Author Topic: How does upkeep work  (Read 749 times)

Offline icecreamcancer

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Cold as Ice and Sweet as Sugar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thunder_Thrush_Cream
How does upkeep work
« on: April 23, 2012, 09:42:38 pm »
Hi from what I understand at the end of each round you have a 4% chance that an item will be damaged.

But for the past 10 or so rounds I have played and lost I keep having to repair my Sword of War (my 2h points are 134) which has killed my savings :(

Is there some reason for this or am I just very unlucky?
Cold as Ice and Sweet as Sugar

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
Re: How does upkeep work
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 09:51:39 pm »
i always get to repair destrier,so i dont use it. You were unlucky i guess. I figured that if you use katana as example for few maps,and then you change katana to other item be shure that item is gona get broken if it is expencive. Only way to fool repairs is to use same gear all the time or  change gear every round or get out of server if you see your team is gonna lose. :D I sometimes leave server or change banner to avoid repairs.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 12:56:13 am »
i always get to repair destrier,so i dont use it. You were unlucky i guess. I figured that if you use katana as example for few maps,and then you change katana to other item be shure that item is gona get broken if it is expencive. Only way to fool repairs is to use same gear all the time or  change gear every round or get out of server if you see your team is gonna lose. :D I sometimes leave server or change banner to avoid repairs.

I don't believe any of these methods actually work, aside from leaving the server before the end of the round, which I'm fairly certain is bannable if you do it repeatedly.

Each tick at the same time you get money there's a random chance your gear will break, so longer rounds = more chance for broken gear. Higher WPF has a slight effect on this for weapons, but not a massive one.

If you have a certain item that seems to break a lot, it's just bad luck. It happens, and is why you need to have some reserve cash on hand for when you get unlucky. As long as your gear costs are in the 30-35k range you should be fine.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Blocking axes with my face since June 2011
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan (SHC)
  • Game nicks: SHC_Draggon, SHC_Draggonfang, SHC_Draggonclaw
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 01:25:48 am »
Siege has the highest probability of getting repairs because the rounds usually last alot longer.
Battle is probably the 2nd highest due to rounds mostly being over within 2 or 3 minutes or even less.
Rageball 3rd (don't even need gear to play really)
Duel has no repairs.
Don't even bother with Defend the Virgin.

Offline Savior_of_Death

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 44
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Savior_of_Death
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 07:21:34 am »
Siege has the highest probability of getting repairs because the rounds usually last alot longer.
Battle is probably the 2nd highest due to rounds mostly being over within 2 or 3 minutes or even less.
Rageball 3rd (don't even need gear to play really)
Duel has no repairs.
Don't even bother with Defend the Virgin.
If you want to lose ALL of your  money, play DTV.