammates hold back the enemies while the archer finds a spot further away), instead of simply running like retards, yet to hear of one IRL battle where all one armies archers kept running right out of reach of the enemy  men and slowly shot them to death... (I know realism isn't an argument just saying that archer means a guy with a bow, not an eternally running bundle of sticks with a bow)

If you wanna run 'n' gun go HA, they're nerfed and balanced for that kinda stuff, what's the point in going HA when you can oneshot cav coming towards you and you got enough ath to outrun EVERYONE BUT 1% OF THE PLAYERS BUILDS WHO IN RETURN DIE FROM ONE ARROW?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:54:18 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.