Author Topic: make horses more expensive  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
make horses more expensive
« on: April 23, 2012, 02:07:52 pm »
+1
there are to many of them, i'd make those cheaper ones (rouncey, steppe, desert, courser, arab) more expensive.
i don't care about heavy ones, those may as well stay the same.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
Re: make horses more expensive
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 02:15:16 pm »
+5
   No matter how expensive you make a class, money is something easy to achieve, either by market playing, selling loompoints ( !! ), etc.

If someone wants to play cav, he will, this same situation happened with archery. Guess what? Nothing changed. Archerfest 24/7, even if paying every round for both stacks (aka 600+ gold).

Two options here: team play with proper pikemen, or try Siege for a change.  :wink:

I'll leave the "its named MOUNT and blade" card for the raging incoming replies.  :oops:

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 02:16:30 pm »
+2
it's named MOUNT and Blade
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 02:22:06 pm »
aye but its not called MOUNT and MOUNT and MOUNT and MOUNT and MOUNT and MOUNT and BLADE  :)

like there are 1/4 of cav on servers  because of archery nerf... we traded devil for satan...
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 02:23:53 pm »
+2
Horses are still getting shot down to easily by those who know how to. My champ destrier got 1 shot in the legs by a 1h p.e.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 02:28:31 pm »
+3
aye but its not called MOUNT and MOUNT and MOUNT and MOUNT and MOUNT and MOUNT and BLADE  :)

like there are 1/4 of cav on servers  because of archery nerf... we traded devil for satan...
You said it yourself. It is now 25% MOUNT and 75% BLADE already. So it is like MOUNT and BLADE and BLADE and BLADE or so. You want it to become BLADE and BLADE and... eeh screw it already. You get it. My answer is, I'm afraid, no.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 03:01:01 pm »
+5
The only solution for not seeing horses, tincans & arbalesters for some time is full database wipe and since it's not gonna happen every other suggestion is futile, especially the price raising. People are rich in this mod, they need to be striped of everything they own, it would be glorious for a change. Fresh start and equal odds for all, no matter how long ago you started playing. In other words:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 03:05:03 pm »
i would actually LOVE to have the whole game wiped- a fresh start on everything. Although that wont happen cause of many reasons, one being that the community cannot afford to lose even MORE members or else cRPG would just... die.
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 03:09:44 pm »
Not going to help.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 03:16:07 pm »
i wouldn't even mind to buff horses if they'd cost WAY more. my problem is not with MOUNT part of the game, my problem actually is with the ammount of that MOUNT.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 03:23:49 pm »
so much horse haters ....

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 03:53:48 pm »
+3
I kind of agree about the large number of cavs on servers. It used to be much easier for a cav like me to get cheap kills back when there was no other cav on the team that would spot the same opportunity at the same time (=> lots of direct or indirect unintentional teamharm). Now when I see a good and squishy unaware enemy, I have to watch on all sides making sure there is no ally or enemy cav that will block me (or that I will block, or both) on my way to my cheap kill.

That is not wrong per se, but a few noobish cav really can ruin it.

On a brighter note, bringing a pike for anticav purposes is now more profitable, which is a good thing.

I'd prefer if we reduced the incentives for cav without touching upkeep (because that pisses off 1st gen newcomers) and without bluntly nerfing the class, because it doesn't need it. Cav needs a rebalance, but not really a buff or a nerf. I know some cav players have ideas to make the class more skill-based and they should be listened to. Less raw damage, more speed and maneuver. Full lance angle but fixing the block hitboxes on horseback... Horse fall damage and reverting the leg damage bonus...

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 04:55:39 pm »
so much horse haters ....

i have nothing against them, the only thing i dislike is there are to many of them.

in general i wouldn't mind horses to be even way stronger (more HPs, way more charge damage), but way more expensive at the same time resulting in less people taking them. i kinda feel this is how it should be - horsman to be the elite class available only to a few individuals (for example to those that sacrifice/sell their looms).

now it almost feels like in native, spawn as swadian horseman and rock the server...

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 05:02:42 pm »
I agree.  I would like to see a horse being so expensive that one can only ride it every ten rounds or so,  and in return see them buffed a lot
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm