Author Topic: make horses more expensive  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: make horses more expensive
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 07:17:01 pm »
Full database wipe would guarantee many longtime players would simply leave the mod or just troll since they no longer care anymore. Great way to ruin a mod though.

Don't know if anyone told you yet but.....this has been done a few times in the past, each time "legends" & "veterans" threatened to GTX but they're all still here plus thousands of new players who came after. And i never said just "wipe it as it is"......the key words are "new vastly improved Strat & Battle servers, ridden of game-breaking/ruining bugs" and stuff like that.
Anyways - it's just an idea nothing more, everyone is entitled to his own opinion on how to change situation for the better, you don't have to agree with it.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 07:36:25 pm »
i tend to think that being a hybrid cav is the most effective hybrid there can be. invest 6 points in riding  and there you go zooming across the battlefield with a horse that does really good bump damage and backstab all the way. You dont feel like playing cav or need to save up? well you can go on foot and be as decent as any infantry out.

If you see a hybrid thrower, he has to invest those 6 pt, a decent amount of wpf and wear light armor in order to be less impact then cav on the battlefield.

Maybe cav doesnt require enough build sacrifices? is cav to easy to acces for someone who has a loose skill? Just tossing some ideas in
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:42:08 pm by Lactose_the_intolerant »

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 07:38:35 pm »
Nobody commenting on not changing the upkeep but rebalancing the class in a more skill-based way ?

Cav is now skill base because all horse can die from 1 hit now, which means when you want to attack you have to think twice than before, and try not get get leg damage from melee.

Edit: All Cav can now only backstab and cannot fully engage infantry because that is just too risky, skill based now
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:42:03 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 07:54:12 pm »
i tend to think that being a hybrid cav is the most effective hybrid there can be. invest 6 points in riding  and there you go zooming across the battlefield with a horse that does really good bump damage and backstab all the way. You dont feel like playing cav or need to save up? well you can go on foot and be as decent as any infantry out.

If you see a hybrid thrower, he has to invest those 6 pt, a decent amount of wpf and wear light armor in order to be less impact then cav on the battlefield.

Maybe cav doesnt require enough build sacrifices? is cav to easy to acces for someone who has a loose skill? Just tossing some ideas in

I don't think so.  As infantry you'd be a lot better off being 24/15 than being 18/18 footman who is hybrid cavalry. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 08:04:59 pm »
I don't think so.  As infantry you'd be a lot better off being 24/15 than being 18/18 footman who is hybrid cavalry.

you'd be better off, of course, to be a pure inf build. but if your good enough you can still top the scoreboards

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 08:06:22 pm »
+2
make cav duels more fun and skill based

some time ago the cav duels were the thing to do for a good cav, now they most would rather go for inf rather than get dehorsed

yeah i know mind = blown

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 08:10:23 pm »
+2
It's only temporary... Just let me visit EU1 couple times and dehorse all new cav. It won't be long until they rage respec into pikemen :DD.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 11:03:24 pm »
Don't know if anyone told you yet but.....this has been done a few times in the past, each time "legends" & "veterans" threatened to GTX but they're all still here plus thousands of new players who came after. And i never said just "wipe it as it is"......the key words are "new vastly improved Strat & Battle servers, ridden of game-breaking/ruining bugs" and stuff like that.
Anyways - it's just an idea nothing more, everyone is entitled to his own opinion on how to change situation for the better, you don't have to agree with it.
Well, I happen to think the devs put a lot more thought into balancing the mod than some of you may think. What's the problem here? (specifically to the OP)  Horses aren't expensive enough? Ok, double the price, In fact double the price on ALL high end gear as well. I won't whine and I don't have hardly any gold (anymore). I even gave some of it away cause I was feeling charitable. So 'make horses more expensive'? Sure, also make high end gear more expensive. Also reduce gold for high level gens and increase for low level. What else can be done to help the helpless?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:28:00 pm by Lichen »