Author Topic: captain  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
captain
« on: April 23, 2012, 02:14:08 pm »
+5
i'd like to see a commander/captain in battles (it was discussed million times already)

my idea is that anybody could be voted captain by a teampoll
captain would receive other chat color

(so when he says something it would really look different from all other text coming up. like how can now sbdy come up with a strategy if there are 5 different plans from 5 different people in pregame phase and all look the same (color wise)).

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 02:17:24 pm by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
Re: captain
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 02:31:46 pm »
+1
And ppl gonna do what the captain says???
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 02:34:12 pm »
if they vote for him because they believe him and can see what he is saying because its recognizable in a chat than possibly yes (not all of them, but at least a majority will imo).
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 02:55:48 pm »
People hate listening others. In fact they hate the concept of listening. But this will encourage teamplay and a bit of a roleplay no matter what. So a big +1 from me.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 02:57:35 pm »
+4
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 03:14:23 pm »
the very simple minds will gladly follow sbdy with a "rank". and there are games where people actually listen to those in charge (of course they are not 60v60, but still). the first problem with this game is, it doesn't even have this feature.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 04:20:56 pm »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 04:41:14 pm »
+1
aye u can write utopia everywhere and simply give up...

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 04:50:40 pm »
+2
Battalions are implemented. I don't know what more we need except people to switch their heads on. Maybe cRPG could do with hints and tips in the loading screen. Making every nuance of the mod an opportunity for 50  Alt + F4 jokes is less effective than spoon feeding information to the new players and less informed who cba to trawl the forums. The battalion feature should suffice imo, we just need more people to know about it.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 05:09:31 pm »
IMHO this can work if:

1. We'll have permanent teams for full map. No rebalance after end of every round.
2. If you follow orders you receive bonus exp (gold), if you do not follow - you have exp penalty.
3. Commander must plane tactics for next round (so first round is standart mob versus mob, commander do not take part in first round but have some time to write orders, and point objectives)
4. Access to the map with simple enough order system for commander, where you can divide your team into parts (flangs, reserve, main part), and give orders to infantry\ranged\cavalry separately (as player you must clearly understand what part you belong and what your objective is) - so we need access to the map with commander's orders in battle.

It's hard to implement I know, but this can be a second breath for Battle\Strategus part of cRPG

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 05:13:22 pm »
More stable teams would be very conducive to teamwork.

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 05:13:44 pm »
+1

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 05:27:41 pm »
some rebalance is a must so that you can keep chances for teams equal. what could however work is that the teams would stay the same when map changes - like there is no reason why the teams should completely shuffle for every new map.

batalions don't work, because there are no commanders. and the only commanders that might work are those that will come from voting and whose text will be visible. if you vote for sbdy you will more likely listen to him.

i'm not sure if commanders should receive some bonus, there is an option like 1hp/10sec regen within their aura or something, but i don't necessarily feel anything like this is a must.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 05:35:44 pm »
The hp gain sounds too fantasy. Maybe an athletics gain would be more appropriate.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 05:36:44 pm »
i'm not sure if commanders should receive some bonus, there is an option like 1hp/10sec regen within their aura or something, but i don't necessarily feel anything like this is a must.

You sure that you can command while you take part in a battle? Commander must play in tactic's map mode and have standart team multiplayer, nothing more. Pawns must have bonus.