Author Topic: Please nerf archery.  (Read 6631 times)

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Re: Please nerf archery.
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2012, 04:57:51 pm »
While I personally try to build my archer like a hybrid who gets into melee, asking an archer to turn and fight in melee is like asking a melee person to use throwing daggers and battle the archer at ranged. (bad example b/c throwing is actually pretty good against archers but I hope you get my point)

When an archer engages in melee, the deck is naturally stacked against them, just like if someone with a tiny bit of throwing has the deck stacked against them when fighting someone fully dedicated to ranged.  People keep trying to force archers into their position of weakness... why would the archer willingly get themselves into that position?

Running archers almost always get caught anyways.  If the other team has cavalry or any other ranged left it becomes even easier to catch the archer.  And if one is really that annoying fuck em wait for MOTF... you don't even have to fight them if you don't want to.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2012, 05:01:11 pm »
+1
These archers would not have to change to a melee weapon and fight until the enemy troops has broken through their teams melee, the biggest blob has battled, and probably around 50% of all their teammates are dead, and here they'll still get a few crippling shots off...
I have a few times before (considering I suck at aiming (still got great accuracy though of arrow flight)) gotten around three+ headshots before colliding with my first melee enemies, along with a few body shots, and about 50%-100% of my 18 arrows have been used, here I pull out my awesome dadao (which needs to be buffed) and fight the few remaining enemies a bit before either dying, killing a few (or all of them or none but blocking long enough for some teammate to help me) then getting back into the main group of my team.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 05:07:17 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 974
  • Infamy: 1235
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2012, 05:04:40 pm »
Leshma, I got an archer build 15/21, 5 PS, 5 PD, 100 melee wpf, 120+ranged wpf (ain't sure exactly how much), I wear medium-heavy armor (Siphi Jewshan), and I use a Dadao, the problem is that an archer would rather just go naked with high ath and shoot slow meleers who can't ever catch them, as I showed my build which I ain't having any big (if any at all) inaccuracy with then archers can get melee points, the devs just need to nerf archer running so they can't kite, then the archers will either have to rely on melee wpf when the enemies eventually catch them or on their teammates, not on endlessly running away ten feet infront of some enemy melee they shoot at.

You barely have enough active wpp to avoid getting that "special" message. I bet that damage you deal with that bow is a joke.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2012, 05:11:28 pm »
+1
You barely have enough active wpp to avoid getting that "special" message. I bet that damage you deal with that bow is a joke.
Leshma, I got plenty wpf, back when I was on around 100 wpf in my old friendchery I still only got the message when wearing my Sephi Jewshan, my Nikolskoe helmet (with my regular helmet and these heavy gauntlets and boots I still didn't get the message), my iron boots, and my plate mittens (normally my gear is Sephi Jewshan, Mail Chausses, mail mittens and Fluted Varangian Helmet, as I don't get a message my damage is also 100% determined by my bow and my PD amount
Oh, and I missrecalled my wpf amount, just checked it, 145 archery wpf and 100 melee wpf.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 05:13:15 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2012, 05:38:39 pm »
+3
How come Cup1d took 50 % with one horn bow shot when I had 27 strength and 9 IF with lordly gloves and lordly body armor.

(click to show/hide)

It's a freak thing though, but archery's like that. Sometimes the damage is pitiful, sometimes it's way over the top. Fair enough, I guess.

Because Hornbow is OP. Been preaching this for about a year now.  :wink:
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2012, 05:46:21 pm »
Because Hornbow is OP. Been preaching this for about a year now.  :wink:

Still a shit bow, I can never get a decent kill-score before I pull out my mw longbow.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2012, 06:01:01 pm »
+3
Still a shit bow, I can never get a decent kill-score before I pull out my mw longbow.

Wat. I got 52-9 on a siege server & 89-19 on a strategus siege with a Horn Bow. Shit bow? Hell no.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:02:07 pm by bagge »
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2012, 06:05:07 pm »
Leshma, I got an archer build 15/21, 5 PS, 5 PD, 100 melee wpf, 120+ranged wpf (ain't sure exactly how much),  as I showed my build which I ain't having any big (if any at all) inaccuracy

120 wpf and no inaccuracy? Maybe from 10 feet, otherwise I call total bullshit  :rolleyes:

I see you changed your story to 145 wpf. With 5 PD that is the minimum to be fairly accurate at mid-range. Long range, no way. At PD 6, you are only accurate at short range. And with PD 5 and 145 wpf, your headshots were luck, and the kills as well if you hit with 1 arrow.

The thing you don't understand is that with the same number of arrows hitting, one round you can go 15-0, and the very next go 0-1. If a melee gets the same number of hits in two rounds, they will go 15-0 one round, and 13-1 the next.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:13:00 pm by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2012, 06:44:50 pm »
120 wpf and no inaccuracy? Maybe from 10 feet, otherwise I call total bullshit  :rolleyes:

I see you changed your story to 145 wpf. With 5 PD that is the minimum to be fairly accurate at mid-range. Long range, no way. At PD 6, you are only accurate at short range. And with PD 5 and 145 wpf, your headshots were luck, and the kills as well if you hit with 1 arrow.

The thing you don't understand is that with the same number of arrows hitting, one round you can go 15-0, and the very next go 0-1. If a melee gets the same number of hits in two rounds, they will go 15-0 one round, and 13-1 the next.
Wasn't inaccurate back when I was on on 120wpf either, I might have slight inaccuracy if I aim at a head 100 meters away but you're truly overreacting on inaccuracy.

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2012, 07:42:18 pm »
about 75% of your kills weren't even from shooting enemies with your short bow.

So you're saying I got 10-11 kills that map with my 0 ps wooden stick? Unless you're talking about the map with the big pit when I was using a barmace because I was bored.

Offline Adrian

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2012, 07:58:24 pm »
While I personally try to build my archer like a hybrid who gets into melee, asking an archer to turn and fight in melee is like asking a melee person to use throwing daggers and battle the archer at ranged. (bad example b/c throwing is actually pretty good against archers but I hope you get my point)

When an archer engages in melee, the deck is naturally stacked against them, just like if someone with a tiny bit of throwing has the deck stacked against them when fighting someone fully dedicated to ranged.  People keep trying to force archers into their position of weakness... why would the archer willingly get themselves into that position?

Running archers almost always get caught anyways.  If the other team has cavalry or any other ranged left it becomes even easier to catch the archer.  And if one is really that annoying fuck em wait for MOTF... you don't even have to fight them if you don't want to.

100% agree with this, but a lot of people are too ignorant to think.

Should be more concerned with worse things like lancer cav and polestun

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2012, 08:06:29 pm »
Wasn't inaccurate back when I was on on 120wpf either, I might have slight inaccuracy if I aim at a head 100 meters away but you're truly overreacting on inaccuracy.

Accurate means the arrow goes where you point it, not somewhere within a 1 or 2 or 3 inch reticule. Get a dictionary and learn the meaning of the word before you start spouting pure crap.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2012, 08:24:58 pm »
Accurate means the arrow goes where you point it, not somewhere within a 1 or 2 or 3 inch reticule. Get a dictionary and learn the meaning of the word before you start spouting pure crap.
You know, if the inaccuracy is so low that if I aim it right I'll headshot regardless of the random tiny amount of inaccuracy then I'll call it fucking accurate, not slightly inaccurate or some shit, if it hits what it's supposed to hit if I aim it right then it's accurate, if it hits what it's supposed to hit when I aim it right 90% of the time it's still sure as fuck accurate to me.
All you've succeed with in your post is showing me how big an asshole you are, so 'gratz.
BTW: Your post that I was responding to was even implying that you was thinking of accuracy the same way I was "120 wpf and no inaccuracy? Maybe from 10 feet, otherwise I call total bullshit" as if your arrow is slightly off it has to be slightly off from the start it don't suddenly midway in flight turn completely to the left/right, it may barely be noticeable but it's still inaccurate according to the way you've decided that the word MUST be used in a sentence... ...and basically, fuck you.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2012, 08:26:30 pm »
U mad?

Yeah, you mad.

You also full of crap  :o

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2012, 08:33:20 pm »
U mad?

Yeah, you mad.

You also full of crap  :o
"U" is not a word, the correct sentence assuming you mean "You mad?" would also be "Are you mad?", learn English you fucking retard, you're full of crap, etc, so go back to kindergarten you pathetic fucking piece of fly excrement.