Author Topic: make horses more expensive  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
Re: make horses more expensive
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 05:39:58 pm »
I agree.  I would like to see a horse being so expensive that one can only ride it every ten rounds or so,  and in return see them buffed a lot
Surely that would split the population into those who can indefinitely afford the newer OP horses and those who would have to grind beyond all reason.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 05:56:48 pm »
The only solution for not seeing horses, tincans & arbalesters for some time is full database wipe and since it's not gonna happen every other suggestion is futile, especially the price raising. People are rich in this mod, they need to be striped of everything they own, it would be glorious for a change. Fresh start and equal odds for all, no matter how long ago you started playing.
That's not really a 'solution'. More like a temporary 'make people feel good' measure. The game can never be 'equal' because players aren't equal in how much time they play and or skill they have. Also why can players buy anything they want just after a short time playing? Things aren't that expensive is why so let's make them more expensive. Ok, but oh yeah people don't want that either cause it 'punishes' new players. Why not just do what some of you seem to want and limit how much gold people can have so nobody is capable of being rich? That's really the only 'solution' that will satisfy the whiners. Just make the limit 50,000 gold. Problem solved. Then when you see players in expensive gear at least you can take satisfaction in knowing they will be going broke soon.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:59:49 pm by Lichen »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 06:08:00 pm »
That's not really a 'solution'. More like a temporary 'make people feel good' measure.

Yes, i called it a temporary solution up there, still better then nothing. Game needs refreshment and what better way of making it uber-interesting again then a new version of bug/cheater-ridden Strategos accompanied by a full database wipe so we're all peasants again ? Would take ages to get into the current state again, ages of uber-interesting cRPG. Not that it's gonna happen but a man can dream all he wants and share his dreams with others. This dream would solve more then half of "suggestions" in this sub-forum for some time to come, at least they wouldn't need to "invent" things to balance it out, it would balance itself that way. :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 06:12:14 pm »
Yes, i called it a temporary solution up there, still better then nothing. Game needs refreshment and what better way of making it uber-interesting again then a new version of bug/cheater-ridden Strategos accompanied by a full database wipe so we're all peasants again ? Would take ages to get into the current state again, ages of uber-interesting cRPG. Not that it's gonna happen but a man can dream all he wants and share his dreams with others. This dream would solve more then half of "suggestions" in this sub-forum for some time to come, at least they wouldn't need to "invent" things to balance it out, it would balance itself that way. :wink:

ya i would wate with a whipe till the new strat comes up.  more peasant fights n such : )
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 06:40:35 pm »
Ugh rather you just wipe the game and make me start over again then raise the price of horses even after selling looms it costs so much money -_-
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 06:45:24 pm »
Full database wipe would guarantee many longtime players would simply leave the mod or just troll since they no longer care anymore. Great way to ruin a mod though.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 06:54:49 pm »
aye but its not called MOUNT and MOUNT and MOUNT and MOUNT and MOUNT and MOUNT and BLADE  :)

like there are 1/4 of cav on servers  because of archery nerf... we traded devil for satan...

You think cavalry making up 1/4 of an army is too much?  Let's say you have a 100 many army, how would your classes be broken down?

I'd say 1/4 to 1/5th of your army being cavalry is a good number.  You could even go as high as 1/3.  Most battles took place in open terrain (hills, valleys, clearings near forests, etc).  Unless you plan on hiding in the forest or the top of a large hill and playing defensively the whole time, you're going to need some mobile attack units.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 06:57:31 pm »
If there would be a full wipe I don't know if I would be playing the game much.

The game is already too grindy for lower gen players and some of the old players where able to avoid it thanks to their high generations before the change.

Don't think it's a good idea, why not try making the horses slower when they are damaged? I believe if that would be in the game people (Ranged) would finally start aiming at the fucking horses instead of the players 24/7.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 07:01:05 pm »
Full database wipe would guarantee many longtime players would simply leave the mod or just troll since they no longer care anymore. Great way to ruin a mod though.
Still, a full wipe seems to be the only reasonable solution to a lot of problems the game has atm.
It's not just the huge amount of cav on the server but the huge amount of ranged too. And I am not just talking about archers who at least have to spend some points into PD. But 50% of the melee people running around with a crossbow on their back...

Yesterday Meow was proud to be leading the scoreboard on a full EU1 with 13:1 (or similiar) as an archer with 4 PD. When I asked him, and I even said I wasn't trying to troll but dead serious, if he thinks it's okay that a support class which shoots like a machinegun is leading the scoreboard, I was just ignored...
Playing melee w/o shield just isnt really fun anymore. You can't have a nice fight, lasting for... let's say 20 seconds, w/o getting shot at or bumped/couched/lanced in the back. It really takes a lot of fun out of the game.

I don't like the idea of nerfing those classes but I think there has to be something done to limit them somehow.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 07:05:29 pm »
words

in what way would a whpe help with this?  furthermore,  on a BATTLEserver,  anything but teamwork will lead to a clusterfuck,  in which everyone will be shot and bumped to pieces.
the game is actually fine,  it just cant live up to its potential if some phase doesnt command ^^
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 07:06:38 pm »
+1
Nobody commenting on not changing the upkeep but rebalancing the class in a more skill-based way ?

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 07:08:15 pm »
Nobody commenting on not changing the upkeep but rebalancing the class in a more skill-based way ?
I don't think that this would help to lower the amount of cav. Maybe less lancer and more HA/HX and that's not desirable.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 07:10:30 pm »
You can't have a nice fight, lasting for... let's say 20 seconds, w/o getting shot at or bumped/couched/lanced in the back. It really takes a lot of fun out of the game.

Go to duel.
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 07:12:23 pm »
I don't think that this would help to lower the amount of cav. Maybe less lancer and more HA/HX and that's not desirable.

I'm sure it would be one of the (unwanted) side effects, but we can treat that problem separately. There's already a MOTF fix (I don't know whether it's in the latest patch or still in development, but it's there) that will hopefully make the central grief against mounted ranged dissappear.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 07:13:39 pm »

I´d love to see that, we however had a lot of threads concerning it...  not sure it will happen