Author Topic: What is the point of upkeep?  (Read 11743 times)

Offline bukva2

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: What is the point of upkeep?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 10:05:19 pm »
+1
Katana is always a 2h, but ive been thinking about it.
Ive seen some guy today using it a killing everything, he was "faking" so fast and attacking that the moment he hit my block i didnt even have the time to change block and already a 2nd attack hit me. Unbelievable. But that proly requires a lot of AGI i guess

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 10:07:00 pm »
Not really, it's a very light 2h weapon and has a fast attack speed.  Just takes practice and turning into the swing.

edit:  well it's probably best if you have at least 18 agi or higher.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:09:06 pm by OpenPalm »
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline Shamlow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 12:20:37 am »
Hey, this thread is about how fucking stupid it is to have upkeep in a game like this. There is no reason for it, people aren't going to be walking around in full plate because there is no upkeep. Whichever bundle of sticks ever came up with the idea of upkeep in any game is a fucking retard, because now people just accept it.

Why does it matter that you could eventually own everything, you can only use one fucking set of items at a time. Not to mention with so many different builds, you will hardly see people rocking the same thing. I understand them adding it to slow down your progress in their game, but that is like the worst fucking reason in the world. That means they don't have enough faith in there game, that you will want to continue to play when you top out.

It's just fucking stupid and not needed. I am new to this game, I like this game, but somethings about it are really fucking stupid. Which is the reason only a fucking thousand people at most play this game.

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 12:31:26 am »
+1
Geez, if this is the amount of rage you have when you're new, I'd hate to see you if you ever get good.
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline Shamlow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 12:46:07 am »
This isn't rage, this is playing a game for three days, and seeing flaws that exist for no reason.

The fact that you have played this game for more than a day, and have not seen this issue leads me to believe you are a retard. Because you have not noticed this and who knows how many other problems, or you have just chosen to ignore them.

You are the kid that would go outside to play basketball, and realize your ball was flat. Instead of inflating the ball you would just throw around a limp ball like a monkey.

Also, you are probably fucking awful at this game seeing as how you are retarded.

Offline TheFocusedOne

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 02:04:40 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Now, learn about the Dunning-Kruger effect:

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes.

Actual competence may weaken self-confidence, as competent individuals may falsely assume that others have an equivalent understanding. As Kruger and Dunning conclude, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others"

You are not seeing a flaw, you are bitching because you are a little bitch, and most people in this forum are going to have a good 20 IQ points on you.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 02:05:29 am »
Upkeep is here to keep you gen 1 plebs off the battlefield
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 02:41:57 am »
+3
(click to show/hide)

Now, let's learn about Bread:

Bread is a staple food prepared by cooking a dough of flour and water and often additional ingredients. Doughs are usually baked, but in some cuisines breads are steamed (e.g., mantou), fried (e.g., puri), or baked on an unoiled frying pan (e.g., tortillas). It may be leavened or unleavened (e.g. matzo). Salt, fat and leavening agents such as yeast and baking soda are common ingredients, though bread may contain other ingredients, such as milk, egg, sugar, spice, fruit (such as raisins), vegetables (such as onion), nuts (such as walnuts) or seeds (such as poppy). Referred to colloquially as the "staff of life", bread has been prepared for at least 30,000 years. The development of leavened bread can probably also be traced to prehistoric times. Sometimes, the word bread refers to a sweetened loaf cake, often containing appealing ingredients like dried fruit, chocolate chips, nuts or spices, such as pumpkin bread, banana bread or gingerbread.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 03:33:32 am »
lol.  funny guys. funny guys
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 05:01:33 am »
long spear + peasant rags = plenty of kills and lots of money

Jackson And No Bank

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 05:21:20 am »
This again?

Upkeep is only a factor if : You are new, or gen 1.

Originally it was not the plated charger, though those were around, it was supposedly to limit the vast amounts of heavy armor wearing crossbow toters. Ya, and things have changed *snicker.

wooden sword + pilgrim disguise - 1 gen should be about 200-300k by level 31.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Shamlow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 05:24:01 am »
Now, learn about the Dunning-Kruger effect:

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes.

Actual competence may weaken self-confidence, as competent individuals may falsely assume that others have an equivalent understanding. As Kruger and Dunning conclude, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others"

You are not seeing a flaw, you are bitching because you are a little bitch, and most people in this forum are going to have a good 20 IQ points on you.

Ya I guess if I was smart like you I could quote shit from Wikipedia like a fucking moron, instead of engaging in any kind of actual discussion about a game I(you) care about. Good Call

Upkeep is here to keep you gen 1 plebs off the battlefield

Oh so you like keeping the playerbase to a few random 100 people. You aren't interested in playing with more people and adding any kind of challenge to the game?

Sorry, I actually like this game, and I want more people to play it. I'm not bad mouthing the exp grind/money for weapons, but upkeep is ridiculous in a game like this.

Upkeep will keep more/better players away from the game. They just had a sale and had to of gotten a decent size influx of players, why would you not want the game to grow?

Offline Shamlow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 05:27:35 am »
Upkeep is only a factor if : You are new, or gen 1.

Exactly my point. Why is it in the game then, to purposefully demotivate new players to the game? That is a really good idea for a game that has a playerbase that can fit in my fucking house at one time.

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 05:41:28 am »
Seriously, it's about the worst thing in any game ever. It's nothing but a money sink, which seems unimportant in this game. Not to mention, sometimes I have to pay upkeep sometimes I don't. I've played and gotten it 4-5 matches in a row, and other times I've played 20 matches and never gotten it.

Seriously, what the fuck.

It's there so that people with several million gold pooled up can use their fully heirloomed heavy gauntlets and heavy armor 24/7 with a flamberge on their back and a danish greatsword in their hands on a plated charger and so that noobs have to fight in light-medium armor most of the time until they either get a gen and sell a loom point for money or just quit the game entirely.

Most new players at this point just go for the easiest way out which is quitting the game and never coming back.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 06:02:01 am »
Oh so you like keeping the playerbase to a few random 100 people. You aren't interested in playing with more people and adding any kind of challenge to the game?

Sorry, I actually like this game, and I want more people to play it. I'm not bad mouthing the exp grind/money for weapons, but upkeep is ridiculous in a game like this.

Upkeep will keep more/better players away from the game. They just had a sale and had to of gotten a decent size influx of players, why would you not want the game to grow?

Honestly, upkeep in this game is not bad at all. Even at gen 1 upkeep isn't really a problem. The real problem is that if you're new it's hard to find information about managing upkeep. When people start playing this game they keep spending their money as soon as they get it on the most expensive thing they can afford. People who've been playing this for a while know that just because something is expensive, doesn't mean it's any good. Hell, all my gear is mid-tier stuff and I make a fuck-ton of money using it.

Once you figure things out and start to manage your money, you'll realize that upkeep isn't a big deal at all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login