Author Topic: Please stop destorying friendly construction sites  (Read 5536 times)

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
Re: Please stop destorying friendly construction sites
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 11:22:32 pm »
+4
Either what arathian said or make it count as a team hit so people can report them and you'll see less people destroying constructions. (Eventhough they go down far too fast)

Offline Andy

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Snow_King
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2012, 12:11:10 am »
+4
+1
Stop breaking seige grear.
(bananasmasher especially)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2012, 05:12:45 am »
+4
Just to be clear, I don't build catapults or siege towers. If you see a con site with a point in it and it is set to Siege Tower or catapult it was a mistake.

Spamming con sites to block doors is, as far as I know not allowed. I have been told that if you have a con site on you that you spawned with and a running like a bastard you can use it to save your self, but what you can't do is set up a weapons rack and jam a door way full of crap. I think in general using con sites to jam lanes of access should be a no no. What I should do instead is dump and run, my 8 ATH should get me in the clear.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2606.0.html

Its at the bottom of general rules.

EDIT:

I had to sell my sole of this shitty video, I hope you guys enjoy it.

http://youtu.be/UIXHR4osV4w
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:18:40 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2012, 05:17:59 am »
+4
hurr durr they are wasting time and not helping us so we are going to waste time and not help the team by destroying it, only so they can rebuild again

friendly demo man credit to team
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2012, 05:20:48 am »
Man I sold my sole cheap :(
Fammi un pompino!

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2012, 05:21:26 am »
Man I sold my sole cheap :(

soles are found on the bottom of your shoes, souls are found within all human

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2012, 05:22:12 am »
+1
Or are they.

Well I got a good deal if I just sold a pair of soles.
Fammi un pompino!

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2012, 05:28:37 am »
+3
Or are they.

I would love your soles frank.

No homo

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2012, 05:29:45 am »
+2
Or are they.

After that classy video you earned yourself a subscriber

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2012, 06:31:33 am »
+1
This one is less classy, I've got it up in the ban thread but I thought I would post it here so people can see what I'm talking about.

I mean every time I get a fucking rug man.

Cheers poop :D my one subscriber XD
Fammi un pompino!

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2012, 07:19:42 am »
+1
Hey Granpappy, I agree that players should not be taking vigilante action against teammates, but how about some commentary on these issues? Some kind of official policy here?

When exactly would it be appropriate for someone to start building a catapult or tower? Logically, we all know it is pretty much never appropriate on the current official server's game modes, besides strategus, so why not just say that?

Also like Mataclypse asked, how about some clarity on using construction sites as obstacles? Is this currently allowed or disallowed?

The Official Server rules need some updating to cover some of the newer equipment, but where they haven't been updated, some general rules apply. It wouldn't be my place to give new "official" rules, but I can tell you what guidelines I use for it. Some of these will address some of the situations you guys are asking about. So here I go sticking my neck out and providing my best interpretation. If a Dev comes in later to correct it, then I'll edit my response here to reflect it.

Official Server rules:
    http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2606.0.html

Rule #1 - Use common sense - where an issue is not covered by any specific rule, this is the one we fall back upon.

Siege equipment specific rules:

No siege equipment spam
        OK: Planting ladders to get to roofs or walls
        OK: Blocking a door with a construction site
        OK: Planting siege shields to provide cover from ranged fire
        NOT OK: Creating a weapon rack and spawning more than a few items to block movement

Yes, you can use ONE construction site to block a door or choke point, but not more than ONE.
    You can't spawn a weapon rack to keep spawning additional contruction sites, but you can spawn one for throwers/archers/xbows to reload.
    Now, to stick my neck out: Currently I would interpret this to mean that additional teammates who spawn with a construction site could block an additional door/chokepoint. (not the same one). However, the goal is to keep the server and game playable, and it is possible that there are maps where common sense will overrule this thought.

A caveat to that would be this one:

No malicious griefing of teammates ( blocking, etc.)
    So don't make things more difficult for your own teammates by your placement of these items. If you do this, and someone destroys it, they aren't griefing you, you are griefing them. Its about context. Again, use common sense.

No leeching
Even if you are building, you need to have a weapon on you in case you need to fight. "I'm making a weapon rack to spawn one" is not good enough.

Catapults - I've given a group of 4-5 players the chance to build one on battle. They just can't get it built fast enough to be useful (in fact they failed 3 of 4 times to even get it up). That doesn't mean they aren't allowed. If a larger group were working together, and could get it done in less than half the time it took that group, then perhaps. But if I don't see at least 10-12 people working on it, I'll ask them to build something different and useful, but even then I am dubious of their worth. Sorry catapult fans.

Towers - Similar to catapults, except they have more usefulness once they are built as a base to house ranged while melee protects below, or in siege to gain access to a more convenient area of the castle. Once again, if a group of 5 or less are working on it, it is generally a waste of time. You need a significant team effort to make this happen. If you don't have that level of participation that would make it an effective strategy, I'll ask you to do something else.

Forward bases - I'm reserving judgement on this one for now. I need to talk to some of the other Admins or see it in action myself. If it gives an unfair advantage and results in some jacked up situations, well you know Rule #1 by now. I think the main issue will be placement. (I'm thinking one outside the walls anywhere, like by a back door would be okay, but maybe not inside in a courtyard.)

If there is something I haven't covered, see Rule #1. In addition, the decision as to whether any use of the siege equipment is valid or not will be up to the Admin on the server at the time. Remember that I am simply posting the guidelines that I work under, which are subject to change based upon the situation. The goal being to allow players to have fun in the manner they want within the rules, while keeping the game playable for all involved.

Remember that if the decision doesn't go your way, show some restraint in your expression of dissatisfaction. Muting/warning/kicking really isn't fun for us either, so don't go overboard.

I hope this helps make a cloudy situation a little more clear. I already had this reviewed by one of the Senior Admins, so it should be fairly close to an appropriate interpretation, but like I said, I'll be editing this to reflect any new information or decisions that are made regarding the siege equipment.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 07:22:36 am by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2012, 08:19:38 am »
+2
     Even if you are building, you need to have a weapon on you in case you need to fight. "I'm making a weapon rack to spawn one" is not good enough.

The problem with that is you need 5 construction mats to build a weapons rack, being a lone siege engineer about 90% of the team means that I would need to respawn twice to get it done, not including the initial spawn so it would be a total of 3 spawn. Which would make building defensive siege gear improbable at best, you would be looking at 1.5min of waiting to respawn + running + building, if by the time you respawn for the second time you can even get back to the location you built the first one at.

When I spawn with the site I have my long dagger, but when I spawn to finish the site I have set up I need all 4 slots for the construction mats :/
I always assume that the weapons rule was a leeching rule, so can there be some wiggle room? 4 con mats with a total upkeep of 1752 is kind of the opposite of leeching.

But yeah I don't know, if there could be some leeway on carrying 4 con mats that would be greatly appreciated.
Fammi un pompino!

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2012, 04:11:23 pm »
+1
My thoughts there are along the lines of what I expressed concerning catapults and siege towers. An engineering effort almost by definition is a team exercise. If you don't have enough engineers working on a project, it generally is a waste of time. I'm not keen on creating loopholes for the "spawn with a weapon" rule. You need to be able to defend yourself as soon as you spawn, even if only with a long dagger.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2012, 06:43:49 pm »
+3
Frank, if you made a siege engineer clan I would join.   :D
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2012, 08:18:39 pm »
+2
Frank, if you made a siege engineer clan I would join.   :D
You have my c-site!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia