Author Topic: captain  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: captain
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 05:44:51 pm »
Make the voice commands only to the commander. Maybe that might work a bit.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 05:46:56 pm »
Make the voice commands only to the commander. Maybe that might work a bit.
Good idea. I'm sure people have mentioned HL2 Empires mod in previous threads like this. Commander is voted by the team, and can place orders etc. Maybe have officers too who can also speak.

*edit*
lol ultimate cRPG carrot for following orders, you get xp/gold or both for being near and orders marker xD
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 06:14:44 pm »
aye u can write utopia everywhere and simply give up...

You of all should know that if there's an utopistic situation existing around here then its right at suggestions like this which are highly dependable of this mods community. Asking them to listen to someone (even if its the guy themselves selected as captain) is the same as asking them not to troll or not to charge like imbeciles the second they spawn and die in less then 15 seconds. It just won't work, no matter how much we want it to, I'm not giving up just being realistic and not wasting time with impossible things.  :wink:

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 06:57:22 pm »
Battalions are implemented. I don't know what more we need except people to switch their heads on. Maybe cRPG could do with hints and tips in the loading screen. Making every nuance of the mod an opportunity for 50  Alt + F4 jokes is less effective than spoon feeding information to the new players and less informed who cba to trawl the forums. The battalion feature should suffice imo, we just need more people to know about it.

This x100.  Every time you join the server it should say "Press "P" to join a battalion.  Hold F1 to move your battalion flag".  Maybe a tiny amount of teamwork might get incorporated.   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 03:08:01 am »
You of all should know that if there's an utopistic situation existing around here then its right at suggestions like this which are highly dependable of this mods community. Asking them to listen to someone (even if its the guy themselves selected as captain) is the same as asking them not to troll or not to charge like imbeciles the second they spawn and die in less then 15 seconds. It just won't work, no matter how much we want it to, I'm not giving up just being realistic and not wasting time with impossible things.  :wink:

(click to show/hide)

i dont believe in miracles and that everybody will listen, but it could imo help a bit - especially if players would be the ones that voted who will lead them.

organized events are completely different topic, they work all by themselves depending on who organizes them and how many bashi bazouks are involved.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 08:41:58 am »
Seems like disorganization is also due to the players who can not speak english well. It is like when someone gives directions, they can not even understand it; so do not even bother to read it. Maybe choosing a captain might actually solve this problem. They will not understand what he says, but will follow him. At least this would do the situation good. It's not all because people do not care about orders, some of them just do not even know there are orders.
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 09:16:18 am »
The 2 key will break on most peoples keyboard.

VIP system might be interesting randomly select a dude and change his hat to a popes Mitre and give him an AOE heal effect.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 10:28:37 am »
The 2 key will break on most peoples keyboard.

VIP system might be interesting randomly select a dude and change his hat to a popes Mitre and give him an AOE heal effect.
I think, even bonuses are not needed at all. But if there would be a bonus, I would make it some kind of morale based. No need for fantasy and magic in our most superrealistic cRPG.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 03:02:51 pm »
for the start i'd stick with the most simple part stated in the OP.

poll about captain
different text color for captain

and nothing more
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Aleskander

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • I swear to drunk ossifer I'm not god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aleskander, Alesoy Varsov
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 04:43:24 pm »
I will only and always vote for spook as captain

"Die in Turkish Penis"-Grabber, 14-6-12